Reviews for To Wait Out The Time
Guest chapter 1 . 5/17/2014
Wonderful writing again!
Guest chapter 1 . 8/22/2013
I won't cry, I won't cry...and I cried anyway. Gosh, I am such a softie when it comes to Royai, and FMA characters in general. I've cried at FANART before...what the heck is wrong with me?
Haha anyway great fic, you never cease to amaze me!
Pocket Quasar chapter 1 . 4/2/2012
Wow. That was one of the sweetest non-fluffy Royai moments I've ever read! It was so very well-written. Good job, and keep it up!
Starship Artisan chapter 1 . 7/28/2011
I liked that :D
Lou Nebin chapter 1 . 5/29/2011
So, I was going through all the challenge fics..again...and I JUST discovered yours. I must say:

Your descriptions are amazing! Simply beautiful. I didn't even realize the picture you were painting until I reached that amazing last line and I saw the whole thing as if it were actually happening right in front of my face. :D

And such an awesome ending! I love how optimistic that last line is.

Starry Pink chapter 1 . 4/3/2011
This is so beautiful and so full of hope. You did a wonderful job! :)
By Victoria chapter 1 . 3/12/2011
What I had to love the most about this was how alive the night was: "A halo of silver encircled a crescent moon and not the slightest sound broke through the depths of the silence."

It did wonders at exemplifying the vulnerabilities in their characters, especially at this critical moment in their lives. (And of course, I had to chuckle at Mustang being needy with his cry that "shattered the remains of the night's silence)

Then there was the fact that the whole thing was not too overdone with the kissing and etc.

In short, this was very lovely. ]
Thousand Sunny Lyon chapter 1 . 3/12/2011
Great addition to our challenge! Very descriptive, allowing that night and room to flesh out and breathe with life.

My favorite part is Riza's memories of when Roy was taken to the Gate, especially the phrase "the alchemical reaction tore his body apart before her eyes." True, most fics focus on Roy's experience with Riza on the array, not the other way round. I liked that fresh perspective.

Can't wait for the next challenge!
maryh10000 chapter 1 . 3/12/2011
Your descriptions are lovely and evocative, like an oil painting. The description of how Riza deals with her nightmares sounds realistic and rings true.

I'm not sure what I think of them sharing a bed but not being on a first name basis. My original thought is that if they are still Colonel and Lieutenant, they should be in separate beds.
SammyQuill chapter 1 . 3/11/2011
Okay before I say anything else, I want you to know that the last line put just the biggest smile on my face. Roy is so sweet! *gushes*

This is such a beautiful take on Riza, I love that she has a routine/quirk here. It's very similar to mine, or at least was when I had a window seat at my old house. And I can totally understand how much she hurt seeing Roy being forced into human transmutation. A lot of the fics centered around this part of the promised day usually detail what Roy goes through watching her broken and bleeding like that but Rixa would have had to have gone through hell as well, watching Roy being forced to commit the ultimate taboo and somehow blaming herself for being his weakness.

The reason I love the last line so much is because of the hope it implies. Roy is basically tired, blind, emotionally wrecked and still, he isn't wallowing in self pity for her sake and telling her they can watch the starts together. In my little fangirly head, this just equates to him taking care of Riza as opposed to the usual Riza looking after him. *happy sigh*

I'm sorry if this review is not making any sense, I'm slightly hyper right now but the main point I'm trying to make here is that THIS IS SOME AWESOME WRITING!

mebh chapter 1 . 3/11/2011
I love this. I love how traditional it is in its approach and the detailed scene you've created. It doesn't try to hard and there's no grandstanding - no... panic in how you dealt with this theme.

Even your opening line is like something from a longer 19th century novel than from a oneshot on a website... That you've taken the time to so lovingly create this quiet landscape in which Roy and Riza play out their parts is fabulous; "The moon always shone brightest", "heavy blankets", "her fingers only gently brushing against his injured hands": This 'dotting through' of fleeting yet effective description really serves to flesh out the flash-fic. It's a technicolour, dolby surround sound sort of rendering rather than a more internalised, introverted piece, and I really think it plays to your strengths as a writer.

You pull through "Roy's theme" from the manga of "vision", as well as Riza's ever present and fierce devotion, and most wonderfully, you've done it seemingly with no effort at all! It's such an ease to read!

Love it!
ssadropout chapter 1 . 3/11/2011
Lovely fic! You wrote so evocatively that I could practically feel the night. I can imagine Riza would have insomnia and require a routine to deal with it. I love that she's taking care of Roy until Dr. Marcoh can help Roy regain his sight. Best of all is that Roy intends to be with her for future nights.
shuconekotaco chapter 1 . 3/10/2011