Reviews for A Little Dysfunctionality Goes a Long Way
tanithlipsky chapter 1 . 5/23/2016
very nice
JeniLyn2000 chapter 1 . 3/9/2015
This is a lovely glimpse of the future they could have had. I love that he makes her feel secure by saying he'll always come back and yet he doesn't make her follow through with her, "I love you." That is so true to who Logan is, he's always been so good at making her feel loved. Even when it's not always reciprocal. Lovely.
c.elder chapter 1 . 11/22/2014
OK, I am now officially hooked on your stories...
RedJane12 chapter 1 . 1/11/2014
Great writing... in spite of the mean exchange (ouch both of them!), I loved reading how much V liked having Logan around and how after he came back they talked. It was really touching and really, V should be able to keep her eyes open by now but hey... At least she is trying and will get there soon...
Cliffy chapter 1 . 7/28/2013
This hurts so good. I honestly can't even say anything else. Wonderful characterisation and plot. I love that you can write Veronica and acknowledge her faults and shortcomings without vilifying her. Beautiful work.
LE chapter 1 . 7/21/2013
So, so good. All I ever wanted was for Logan to get better emotionally, and for Veronica to want to let people in, and I can imagine your entire universe and them slowly working through their issues.
And Logan getting a psych degree: brilliant. He's so self-aware, to the point where it's unnerving. I can imagine that aspect being magnified and him being able to work on his impulse control and anger issues through that.
I think you nailed Veronica. She knows just how to be mean when she wants. It's funny, this aspect of their relationship was never actually explored on the show (wherein they fight the same way they do when they're not dating - with full-on resentment and anger). Their relationship in the third season felt more like one contrived obstacle after the next. Something like this would have worked much better. Natural and believable.
I'm assuming we won't see much of their actual relationship in the film, but we better get something of this sort in the books (eee!).
Lovely work. :)
Mars-Wan Kenobi chapter 1 . 7/11/2013
Spot-on characterisation, especially Veronica's. I do think that Logan's growth would be similar. Mature, but still hot-headed and mean sometimes. And I think that Logan's more understanding of and apologetic for her trust issues than anyone else, so the "I love you" conversation was great, too.
A lot of people seem to think that Logan and Veronica could ride off into the sunset live happily ever after right after the finale, but this? This makes a lot more sense. They're casualties of the corruption in Neptune and the awful tragedies they've been put through, and the result is that it's incredibly difficult to get past that. Even more so for Veronica, because she closes herself off and I think it truly scares her how deeply she feels for Logan. The reason anyone else wouldn't get/accept her issues is because she wouldn't tell them where they stem from.
tl;dr: This is brilliant. You perfectly captured how both of them would be.
msdarling chapter 1 . 4/4/2013
this was perfect
Mansah chapter 1 . 12/22/2012
This was really lovely. It had some great phrases that really cut to the heart of things. Thanks for sharing.
jessi chapter 1 . 9/6/2012
Great story, I liked it!
DalWriter chapter 1 . 7/15/2012
She really went for the juggular - ouch.
BrucasisSwarkley chapter 1 . 1/2/2012
Just had to tell you, I teared up a little reading this. I'm obsessed with LoVe and I adore the way you write them!
edwardfiend chapter 1 . 12/3/2011
Loved it.:)
gg-ghgrl775 chapter 1 . 5/31/2011
This was awesome! I loved it, and SO in character! ;D
layoung13 chapter 1 . 4/11/2011
great story. reads true and shows them as I imagined. I liked the way you captured their thoughts-very realistic. I liked the tension when they fought but the make-up was believable-not sappy or too easy. Logan has matured so much; I wish V had the same growth. Someimes I wanty to yell at her, "get over it." what else does Logan have to do to prove that he will not cut and run no matter how badly she acts?