Reviews for Dreams of the Morrow
Anne Camp aka Obi-quiet chapter 23 . 2/15/2020
This... started off so well. I mean, I was really enjoying it. Then we got a time-skip. Okay, I get it, sometimes time-skips need to happen, but Cloud getting captured by Shinra would have been an awesome story. Nanaki said he stopped Cloud... but did he? Did he really? Or is this just a later attempt to get out of Cosmo Canyon (where he was undoubtedly training)?

And then he goes off to start destroying reactors (or shutting them down in ways they can't be restarted without making it VERY expensive...) And then he gets captured (that's what I assume happens) and THEN Kunsel rescues him... just jumping to Kunsel rescuing him had me thinking there was a reason for it. Then we get the chapter after it and instead of helping with that jump and smoothing things out, it went stranger.

So Vincent was in contact with Angeal? How the heck did he get Angeal to believe him that he was there to help Genesis? And what about Reno? Why was he there? Aerith didn't sound worried about him, so there has to be a story there too...

And I think the most unsatisfying thing was that in the end, Cloud was completely useless. He went back in time to save people, and in the end he didn't do anything remotely close. Vincent took care of Jenova. Vincent convinced Angeal. Vincent found the cure for Genesis (or I'm assuming so seeing as Cloud didn't have it when he got to town) and what was it, btw? This story sounds like it should have been about Vincent, not Cloud.

I don't think you have a bad ending, here (although I do think Cloud as a turk would drive him completely crazy... like Sephiroth crazy, but then I find that interesting and would like to see how they handle that). Far from it. But it was so rushed... It honestly felt like it came out of left field, giving the audience little or no time to really comprehend what's going on - More like points on a story instead of a story itself.

*Sigh* I don't mean to sound so negative, because I really did like this up until the time skip. I really do think you have a lot of good stuff even after the time skip. Please take that into account with the rest of this review.

That being said, I prefer this ending to no ending at all, so thank you for that.
Azure Shine chapter 25 . 12/15/2018
umm. I think the story too rushing. I dont understand what happend coz skip most part. haha. but it become too sudden Jenova died and the ending like that. it weird and.. um.. still weird. but thanks for writing this story.
Azure Shine chapter 15 . 12/15/2018
chapter 15 and I dont know what Vlpud doing. no doing to change future or something? he just doing nothing
UnLike Us chapter 25 . 9/12/2016
An interesting story with a fairly typical beginning for a time travel fic but a deviant ending. For some reason I get the impression you writing style changed quite a bit from the begging to the end. But it may simply have been due to the Cloud's possession coming to the surface.

It feels a bit weird that Sephiroth seemed to fade out of the story and in the end didn't have very much at all to do with the solving of the enigma. In fact, he barely had any contact with Cloud at all, aside from providing him with the amnesia excuse.
Wynter Spite chapter 25 . 10/13/2015
I'm glad it has a happy ending. I must say, I loved the humor in this. Brilliant story, my friend.
Keimichi chapter 25 . 5/31/2015
This story was very nice until chapter 20. You had everything set up for a splendid plot, with a lot of originality and a lot of mystery in place. Actually, the arrival of Vincent seemed like the mid-point of the story, where everything has been set into motion and is ready to get to the good part. But since chapter 21, it stopped making sense. Not only did it seem rushed, it felt like there was little to no point. What was the purpose of the story? What happened? Not only was it anti climatic, but all the tension you build up just suddenly disappeared. It felt more like one of those mangas that got axed before they got to the good part. It left things confusing, random, and just plainly unsatisfying.
It was good while it lasted, but really could have ended a lot better.
Shiki105 chapter 25 . 1/31/2015
Hi!

This is my second day reading this and I felt compelled to leave a review. It was a good, amusing story. But sometimes the narrative was quite erratic - example, the focus tended to shift quite suddenly and sometimes it could have done with going into detail a bit. Perhaps you should have contacted a beta?

Still, it was a cute little story and I would have liked the characters' daily lived padded out a bit - and maybe have the younger Cloud's consciousness kick in earlier in the story? Cuz it kind of just popped out of nowhere at the beginning of the previous chapter.

But thanks for the story all the same and good luck with all future projects! :)

Shiki
SilverPhantom88 chapter 25 . 12/25/2014
The end was a bit anticlimactic but I loved the story. Kinda rushed the end but man, the story was awesome _
Skyray chapter 14 . 12/10/2014
Well, it's not like amnesia from a hit to the head would wipe all your memories anyway (being that different part of the brain keep track of different things), so with his added confusion he should be able to get out of the interrogation no prob! :) It is to say, he has luck on his side for convenient excuses each time he gets "caught" :D I'm starting to wonder if Vincent will end up doing all the work then come back to Cloud, like "what? you didn't even remember the plan?!" lol
Skyray chapter 2 . 12/9/2014
...what? are you saying a physical object, convenient-for-plot phone, of all things made it back in the little travel trip as well? That's multiple levels of weird and random lol
lizzpercush chapter 8 . 11/25/2014
Thank you, thank you! I finally found a writer who gets that sending someone's "mind" back in time with memories from the future does not mean Cloud is an automatic kickass badass with all of his mako enhancements! [I'm a neuroscientist major; I know a few things about brains]
It's one of my biggest pet peeves. Yes, his technique will be off. Yes, he'll overestimate his range, strength, speed, and more. I mean, he'll adjust the more he practices, but he's stuck in his twelve year-old's self body and has to work around the limitations therein. But I'm just so happy to have found a fic that acknowledges and accounts for this insight.
Fallen's child chapter 7 . 11/13/2014
what happened to reno last time?
Starling Starwing chapter 25 . 10/22/2014
Alright so I enjoyed reading your story but I’m going to be honest and say I wasn't a fan of the way it ended. Cloud pretty much gets screwed over and pushed out of the way while Vincent deals with what they were BOTH sent back to do without even needing his help. In fact, I’m pretty sure Cloud only made things harder. Then the issue with past and future Cloud comes up out of the blue and suddenly Cloud can’t even have his own body anymore. While the idea of Reno and future Cloud sharing a body is interesting enough and I would gladly read a oneshot about it if you ever make one, that’s not what I would consider a satisfying conclusion to the story. It was nice to get to see Vincent's end of things though.
NeverTooMuchInspiration chapter 25 . 9/28/2014
An interesting take on the time travel story line. It can be a bit tricky to figure out what to do with Cloud as a cadet but you did an admirable job in this instance. I am not so sure that dumping the conscious into Reno was the best solution, but perhaps it was more realistic than my thought of the Lifestream eventually dumping Cloud's future body in the past. Thank you for writing and posting this story!
LadyTeldra chapter 7 . 9/17/2014
French is beautiful. One of the four languages I'm mostly fluent in and the third of seven I at least partially learned.

L'histoire est incroyable. J'apprecie le temps que j'ai passe. Je serai tres decu quand le livre se termine comme je ne serai plus en mesure de lecture. Oui, je l'appelle réservation. Car il a gagne tel.

'Et pour les rêves de demain a brisé l'âme. Et le rossignol chante la mélodie de la dernière grâce de soirée.'