Reviews for A Midnight Weary
empressdawn chapter 1 . 2/15/2015
the last few lines of Three are simple and striking and this entire fic is gorgeous.
Cassandra30 chapter 1 . 10/20/2014
Excellent!
jupimako chapter 1 . 10/20/2014
Well done!
Taly-chan chapter 1 . 10/20/2014
I've read this one... three, four times now. And every single time I finish with a lump on my throat and a feeling of hope. It's beautiful. I specially like Ginny, and her hope bit is the point where every time my eyes turn itchy. Love it, again.
fukuyama chapter 1 . 9/20/2014
should we read this as an alternate epilog? I happily will. Thank you.:)
SpreadYourWingsxx chapter 1 . 7/30/2014
Wow
thegirlwhoflies chapter 1 . 4/19/2014
Wow, thanks for giving me something good to read with brill narration after all these searching. :) That was real good.
0ld-girl chapter 1 . 3/10/2014
Very amazing one-shot! I truly adore the style it was written in - it expresses the characters' depths well.
themergitonian chapter 1 . 1/11/2014
A really good story
Eleusinian chapter 1 . 12/16/2013
Six re-reads on, this tale still *does* seem like a happy ending far more plausible-and in many ways, desirable-than the one in canon. I like Harry's choice of romantic partners. I like that Hermione, Ron, & Ginny's strengths remain, even with pieces so obviously broken. I like that you've shown what *intelligent* child-warriors would learn from war. I like what the lessons of grief and pain and horror showed them about a society of long-lived adults who cowered beside their hearths and allowed the same monsters to rampage *twice* in 20 years..who waited for children to rescue them.

Most of all, I like that your heroes have the self-respect and moral integrity to refuse to accede to such behavior.

Rowling's work is for children; her lessons-about courage, about love, about right and wrong-are simple and explicit, without the chiaroscuro they acquire as we mature. But for those of us who read the HP books as adults can spot the gaps, the flaws, the stark black or white shading concealing the subtler tones of courage and love and right and wrong.

Thank you for etching them in truer shades here.
CharmedArtist chapter 1 . 11/20/2013
I have no words :)
dreammyth chapter 1 . 9/26/2013
That was beautiful.
julesdap chapter 1 . 9/4/2013
Oh, my goodness. This was beautiful in a sad sort of way. A perfect mix of poignancy, bitterness, sweetness - it's got such a broken, wistful kind of mood, and I love it. Mostly I don't really like stories where everything just falls apart - tragedies make me cry too much - but I love it.
StormBrisingr chapter 1 . 8/15/2013
Very bittersweet. You really built up the darkness very well up until the end where everything seemed so fresh. You created a great mood too, immensely sad and moving. Great job.
Harm Marie chapter 1 . 7/20/2013