Reviews for A Midnight Weary
somebodykillme chapter 1 . 9/15/2011
wonderfully written. thank you.

Copper Kestrel chapter 1 . 8/9/2011
Oh, this is beautiful. The short snapshots of lives are wonderfully put together, your prose is elegant and precise, and the emotions you convey are spot-on and heart-wrenching. Thank you for writing this.
mannd1068 chapter 1 . 7/12/2011
I liked it, very tru to their character of what they would be like just after the war and with so much on them.
whimsycality chapter 1 . 6/18/2011
Heartbreaking, bittersweet, and beautiful. I love how and who with Harry's found happiness, I love it all.
I'm home chapter 1 . 6/16/2011
Ratus chapter 1 . 6/12/2011
That was one of the best things I have read in a long time. It is just so true on the whole outlook of life after war. Thank you.
AinactiveA chapter 1 . 6/4/2011
Words can not describe how immensely I enjoyed this particular fic. The hard, cold reality of the young heroes lives just after the last battle is so clean and real, it's heartbreaking. I applaud your insight. The coupling I also found to be both brave and profound. Bravo.
TardisIsTheOnlyWayToTravel chapter 1 . 6/2/2011
Excellent. Really.
Arynia chapter 1 . 5/30/2011
You've obviously really improved as a writer. This fic is beautiful, and everyone is both in character and much stronger than canon.
bagofpopcorn chapter 1 . 5/28/2011
This is simply beautiful.
Timme chapter 1 . 5/20/2011
What if all the people who did fight with them and now have to fight this other evil? Forget the sheep, but what of all the other soldiers who refuse to run? After all, all the older order members fought two wars. Harry and his friends are running.

I do like this fic though. Very nice characterizations
squarepancake chapter 1 . 4/25/2011
I enjoy your characterization of Ginny- she's multidimensional and interesting even in just a brief mention. I also thought the utter weariness was well-written for all six.
androidtracker chapter 1 . 4/4/2011
This is one of the best endings i've read. I'd prefer this to the BS that is the books. Very much did enjoy reading this. So full of hope. The wizarding world has only got what's coming to them. Wish there were more fics out there like this one. 10/10!
IndieWrites chapter 1 . 3/31/2011
Beautifully written. I love the flow of progression, the way each event is singular and yet adds such weight to the tale as a whole. Well characterized too. I never thought of the Harry/Neville/Luna pairing, but it works for this storyline. Well done!
Akua chapter 1 . 3/29/2011
Short, and sweet, this story was worth reading. I think the format itself was original, but also with that the story line itself was new. I've never read any one shots that was a post-war like this one, on the eve of another one.

The short snippets were excellent in catching their designated moods with enough information for the reader to connect with what is happening. You incorporated several amazing elements (denial, family, friendship, freedom...) with few words. But the few words and the open interpretation, I believe, helped increase the emotion behind each part.

Very powerful. I loved it, and hopefully this version of Harry Potter's characters will get a happy ending, ne? Amazing job.

93 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »