Reviews for Lolita
RoyCanteWrite chapter 1 . 9/19/2012
You're crazy, this is awesome.

I'm so interested in interactions of this sort, and you totally caught me with Lolita :p When I'm writing characters, it's always a matter of tapping into the most prevalent emotion at the time and then branching off into the smaller, but still important, qualities. Lust for the forbidden is obviously what's being portrayed, so I just sort of went with that.

While this is true for countless novels, Lolita had such a lovely way of expressing something that can be considered "evil and foul," and you'll find naught a crude word in the script. That is my FAVORITE way expressing things like pedophilia. So I sort of just channeled that one idea with the style I used, and implemented my own sort of strangled feelings on the matter. I used a bunch of references also, and you're the first person to catch that, haha. I couldn't help but use asides, I always like just a TOUCH of humor in my writing, no matter how dark the subject matter. Alucard is completely insane, in that respect, and I think that adds a wonderful element to the whole thing

ENOUGH OF ME! There is so much freaking symbolism and depth here. My God. I had to linger on just about every sentence in order to grasp the full implications. What's happening in Integra's mind is very clear and focused, very well worded. She isn't just a naive little girl who thinks her vampire is pretty in this, she's a poisoned wall of steel, and I applaud thee, 'cause fuck yeah, in-character Integra. I like how Alucard isn't even IN the story until the end, and there's so much intent there without any dialogue at all. I have a hard time writing like that. I like that Integra was aware, despite their emotional closeness, of how he'd probably just gobble her up and continue on with smile.

You should totally give this another shot, if you think this falls short. If that's the case, what you must have in mind that could improve this must be very interesting indeed ;p

Thank you so very much for your review on my own little one-shot. I'm always astounded when I get reviews like yours, and I look to find that the reviewers writing is just so much better. I reiterate: You're crazy, this is totally awesome. We all have our own voice, and yours is lovely.
Lolita chapter 1 . 3/24/2012
I nearly used another pseudonym to review, but this is the one I've grown attached to; so be it.

I think your story does justice to Nabokov's novel and the darkly seductive relationship between Alucard and Integra. The style was almost poetic, very well done.

Lovely!
Guest chapter 1 . 3/4/2012
It's so good that even though I would love to read more, the ending can stand as it is. It just works, somehow.
Auteur-Onirique chapter 1 . 5/16/2011
I just at a pple and I'd like another... With the vampire too...

Well, I really like your fic and I liked the Lolita book too. When you think about it, it's quite the same situations, at the beginning.
Azulia chapter 1 . 5/11/2011
DreamingOfDissent chapter 1 . 4/1/2011
I could have sworn I reviewed this before now. I've been having computer issues, so I guess it just didn't go through. I LOVED this piece and didn't connect your comment with this piece until I double checked to see if I had read any of your work. This piece is exquisite. I love the vocabulary you used, it painted a very detailed view of the emotions and sexual undercurrents to everything. Absolutely exquisite piece.
The Voice in the Wilderness chapter 1 . 3/28/2011
Delightful. Quite unexpectedly risqué for someone who giggles at Bronte'; Emily and Charlotte would be so proud... hehe...
Dirtyfacade chapter 1 . 3/15/2011
I wonder why I suddenly have a craving for apples... hahaha.

A very slick and sophisticated story, full of sexual danger and elegantly perverse overtones. I especially enjoyed the part where Integra starts wearing suits and smoking cigars to defend herself against Alucard's predatory seductive quality. I'm not much of an A/I reader but this I throughly enjoyed.
Soul93 chapter 1 . 3/10/2011
i hardly read fanfics these days but when i do i only bother with the really good ones. thanks for this lovely piece, a sequel wouldn't be asking for too much?
can'tthinkofanoriginalusername chapter 1 . 3/9/2011
Hmm... this is quite excellent. Care to continue it?
0-Girlycard-0 chapter 1 . 3/9/2011
Oh wow. that was quite a read, I thoroughly enjoyed it. I found it very reflective of the relationship between Alucard and Integra. It worked really well as a short story, but is there a possibility of future chapters? I would love to read more, so completely satisfying yet unsatisfying . P Haha, write on!

xoxo

C.
The Silver Mystery chapter 1 . 3/9/2011
Part of me is very curious about reading the book, but I am not sure if I want to read it for entertainment so much as reading it to cringe at the sexual tones of it all.

That aside, I just LOVE the pure sexual tension in this entire piece. I could practically feel it while I read it.