Reviews for Something To Look Forward To
BarbedWire chapter 9 . 7/26
Oh man! I don't even really know Naruto, but my sister told me I had to read this story anyway, and wow. Just wow. It was hilarious, but every time I started to laugh I'd remember that it actually wasn't funny at all, that Sakura and Kakashi were exhausted and lonely and he'd tried to kill himself. This was amazing. Amazing. It was incredibly painful, but also incredibly funny, and there was a sort of optimism to their friendship and their silly gossipy plans that made me hopeful for them.
Anyway, this was a ton of fun to read, even with limited Naruto knowledge, and I'm hopeful for more!
candyish12345 chapter 9 . 7/13
lmao i love this
Kel chapter 1 . 7/13
The gritty visuals of Sakura's tiny flat and her exhaustion and her drive to succeed damn-it and her life being nothing but work-sleep-work-sleep and no time to eat, and no time to mourn her team is just amazing. Her exhaustion just permeates this whole chapter, lending it a sort of realism that's generally sadly lacking in fanfic.

Her clearly communicated emotional space is almost the perfect backdrop to the realization that Kakashi's injury is self-inflicted. She's so numb that she can't hurt, but so invested that it hurts desperately, enough to push through her exhaustion and her own pain.

I think I've read this a dozen times trying to articulate exactly what about it makes me love it so much, and I've come up with - I've been this worn out. I've been overworked and living in a horrid apartment, and I've not had time to do more than sleep and look at food and wonder if it was worth eating... and trying to imagine one of my people showing up like this breaks my heart.

Just like it's supposed to.

Brilliant. Really, truly brilliant.
This fic is awesome. There are feels, but also so much funny.
Kel chapter 3 . 7/7
Is it very wrong of me to want "Fucking shannaro, bitches" on a t-shirt?

I'd be perfectly happy to put an attribution link on the back of the shirt, but I think that's my favourite line from any writing ever.

Closely followed by "But real friends let friends count their nipples." ...but I think that going on a t-shirt would lead to all kinds of inappropriate offers from strangers.

Seriously. I think this story has redefined my appreciation for an entire genre. Although I might be biased because this chapter makes me laugh, repeatedly, despite the unbelievably deep emotions it drags around.
Sook03 chapter 9 . 6/13
Hmm. It wouldn't look too weird if Sakura went on a date with her fiance and another suitor, would it?
Sook03 chapter 8 . 6/13
Jealous Kakashi got himself in trouble with his eternal rival; oh no,

Shizune got herself right. Gai must have an amazing body under that spandex. His thighs must be amazing.
Sook03 chapter 7 . 6/13
Ohmigod. Kakashi and Sakura could have a ten year engagement? He would probably be amenable to anything after a half hour orgasm.
Sook03 chapter 6 . 6/13
Lee won! Ohmigod. Maybe these dates will be a good thing?
Sook03 chapter 5 . 6/13
He ought to work real hard on keeping her. She's great.
Sook03 chapter 4 . 6/13
Marriage proposals mid orgasm are important too? Did he realize what he just said?
Sook03 chapter 3 . 6/13
The 5th hokage's breasts as natural wonders of the ninja world; simply perfect.
B0R3DBL0GG3R chapter 9 . 6/10
Will any of the other Konoha 12 be making an appearance?

BB
B0R3DBL0GG3R chapter 2 . 6/10
Fudge, their cuteness is killing me. I love Kakashi/Sakura interactions so mcuh.

BB
TheHaloFreak chapter 9 . 6/8
This story is the most amazing cute sad funny story to ever grace mine eyeballs! I giggled the entire way through! I lack the words to properly express the delight I felt reading this story, or the fondness I have developed for it. I say with verve that it is a crime and a huge loss to the world that this story hasn't been updated in a long time! Reading this story has rejuvenated my youthful spirit! Hazzah! The highest honor I can bestow upon any work of fiction is a place in my coveted "Super Favorites List" and I spot in my "like to reread" folder, both of which this story has earned! Tis hard to say what I loved most about this master piece of written word, but I suspect it was the underlying humor in every paragraph! Despite it having a melancholy sort of premise it is undoubtedly one of the funniest things I have ever read! I reiterate that I giggled my way quite joyously through all nine chapters, and then felt sort of strange about it when considering that it's a story kind of about suicide and loneliness!
Know that over the Internet I am sending you encouraging thoughts and youthful enthusiasm with the intent of inspiring you to update!
On a side note, I am quite concerned about Kakashis ninken! Pakkun, why do you ignore your masters summon? Dogs are supposed to be loyal! What has happened!

Ok now that I'm done channeling Gai, I just wanna say that I totally love this story and want moar!