Reviews for When In Rome
Gelado Pocket-mouse chapter 20 . 9/12
lol just imagining what Val thought of Claudius smiling at her son - Hiccup is the ULTIMATE master of networking. Be it dragons, romans, or countrymen, he forms those relationships
ThermiteHawk chapter 7 . 8/2
That first sentence almost made my head explode
PipeDreamPrayer chapter 5 . 3/30
I KNEW IT! Agh, it was the name Al that was initially so suspicious to me! I had this feeling from the moment he appeared he was your version of Alvin the Treacherous but Dammit I didn't want it to be true bc he seemed so genuinely nice but GAH it all fit together too well that he was just getting in for out of him!
AND I'm already gonna guess that the viking woman is Valhallarama aka Hiccups mother not so dead but in a very different position to Valka from the films!
PipeDreamPrayer chapter 4 . 3/30
I'm torn between poking holes in Als story bc Im suspicious and taking it at face value bc I don't want to consider his actions under that lens the whole time it it turns out I'm wrong, you know?
PipeDreamPrayer chapter 3 . 3/30
It's weird seeing Hiccup and Al come across as... Still boys in a lot of ways, while Astrid is suddenly reaching peak womanhood already. They're both 17 but that means very different things for present day and viking cultures and its like having both at the same time is starting to split into 2 separate ways of showing it...
PipeDreamPrayer chapter 1 . 3/30
Oh dear god the newlywed life SUITS THEM
and the dragons reactions are PERFECT
ManwithaPlan113 chapter 8 . 3/21
Yer a gladiator now boy!
tati1 chapter 17 . 8/27/2018
I love your Claudius, he's so very human. I snicker every time I read "Why do I even have a Praetorian Guard?" lol
tati1 chapter 16 . 8/27/2018
Val's thought sequence here is always so gripping. Really well written section. By the end of it, the reader is taking a firm, determined breath and tensing for battle!
tati1 chapter 9 . 8/27/2018
God, I always love this chapter. Hiccup soothing angry dragons is something I never get tired of.
Alleluia00 chapter 15 . 6/18/2018
What exactly are Alvin's motivations? His reason for hating Hiccup and all Vikings? And how does he have the ear of the empress? Why would Claudius send the Roman legions to Berk when they have nothing? You can't make the argument that they're a threat, because based on numbers alone the empire can crush the entire archipelago. I know, it actually the empress who's doing it, but the legion couldn't leave Rome without the Emperor's permission, so why would he give it?
Guest chapter 1 . 6/7/2018
I would sell my soul to have a 3rd installation in this series my entire soul omg this is such a fantastic story you are such a great writer!
CajunBear73 chapter 26 . 5/11/2018
But for your timeline, ends a saga of deceit, treachery, ambition, love, wistfulness, family stubbornness and karma coming around.

Hiccup's path from Berk and back, filled with so much despair and loss before regaining more than he had before his journey began, ended with a stronger, united family of Vikings who take care of their own.

Adieu.

CB73
CajunBear73 chapter 10 . 5/9/2018
Hiccup's making a name for himself as Vulcan, ain't he?

And Astrid's had her first kill...So many emotions compressed into those few minutes, she's a bit overwhelmed, ain't she?

CB73