Reviews for Persona 4: Welcome to Tokyo
LightJakRises chapter 42 . 6/3/2020
I enjoyed the fic and it inspired me as a writer. I loved your take on Souji and im curious about all the teases to his backstory.

I think all the new elements are a double edged sword but they are what I'm here for. I think you took Persona 4 and made it a tv show. I could easily see this story last 6 seasons.

Thanks for the expierence.
NW nightwalker Hp chapter 18 . 5/12/2020
It was fun while I resd it, thank you author for writing this, and now I wish you the best where ever you are. If you are still around that is... goodbye.
Guest chapter 16 . 7/26/2019
Great so far! It's nice to see more character depth for the protagonist.
Rusty Knight chapter 42 . 1/2/2018
I am very interested in seeing more, even though the last update is dated 2015. But to be frank, this is one of the most lively characterizations that I've seen for the Persona 4 protagonist that doesn't rely on an insert of another character. He has his own story and a background that looks like it has severely affected him in toxic ways. It would be interesting to find out where this can be taken. The least favorite part is the lack in victories of intellectual kind But then again, the boy is not that far into his growth.

In any case, thank you for what you have written already. It was a good read.
Kitebroken chapter 42 . 10/28/2017
Just wanted you to know, I've greatly enjoyed reading your story. I hope that you'll continue.
CureCaligraphy chapter 24 . 10/19/2017
*bursts out laughing at the Omake*
war hippy fatigues chapter 1 . 10/1/2016
I'd be interesting seeing this continue. The main narrative is quite and the characters are mostly much improved over the game.

But.

There are a lot of things that really irritate me whenever I try to go through the story again. Such as:
There are way too many Personas to keep track of all their character traits, which are extremely shallow and juvenile anyway. Izanugi and Nestis are more than enough to be interesting, the rest just feel like padding for the sake of keeping the story like the game. Plus, the way they each talk with a different character makes following conversations with them difficult.
Too much filler to make the story like the game. We don't need to hear a voice telling us, "SOUJI GOT A NEW SOCIAL LINK OF THE BLUE EYES WHITE DRAGON CARD" every single time he befriends someone. We don't need to hear every random school factoid that would be on the ingame test because we, the readers, aren't taking that test.
Too many fight scenes with little impact. Again, this isn't the game, so we don't need to know how every single stupid mini boss fight went or that people can drink soda to replenish their magic points in a dungeon.
Clean this stuff up and the story could be way more focused and impactful, because the bits that aren't annoying are quite good.
Guest chapter 41 . 7/17/2016
I love the story so far sure its not perfect and it has some bumps and scraps along the way, but i enjoyed reading it alot and do hope it comes along until its finish.
frozenbranches chapter 42 . 7/12/2016
I'd be interested in seeing this story continue.
Personally, I would like shorter, more frequent chapters. I feel that a long wait in between chapters might end up with me forgetting important events that had happened in the previous chapter.
I like Souji's characterization the most. It's an interesting change from most other Persona 4 fics I've read. I also like the additions of characters such as the Burner. It makes me want to see the plot and conflicts become resolved.
There isn't much that I dislike about the story. Maybe the lectures in Souji's school? That's just a personal issue, though - I'm not very patient when it comes to reading chunks of text.
Thank you for working on this story! I don't know if you'll see this, especially since it's been over a year since the last update, but I figured I'd give it a try.
Macknife chapter 42 . 6/23/2016
I am very interested in seeing this continue. It's one of my favorite takes on Persona 4.

I prefer shorter chapters released more frequently, if only because that might help the series to possibly pick up some form of steam.

For hobby projects like this, it helps. The bigger what you deal with is, the more probable it is you'll go into procasination and hiatuses. Making releases shorter probably makes production easier and more likely to be done. I imagine you'll feel like it's less of a chore too.

With that said, how you organise a story affects how it is read. Which should be kept in mind.

I like Souji the most about the series, it's rare to find a fanfic that acknowledges the awkward anti-social "nerd" can be just as much of an asshole as your popular high-school douchebag, I also love his character development, along with the way you deal with game mechanics in written text. They're the main reason I really want the series to continue.

The thing I like the least within the story is descriptions, I just feel like sometimes you describe or say something that doesn't need to be said, it makes a chapter longer than it should be, but it's a small thing. Also, Souji's monologues (not Personas, his internal reactions to conversations around him mostly), it is a personal problem though, and I just developed an aversion to monologues because I've seen those used badly in too many Post by Post roleplays.

I'd be willing to be a beta reader, if that means looking at your story before it's done to help with grammar and writing. I don't meet the requirements though because I haven't written anything on this site and I don't really visit it much. This is one of the very few stories I use the site for, but if you want helpers I'm plenty willing through other means. I really want it to continue and possibly finish.
New Glint chapter 42 . 5/24/2016
I like your story man
shadownight819 chapter 42 . 1/3/2016
Keep the story going please. It is one of the best I ever seen with this kind of character.
Guest chapter 3 . 10/7/2015
In response to Lady Igor's question, it was probably Elizabeth. She's kind of an A-hole like that.

I've seen some Neglected-And-Insecure!Souji stories, but never an Actually-Kind-of-a-Loser-With-Debilitating-Problems!Souji story, so I'm interested to see how his character develops. On to the next chapter, I go... :)
Guest chapter 1 . 10/6/2015
I thought their was going to be more updates. But their hasn't been an update since April. The announcement for more updates was such a tease. I want you to know this story is incredible and hope it continues.
Guest chapter 22 . 10/3/2015
Dude, this fanfic of yours have my favorite Persona personalities, like Izanagi's apprecation of the female form or Pixie's hyperactiveness or Slime's Pokespeak. I just wonder what you're going to do with Naoto or hell Rise and their Personas.