Reviews for A Midnight Weary
fukuyama chapter 1 . 9/20/2014
should we read this as an alternate epilog? I happily will. Thank you.:)
SpreadYourWingsxx chapter 1 . 7/30/2014
Wow
thegirlwhoflies chapter 1 . 4/19/2014
Wow, thanks for giving me something good to read with brill narration after all these searching. :) That was real good.
0ld-girl chapter 1 . 3/10/2014
Very amazing one-shot! I truly adore the style it was written in - it expresses the characters' depths well.
themergitonian chapter 1 . 1/11/2014
A really good story
Eleusinian chapter 1 . 12/16/2013
Six re-reads on, this tale still *does* seem like a happy ending far more plausible-and in many ways, desirable-than the one in canon. I like Harry's choice of romantic partners. I like that Hermione, Ron, & Ginny's strengths remain, even with pieces so obviously broken. I like that you've shown what *intelligent* child-warriors would learn from war. I like what the lessons of grief and pain and horror showed them about a society of long-lived adults who cowered beside their hearths and allowed the same monsters to rampage *twice* in 20 years..who waited for children to rescue them.

Most of all, I like that your heroes have the self-respect and moral integrity to refuse to accede to such behavior.

Rowling's work is for children; her lessons-about courage, about love, about right and wrong-are simple and explicit, without the chiaroscuro they acquire as we mature. But for those of us who read the HP books as adults can spot the gaps, the flaws, the stark black or white shading concealing the subtler tones of courage and love and right and wrong.

Thank you for etching them in truer shades here.
CharmedArtist chapter 1 . 11/20/2013
I have no words :)
dreammyth chapter 1 . 9/26/2013
That was beautiful.
ink and blue jays chapter 1 . 9/4/2013
Oh, my goodness. This was beautiful in a sad sort of way. A perfect mix of poignancy, bitterness, sweetness - it's got such a broken, wistful kind of mood, and I love it. Mostly I don't really like stories where everything just falls apart - tragedies make me cry too much - but I love it.
StormBrisingr chapter 1 . 8/15/2013
Very bittersweet. You really built up the darkness very well up until the end where everything seemed so fresh. You created a great mood too, immensely sad and moving. Great job.
Harm Marie chapter 1 . 7/20/2013
This was very good.
Vika16 chapter 1 . 6/6/2013
This might be weird but I just wanted to say I love you and that this is one of the most beautiful things I have ever read.
dreamless96 chapter 1 . 3/26/2013
Type your review here...
brynchilla chapter 1 . 1/30/2013
Please excuse me while I go cry in a corner for, eh, a year or so. Maybe too if there's wi-fi.

Seriously. This was amazing. It's the perfect combination of sadness, angst, horror, action, adventure... Sure, not all the parts jump out & shout "HELLO. I AM ANGST. WOULD YOU LIKE SOME LEMON PIE." But they're still there, subtle yes, but there. Just the way stories should be.

I never thought about it, but Harry, Luna & Neville would be a good group. I'd thought of Harry & Luna, Luna & Neville, heck if Harry & Neville. But I'd never thought of all three of them together. Genius!
blackshadow111 chapter 1 . 1/26/2013
You know, there was no need to waste so many words on this.

'A new dark lord rises after Voldemort's death. Harry and co. run away with their tails between their legs and justify it to themselves with empty excuses. The end.'

See, same story, much less bullshit.
91 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »