Reviews for A Villainous Plan
tonraq chapter 1 . 2/28/2012
This is cute; I really like Knives' thought process here :P
marora chapter 1 . 7/24/2009
Despite this being your first Trigun fic it was really well done. I like your references to Milton, the bibble, Ixion, Jesus and the devil. All very well put, both humorous and dark.
SnowyNight chapter 1 . 3/13/2009
You have such beautiful writing. The way you captured Knives and his thoughts is very entertaining and I love reading this story! Nice work!
My Magdalena chapter 1 . 7/16/2007
You're right, Knives is a very hard character to capture, but I think you did a good job. He would enjoy arguing, he would be a constant philosopher, and he would think about the thread count of his sheets. My only issues with this fic were grammatical. There is nothing to identify who is speaking after most of the quotes. I kept getting confused with who was saying what. Also, I got confused on the pronouns a few times. Like the line "Once, when they were six months old, Vash had hidden his teddy-bear in Duct J in order to lure him into curiosity..." Was it Vash's teddy bear, or Knives'? Who is being lured into curiosity? The bear? I’d recommend a beta reader to smooth out the kinks.

Other than that, I think this is very well written and put together. I loved Vash’s happy attitude at the end, and Knives’ response. I was sad to see you hadn't written any other Trigun fics, because you do a great job with the characters, giving them depth. You showed the rational behind Knives' beliefs instead of making him evil because he just thinks good is dumb, and Meryl wasn't just angry because she's crazy and mean. I hope you decide to write more someday, or even make me very happy and continue this!
Renleek chapter 1 . 5/28/2006
Oh WOW! WHAT A GEM OF A PIECE! Your intropection of Knives was ABSOLUTELY DELECTABLE (to the brain especially!) (dunno why that word popped in but it really felt like I was eating the best doughnut in the world...).

How you managed to keep Knives looking awfully intellectual and composed yet make him look like a child simultaneously is beyond me! The way you write is mesmerizing. Also... can't say I didn't especially enjoy Knives' verbal debates with Meryl. Ah yes, they are indeed very much alike! Way to go Vash, you big oaf! And way to go you, for being an awesome writer!
knraiya chapter 1 . 3/30/2006
"Or Nietzche. NIETZCHE!"

Haha, this is fantastic! I love Knives and his misanthropy. This is the first time in a VERY long time that I've been able to read a fanfic that actually makes my brain do some work. And in addition to that, you're one of the few authors who takes time to understand the philosophies of the characters- not just Vash's donut-eating splurges, or Knives' 'MUAHAHA GENOCIDE!' aspect that other authors like to fixate on so much... which is really refreshing to see. Wonderful job on this!
purplerebecca chapter 1 . 2/2/2006
That was beautiful. Beautiful I tell you.

Intelligent, incapacitated Knives, baiting Maryl, hating human life. Fabulous.
doomsdaybringer chapter 1 . 11/11/2005
wow that was a great one shot, you did such a good job of portraying knives, lol i had this page open, then i had another tab open to a dictionary hehe. that was really something.

Doomy-chan
Lunis chapter 1 . 11/16/2004
Hehe, I really liked Knives' antisocial and cynical personality. And I agree with Thunk's review saying, "The only reason this doesn't have more reviews is because in all honesty, you probably write over the heads of 99% of the traffic here..." Yup. But I really like it that way. It just seems so...Knives-ish. Nice work!
MMM chapter 1 . 11/7/2004
"She says that she hasn't had an intellectual conversation since Wolfwood ... passed on. Well, even if it's yelling. But she yells at everybody. And those random moods - you two have so much in common!" Vash enthused, waving his arms about wildly.

OMG this fic truly had me laughing till I cried! You make this alternate pairing just SO MUCH FUN!
adorima chapter 1 . 7/31/2004
At the first I thought that you were just using too many fancy shmancy words...and that your sentences rambled from one topic to the next("the recesses of his cerebellum?") _ , but after I thought about it, it makes sense. Still.

Though the Thunk lady might tell you differently, I think you should just rewrite the wording to make it just a bit more understandable.

of course, that would be so un-Knives...

and once and for all!

VASH IS NOT STUPID!
theWolf24 chapter 1 . 7/15/2004
Man, I was laughing through the entire thing. I agree with galli-vi; Knives is likably delusional, impatient, and antisocial... not to mention cynical. I don't mind that he rambles, it just makes listening to him funnier, but it also reminds me of myself in a creepy way (when I'm in a particularly dark mood, I ramble in my head). To sum it up in one word, this fic is GREAT! You captured Knives' personality perfectly! XD
Chemical Lie chapter 1 . 7/12/2004
That was VERY good. The language useage was amazing, and this was very very well written. I love the way Knives is portrayed, it's right on target. - Great job!
galli-vi chapter 1 . 3/21/2004
m...I like it. It's a good fic with an interesting pov. It's not often that I can read interaction between Knives and Rem. He's eloquante and well spoken (actually, being the writer, it's actually /you/) and likably delusional (in ignoring his faults), impatient, and antisocial. It's a great short fic. Hope you write more!
Ron the Future Weasel chapter 1 . 3/8/2004
I love this story! *Marks it as a favorite as well as you* Knives has always been one of my favorite characters from the series. I couldn't help but to grin and laugh at his thoughts on counting objects in the room and how subsection J is now on the dark side of the third moon. The arguement between Knives and Meryl was great! As was the "arguement" between Vash and Knives. Your vocabulary skills also rock my socks. This story is definately a sharer. I hope you continue it if you mean to. Keep up the good work!