Reviews for Ersatz
AnitaHoward chapter 1 . 10/7/2013
I loved this a lot; I don't think the word 'ersatz' itself fits well; it's too fancy of a word. I think that having the word and the definition in the description is fine, and the fic itself explains the word without having to use it. But this was really good; actually, I never even thought of the similarities between Donna and Amy, but Donna is definitely a hundred times better than Amy (I kind of like Amy, but not nearly as much as dear Donna). Anyways, lovely, sad little fic. Two thumbs up.
MayFairy chapter 1 . 4/28/2011
awww...now I'm all sad about Donna again!

really really good though!
domina tempore chapter 1 . 3/11/2011
Agreed. Absolutely agreed. I've always found it slightly ironic, some of the similarities in the two of them... But as much as I love Amy, she's like a shadow of Donna; a reasonable/acceptable facsimilie, but not the real thing.

VERY well done.
Ace of Gallifrey chapter 1 . 3/10/2011
I am so TERRIBLY glad that someone else has noticed the obvious "knockoff Donna" effect we've had in the latest companion! I've been pointing this out to people for ages!

Such a lovely little story, my only ConCrit is that I feel like you could have brought up the "runaway bride" bit you mentioned at the beginning again at the end to make it feel a bit more complete. Circular, you know? But that's just me being overly literary with my fanfic, so I'll shaddup now because it was a damn good fic.
mericat chapter 1 . 3/10/2011
Ohh... It makes me feel so sorry again for Donna. They really need to bring her back in some way 'cause she was perfect for the Doctro.
SPACER8000 chapter 1 . 3/10/2011
I like this because it compares Amy to Donna. And, it illustrates the fact that he SHOULDN'T RUN FROM HIS EMOTIONAL PROBLEMS.