Reviews for If Things Stayed The Same
Doni chapter 1 . 6/7/2011
Loyal Lurkeress chapter 1 . 5/14/2011
This is a fascinating pairing, and I'm glad I found this! Don't worry about deviating from the norm - though I love Kirk/Spock as much as the next gal, I have to say this was very refreshing. And I liked the way you characterized Spock and Pike, and their relationship. Men of duty above all, yet comfortable together. It makes sense and didn't seem too forced.

And of course, now I'm considering the movie from a whole new perspective. Like, Pike promoting Kirk to first officer, and then his subsequent torture, and then Spock's determination to follow Pike's orders... Wow. Cool stuff! :)

I enjoyed this piece. Thanks for sharing!
WickedWitchoftheSE chapter 1 . 3/11/2011
aw this is very cute! Loved it!
Romie chapter 1 . 3/10/2011
By all means feel free to deviate anytime into Pike/Spock. I love the idea of them having a special relationship and I admit I felt irked that Pike was shown as mentor to Kirk in the new movie when I'll always consider Pike as someone of utmost importance to Spock based on TOS.

Miko Akako chapter 1 . 3/10/2011
This was really sweet.

But as I was reading this I couldn't help but think that yeah, Spock and Pike are good, but Spock and Jim are just /better/.

VeeDub chapter 1 . 3/10/2011
Am I a bitch for thinking that Pike and Spock ended in exactly the right way? Spock and Pike are good, sure. But they're not peanut butter and jelly like Spock and Jim are.

This sure as hell sheds some light on Pike's behavior in Mid Afternoon. I love it.
ShamelessSpocker chapter 1 . 3/10/2011
Oh sweetie, don't you worry about deviating from the norm. This was delightful! I loved it. I always thought there was something slashy going on with Pike and Spock from TOS, so I am very ready to read about it. I hadn't thought much about slash pairings for 2009 outside of K/S and Chulu, so this was delicious for me to read. I love the love involved, how the very things that would turn some people off of Spock are what make Chris love him. I also like the idea of them working out so well together, and having a little time off together before the big Narada crisis. It breaks my heart to think Spock will have to choose between orders and the man he cares for. Makes me see the movie in a whole new light! Thanks for a terrific read!
xkohleyesx chapter 1 . 3/10/2011
*sappy smile* (even though the ending's sad). I'd almost like to see what happens after the events of the movie, i.e. Chris' capture and torture (not the Uhura kiss xP)
violet chapter 1 . 3/10/2011
I really cant thank you enough for this. I love pike/Spock they make a really interesting couple and I hope you explore it more. I look forward to all your posts.
DammitJim chapter 1 . 3/10/2011