Reviews for Sandstorm Legacy
Dee chapter 1 . 5/13/2014
Storms cause all kinds of interesting reactions and actions. I particularly liked Amanda's trying to go on with life as usual when it clearly was not going to be so due to weather. I react rather strongly to changes in barometric pressure so I understand the urge to duck and cover when the nasty stuff is about to hit. Great story - I loved your premise "Sarek feeling" .
kyoko12989 chapter 1 . 8/7/2012
Very good. I love this pairing.
q.thews chapter 1 . 4/2/2011
Interesting idea.
sf.fangirl chapter 1 . 3/12/2011
Wow, I'm impressed. I don't know why since you're consistantly impressive. I was just struck by the depth of the story. You added to Vulcan culture and instinct in logical manner. You highlighted the biological differences that Sarek and Amanda continue to confront at the most unexpected moments. I can't help thinking that with many other authors if they had written a story with Sarek talking about his "feelings" to Amanda, it would have ended when he explained he was talking about the drop in pressure. You used it as a jumping off point for much more. Bravo.
aurado chapter 1 . 3/12/2011
I am very impressed at how you always seem capable to create a new element - fictional, but very realistic - regarding Vulcan culture.

Sandstorms this time!

Thanks for the good reading.
LettieM chapter 1 . 3/12/2011
Very enjoyable story. I liked your idea of Sarek having a strong instinctive reaction to the coming sandstorm, while Amanda doesn't doesn't feel his concern or understand his reaction. Even after thousands of years of civilization, Vulcans are still affected by their planet's environment and connected to it. And nature still has power to disrupt even their advanced civilization.

It was fascinating to see that, while humans celebrate the continuation of life during such a crisis, Vulcans have that reaction after the crisis has passed. And thus began the life of a certain Vulcan Starfleet officer! Great story. Thank you for posting it.
iadggm chapter 1 . 3/11/2011
I liked this story for a number of reasons. Moving from a more temperate climate of the Eastern United States to the American southwest some years ago this story had a ring of truth because people in my new town seemed to consider the desert climate as a given. I thought I knew what to expect as I had certainly experienced warm weather and blowing winds, but it is just not the same at all. When you see the wall of swirling sand that can completely limits visibility in the same way that a snow storm does, it gives you a whole new regard for the desert.

I like the story because it presents Sarek as Vulcan and “different”. It presents an example of the differences to which a stranger in a strange land must adapt. It increases one’s appreciation of Amanda’s adaptability. I have an ongoing curiosity about how the Vulcans would mix modern technology with a strong historical/biological reaction to a natural phenomenon. In one respect, I always think of them as nerdy intellectuals, but the historical/biological overlay lends a somewhat unexpected element to their reactions. That makes for interesting story telling.
Ghiri chapter 1 . 3/11/2011
A wonderful story that reminds us that Vulcans are biological creatures too, that they are a part of their planrt's biosphere. It was a fascinating contrast to see Sarek reaction on such a primal level while Amanda took things in stride.
VickyFromGreece chapter 1 . 3/11/2011
It really is a wonderful and very clever story. And I am again amazed to see how excellent, easy (?), and naturally you write about our beloved couple. The sandstorm story is a perfect example to see the different way they see and communicate with each other.
Lori Jean chapter 1 . 3/11/2011
Yet again insight to our first family.. Amanda accepting the logic and the nonsense that seems to have to go with it. It makes beautiful sense to have the techo-babble, and this is serious cards in the same hand.

You know I love your writing, thank you.