Reviews for Just When You Thought the Worst Was Over
The Winterwitch chapter 6 . 5/4/2011
"She spread her arms and he walked into them, and for a very long moment, they simply stood quietly, holding each other." Awwww... :o)

Things look in deed brighter now!
The Winterwitch chapter 5 . 5/4/2011
Uh-oh - Remus and Severus have finally found each other and can communicate, but that doesn't seem to help much. Poor them!

Remus's moving difficulties are still somewhat cute *g*.
The Winterwitch chapter 4 . 5/4/2011
Oh dear, what a bad piece of luck. Poor Severus! But he can see and hear Remus - that is most intriguing.

Great that Minerva is transfiguring Severus a chamber pot as well! This aspect too often gets totally ignored and left out, always a pity. ;o)
The Winterwitch chapter 3 . 5/4/2011
Oh no, how could you do this to Irma! *sobs* And poor Severus, seemingly caught hot-handed... I just hope he will be able to prove his innocence.
The Winterwitch chapter 2 . 5/4/2011
"You never stop hoping in your heart that the one you love will somehow, someday, come to love you back,"

Poor Dora. Her loving somebody else not available makes much sense indeed.

Interesting, that Remus can't touch anything but this invisible "wall" around his dead body. (And the scene with him apparating inside a wall is quite cute ;o) ).

And how good for Severus that his true allegiance already became known, though he doesn't know it yet.
The Winterwitch chapter 1 . 5/4/2011
This is a great first chapter! I was already pulled inside the story with the first part, and the rest follows just perfectly.

I love the appearance of Minerva, of course, but also of Irma - another character that gets much too little attention in fanfic. You do her proud, and I smiled reading about her concern about the books! :o)

Your take on Severus' survival is interesting and refreshing - as much as I take his survial for granted in my personal view of canon ;o), the fast way most fics deal with it sometimes is a bit frustrating. It's good to read for once how it could have happened, and realistically so. I'm rather curious what is going to happen with Remus. This spell makes much sense and fits everything well into canon, but poor him! This state must be dreadful to experience.
Mottsnave chapter 9 . 4/28/2011
You have painted a wonderful portrait of Andromeda in this chapter; she is unreasonable, bitter, stubborn, and also very grief-stricken, human and real. I think it's a very realistic portrayal to show her putting all the blame on Remus; that's probably as much as she can handle at the moment.

That's also a insightful little character note for Minerva, how she considers slipping past and not facing the difficult encounter with Andromeda, but then decides to do the harder thing instead.

Then you've got just a touch of Snape's (usually justified) paranoia in his assessment of Shacklebolt and how it differs from Minerva's.

In all, this is what I really love about your story: you have a very balanced way of presenting all the characters. Even those who are opposed to the protagonists have their reasons. It's very emotionally realistic, and very well done.
Mottsnave chapter 8 . 4/22/2011
I really enjoyed Severus' and Kingsley's interactions in this chapter. They may be at odds, but actually neither of them is really unreasonable. I thought it was particularly well done how Kingsley defused the situation and got Snape to cooperate with him; he's showing himself to be a very good leader here. Oh, and Snape's password is hilarious!

I'm also very glad you brought up Filch... such a neglected and rather tragic character. After another author recently mentioned him, I realized that I had never thought about what his fate would be after the battle, if things would go very badly for him since he had been supporting Umbridge and the Carrows. Thank you for putting him in here and making him into a real person rather than just a caricature! It also brings the horror of Irma's murder into greater focus, since many of the other characters have seemed to be in too much shock from the battle to react personally.

Excellent chapter!
SuddenPsychosis chapter 7 . 4/17/2011
Oh this is so far a delight to read. I'm at a loss at figuring out who killed Pince. There's no clues so meh. Still a mystery. And I do hope that Lupin gets reunited with himself.

Cheers.
Oswin123 chapter 7 . 4/15/2011
awesome upload soon please xx
Mottsnave chapter 7 . 4/15/2011
I like how you are developing the relationship between Minerva and Severus. You can see a history of a sort of amiable contrariness between them in the back-and-forth in this chapter. I love how bothered Snape is that someone would have noticed his relationship with Remus, that seems very true to character.

Remus' experimentation with his physicality made me laugh, but it's probably a bit unwise considering how jumpy the aurors are in the aftermath of the battle. If Remus isn't careful an innocent bystander might get hexed!

I'm sorry you don't have any more posted yet, you are building suspense nicely and I'm eager to read more!
Mottsnave chapter 6 . 4/15/2011
Ah, you've added more suspense now, a ticking clock on Remus' existence. That's a nice little cliffhanger to end on (I actually like cliffhangers, they keep the story moving).

I like how you've filled in more of the background between Remus and Severus, and also, importantly, between Remus and Tonks. I think this description fits very well with Remus' second thoughts about his marriage in canon. I think my favorite thing, though, is how you show Remus' lasting affection and sorrow about Tonks even though both of their hearts were elsewhere. That's very well done.
Mottsnave chapter 5 . 4/15/2011
Your little touches of humor in this chapter make an excellent contrast with the confusion and horror of the aftermath of the battle. I also love how... physical your descriptions are. There's a very palpable sense of everyone's exhaustion and Remus's frustration and difficulty with movement. (That part is very well imagined, it makes me think of the kind of nightmare where you can't move or see properly, completely frustrating!)

Here we are getting a little more background on Remus and Severus' past relationship. I have to say this 'ship isn't one that I easily imagine these characters falling into, but so far I like how you have described their conflicting feelings.
Mottsnave chapter 4 . 4/15/2011
I think you are doing a very good job with the characterizations of Kingsley and all the professors so far. You let us see a lot about their relationships to each other through their interaction, in particular, how each character reacts to the news about Snape's affiliation and Irma's death. I also love how you are just dropping hints as to Remus' and Severus' past without spelling it out yet. It's a very natural and engaging style of character building.
Mottsnave chapter 3 . 4/15/2011
Oooh, the plot thickens! I admit, I'm very biased to Snape survival stories PLUS mysteries (maybe because that's what I'm writing myself), but this is a very good one, with great atmosphere! I love the sinister going-on in the darkened library, and also Snape's tremendously bad luck.
38 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »