Reviews for Diddle diddle dumpling
kenzie17 chapter 1 . 8/13/2012
Just commented on your closed twice fic and i have to say i love all of your supernatural fics. This one really gets to me because my kid brother (ironically there's a four year age difference) called me 'D' before he could say my name 'Mackenzie'. The only thing i would have added to this story is how it feels to be called that. I understand that this is from Sam's POV but still. Hearing that old nickname always makes me smile and there are days i literary wish my brother would call me that. It just reminds me od the days where i could do no wrong in his eyes, when i was his hero. And when he calls me that i know that a small part of him still thinks. that. Anyway grear fic
Mystic25 chapter 1 . 3/12/2011
This was good. I wondered about that too, when I saw that address list come on on Sam's phone, why just 'D'. But, you're right, it is endearing, the same way Dean calls him Sammy, the same way everyone programs names into phones, just first names, no last names, or just nicknames, because they know them, and what that name means.
T.L. Arens chapter 1 . 3/12/2011
That was such a privilege to read! Your writing is beautiful, like perfect cursive on a page. - The story moved so fluently and I felt the same emotions so eloquently expressed for Sam's sake. The identity of lower-case A between two D's... I would NEVER have thought of that! Damn, that was clever! And then you turned to Sam's life and all the horrors he endured that started with D and flipped all that around and instilled all the good things-love, home, ect into D... You just blew me away. THANK YOU for putting so much thought into so short a piece!
zekeschance chapter 1 . 3/9/2011
Just lovely. I loved it when I saw it on Sam's phone. Thought it was appropriate.
moira4eku chapter 1 . 3/9/2011
Awhhhhh...I just love it! Deeeeeeeaahhh! How totally sweet is that. A great explanation of Sam's phone cell list for Dean. Thanks for the great one shot.
Meggin Lane chapter 1 . 3/9/2011
You really put some loving thought into this one. When Sam scrolled down his phone list and paused at the single capital letter "D" didn't we all just know it had to be for Dean?

I loved your image of little Sammy sitting on his diaper padded behind with his little face fretful at not having big brother around and his little fists clenching and unclenching in his frustration. Much like his 25 yr old self does now. That was a wonderfully warm reference.

Like in your story, fanfic canon was honored by the show when the letter D got scrolled down to and you just knew in Sammy's mind it stood for "Deeeeeee!"
Cynnie chapter 1 . 3/9/2011
Love the last few lines. Very sweet.