Reviews for One Small Kindness
jj chapter 19 . 8/13
very nice
BooksandBrownies chapter 19 . 7/15
I think this is my favorite Naruto story, I absolutely adored your characterizations! Of everyone, but Mikoto especially, I always need more badass lady ninjas in my life. I nearly cried when Fugako died, which is impressive because I am Not A Fan of his in general, but dang did you wrong my heart out anyway.
Aramary chapter 19 . 7/14
Amazing. I loved it. Thanks for writing this story.
Aramary chapter 10 . 7/10
The author's note is hilarious, lol. :D I like this chapter, Mikoto and Itachi are working together.
Ztk016 chapter 5 . 4/3
booooring
ddentler21 chapter 19 . 3/9
Hello, firstly even as a designated prequel type of story that I really enjoyed the writing. Also, I'm very glad to see Madara's ass down for the count early on.
Maximum Over-Saiyan chapter 9 . 1/27
Based on how Kakashi and Itachi interacted in the series, I find it doubtful that Kakashi would know that the Uchiha Massacre was staged. Though if it was necessary for the plot, then I guess it doesn't matter
freedomwings26 chapter 19 . 12/30/2016
Literally, one of the best reads of something I never would have intentionally sought for. Might give a bit of a break before I tackle the sequel, but I thoroughly enjoyed this.

Wonderful writing
freedomwings26 chapter 1 . 12/28/2016
DANG. Had no idea what I was getting into when I read the summary. But this, this is good
jamie chapter 19 . 12/25/2016
Okay! So I don't know if you would ever read this review given that this fic is now five years old and all that jazz, but I'd be remiss in my duties as a reader to fail to leave a glowing review on such a fantastic story.

First, heck yeah do I love Mikoto's characterization. I do like the combo of graceful mother with deadly warrior, and it works well here. It's always the fans who do the underdeveloped female characters justice. I love the Naruto series, but Kishimoto seriously fails at writing women well. He can make them as powerful as he pleases, but they rarely are treated as seriously as his favorite male characters and often end up scuttled into supporting roles revolving around the men. I love how your Mikoto takes her very minor supporting role, and expands her into a powerful woman who was forced into that role and used the way people failed to respect her prowess to save her clan and village.

Second, I also love how you wrote Itachi. Yeah, he was totally an incredible genius in canon, but he has still been a young boy at the time of the massacre. I love how he reads very much like the teenager he is, and the way he was self-destructing as he was getting closer and closer to being forced to slaughter his entire family. He comes off as much more human than in canon.

Third, Naruto. He's adorable. Good job of hammering that he has a kind of incredible intelligence that's tempered with his trademark idiocy. It's cute as hell. Also kudos on making him behave the way a real child would without the benefit of a guardian to raise them well. You know, eating like crap, staying up watching TV, absolutely no manners and all that jazz.

Other that characters, I love love LOVE how you tackled the patriarchal nature of the Uchiha clan as well as slightly sexist leanings of the shinobi forces of Konoha as a whole. Typically when a writer tries to do this, it ends up being eye-rollingly dumb and decidedly insulting towards women. Like, I understand that basic canon doesn't treat the girls very well, but Lord above they most certainly are NOT helpless victims in brutal chaunavistic system. Something I wish some writers would remember in their stories is that every damn kunoichi is a trained killer and ought to be respected as such. Even if the system is stacked to favor their male counterparts, the women are no victims and anyone can gain power in that system if they meet the expected standards. Even when they are pushed into traditional roles as Mikoto was, they are still damned capable of killing a man and no amount of time as a housewife and mother could ever change that.

So, yeah, kudos on the excellent story. It really was a pleasure to read.
Paskuda chapter 8 . 11/27/2016
The story is well written, but the constant reminder of sexism is a little tiring. It is literally in every chapter, sometimes even in every other paragraph. While in the canon there is not even a hint of all this business. As sexism is usually going hand in hand with the catholic shite, Japan is luckily spared from it, as well as Naruto world. More logical would be discrimination based on chakra measures and stuff like that.
SapphireSecret chapter 19 . 9/22/2016
Holy character development, Batman! I loved it, I loved it. I Loved It. Thank you for writing this. Wow. I'm impressed.

I loved the complicated relationship between Mikoto and Fugaku. That was probably my favorite aspect of your story. It's easy to paint Fugaku as the bad guy, and boy did he make mistakes, but as his wife, she didn't fight to correct his misconceptions, and under it all they loved their sons and each other, and...goodness. I just loved it. You wrote it so well.

I loved how even among the "bad guys," the pro-coup faction of the clan, that no one was truly a villain (except Madara), but misguided and motivated by love; they thought they were in the right. Fugaku's death scene made me cry ugly tears. You wrote it beautifully, and somehow I didn't expect it to be so visceral. Mikoto's development of the Mangekyou was seamless and like a punch to the chest at the same time. The Tsukuyomi made me squirm.

Your portrayal of sexism in Konoha at large and in the Uchiha clan alone were realistic and interesting.

The chain of events Mikoto meeting Naruto set in motion were logical but made total sense with the original plot. I loved Mikoto's inner voice. This story was effusive and poignant and fascinating.

I had wondered when you wrote Mikoto's jealousy of Tsume if Mikoto would end of as clan leader. I really liked how you went about it with the write-in. I wonder if Mikoto will ever divulge that to Tsume?

My head is full to bursting with thoughts from this. I can hardly think of what to type.

Itachi For Hokage! He's...perfect. Just perfect for the job. I loved how we saw him struggle, grow, and get help, and although he's a friggin' Genius, he's still young and fallable. I want to see Sasuke make it to police chief. What will Naruto want to be? He feels loved and accepted now, so he won't have to scream, wear orange, or become Hokage (believe it!) for that reason. Maybe he would want to be Hokage in his mother's memory...? *squints* Maybe he'll revive those ninja-cooks they had that filler episode about. Ramen chef ninja: Naruto's dream job.

Your Mikoto is officially my favorite. Just. She's feminine and proud and skilled and bloodthirsty and motherly, struggling with her role in life, she feels shame and determination, and. She a person. A learning, living, flawed, but wonderful person. You wrote a middle-aged, retired housewife with two children and made her hardcore! Wow!

Thank you for writing this!
rowyntree33 chapter 19 . 9/21/2016
Loved it, loved it, loved it!
LadyVukavo chapter 10 . 9/17/2016
Awww...you ruined my love of yaoi naruto stories. I didn't know he was homophobic in the show *cries a lake full of anime tear*

lol I didn't know cause I only know Naruto through Fanfiction, I am one of those sad sad fools who cannot stand shows that are comedic due to stupidity and the way the anime show Naruto unfortunately falls under this... not to bad mouth Naruto, I love the story idea and many a fanfiction story about it...

anywaaaaays lol this story is awesome, the plot is great and believable and the author's note at the top of this chapter is priceless lmao
Guest chapter 19 . 9/1/2016
This is really very well done. I love it. I can't wait to read your other works.
1,064 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »