Reviews for Flowers of Antimony
haganenobeato chapter 18 . 4/29
I've been slaughtered with emotions. I can't even. This epilogue was more than I anticipated and the very last few lines are just... divine. I just about cried from the emotion of a well written story. Your sentences pack so much sentiment. I'm in shock. Ah!
haganenobeato chapter 15 . 4/29
This story so far has been an ABSOLUTE treat and I was going to wait until the end of the story to do one big review. But this chapter had so many feels and I just can't help it because of my royai trash heart. You write them so well! it's so tender and understanding and awkward in a way that's theirs. It's so refreshing. Thank you for writing this. I'm so excited to read the rest!
Chi-Chi's Poptart chapter 17 . 4/3
When Fiery had Sheska as a safe, I fist- pumped so hard, I smacked myself in the nose.

Awesome story!
bleeb90 chapter 18 . 2/28
Beautiful, I loved it!
princess-j3ss chapter 18 . 1/19
Okay so I know that this is years after the fact (and I do hope that you see this review) but this series was recommended to me by so many differently people I obviously had to put it on my list of fics to read and ! I was not disappointed. Words can't even describe how much I loved this fic, and how incredible of a writer you are. I got emotional at the end, partly because it was beautifully written and partly because I'm sad it's over (even though I know there are sequels that I will shortly be reading.)
Words can't really describe how I'm feeling, but I decided to make a compilation of my flailing:
-LING NOT BEING INVITED BUT PLANNING TO SHOW UP ANYWAYS that is incredible.
-You equate protection with love ? I’m not okay ?
-Everyone making cracks at Royai #here for this
-ROY BUYING RIZA A GOWN HELP ME I’M WEAK
-Havoc thinking that he would have died for Team Mustang - me: IF YOU KILL HAVOC I SWEAR TO GOD (thanks for not killing Havoc or anyone else my heart wouldn't have survived)
-Al knows he couldn’t save them all but he could try - thAT IS SO AL IM CRYING
-I really really love Kain and I’m so glad he’s playing a part in this story!
-AND I ALSO ! LOVE SHESKA ! I love that she’s included in this too.
-HAIL TO THE KING BABY - me any time I see Roy Mustang tbh HAHA same Havoc. Same.
-The conflict with Ling’s brother was sO INTERESTING even though it wasn’t the main part of this story, it’s so interesting to think about Xing and how everything was going forward with Ling as the Emperor.
-LINGFAN ! GETTING MARRIED ! MESS ME UP ! I love the idea that he had to ask her four times before she accepted because she is so entrenched with her duty but the way he did it was so wonderful hahaha ‘protect me from a broken heart’
-ED'S BACHELOR PARTY HAHAH
-Riza catching the bouquet that was absolutely brilliant oh gosh!
-LAN FAN AND LINGS WEDDING I actually got emotional they just ! Love each other so much and I can’t deal with it.

This captured the flair of the anime so well! It had the funny and serious moments, it was so well paced and well written and just overall incredible. Thank you so much for blessing us all with this.
katsekala chapter 18 . 12/19/2016
What sweet story! Many kisses!
Unconscious Again chapter 18 . 12/17/2016
That was, quite simply, wonderful.

I know there are more stories in this series (and am really psyched to read them!), but even if this were the only one, I would have no complaints. It was sweet, it was hilarious, the ending was incredibly powerful; this story was absolutely lovely.

Thank you for having written this.

Thank you.

UA
OakLeaf chapter 18 . 12/12/2016
Wow, look at all this rain, hahaha. Nope, definitely not crying at this beautiful ending.

But seriously, wow. This fan fic. Wow. It can be so difficult in fan fiction of visual media to really capture the feeling of the show and characters (speaking both as someone who struggles to write fic in those kinds of fandoms, and as someone who has read many, many such fics). But this is just so much like Fullmetal Alchemist. You've got the characterization down pat. I can /hear/ the voices in my head when I read the dialogue. And the story is like something I would expect from the show, and I honestly don't know how to handle that. I can accept this as canon. Like, I would not have been surprised if there was an author's note waiting at the end, where you whipped off your mask and revealed: "Aha! All along, I have been secretly Hiromu Arakawa, and I have decided to present this official continuation of FMA through an entirely different medium in English on this fan fiction site!" I would not have been surprised at all.

I wanted to leave comments as I was reading...but I kinda got swept away, and before I knew it I was done. Ahaha. So, just a few of my favorite things about this here marvelous creation:
-Ling crashing Ed's wedding. He just assumes that he's invited, and parades in with his entourage, causing havoc for an entire country. He's my trash son, and I love him.
-Just that you addressed Ling's siblings (at least two of them). Because when I finished watching FMA:B, I couldn't help wanting to see how the relationship between May and Ling would develop, and also wondering how his 58 other siblings (or however many there are) would react. I love that Ling and May have bonded and become brother and sister in spirit not just blood. And, frick, the attack in Central was intense. I was like 80% sure everyone would be okay, but wow.
-LING PROPOSED THREE TIMES AND LAN FAN SHOT HIM DOWN. AND FINALLY HE PULLS THE "PROTECT ME FROM HEART BREAK" CARD AND SHE CAVES. I can't.
-Okay, moving on from Ling, the Team Mustgang dynamic here is so /good/. I loved them referring to each other by the chess code names. I loved their banter. I loved them spying on their mom and dad-ahem, I mean, superior officers. I loved how happy Rebecca was to included in the #Musgang.
-Grumman, in all of his quirkiness and deception. Especially him drinking water and calling it whiskey, and building up with all those ridiculous ideas, AND WHOOPS HE'S GONNA REPEL THEM ANTI-FRATERNIZATION LAWS AND HE'S 100% SOBER AND SERIOUS. He's the biggest Royai shipper of us all
-Speaking of which, I have read quite a few Royai marriage fics in my time, and they've all been cute and fluffy and what-have-you, but none of them truly struck me as being realistic. I couldn't actually see them happening. And to be frank, I still lean towards the argument that Roy and Riza wouldn't allow themselves that traditional, domestic happiness, not matter how much they might want it. (And like you said...somewhere in this story...their relationship is essential on marriage tier already.) But if they ever were to have an official marriage...this is how it would happen.
-The Wrench Gambit. Oh my word, the Wrench Gambit. I didn't figure out what Winry and Ed were up to until a split second before the bouquet went flying, and I'm impressed. Those clever little snipes. You clever, devious writer, you, for thinking of that. I had to squee into my hands for like five minutes before I could continue reading, because that was the most perfect plot.
-I am not an Almay shipper, but they are so cute here.
-The alchemic terms are a brilliant touch, and fitted each chapter nicely.
-"He did just the opposite - when he added all these people to his life, he added quintessence. He has a fullmetal heart. Quintessence is what makes it beat."

Okay, this turned into a mini-essay. I'm sorry for spamming you with such a long comment. I see that this is the first part of a trilogy, and honestly, this has been so good that I just want to wait and take my time reading the rest and savor it. ...Also, I have a final at 8AM tomorrow, and I really should have been studying for that instead of binging this and spending probably 30 min writing a review. But thank you such much for this incredible fan fic, and for the time I was able to disappear into it.
Beloved Daughter chapter 18 . 8/28/2016
Cute story! I thoroughly enjoyed reading. Thanks for writing and posting.
ajunkboat chapter 18 . 5/11/2016
I just finished re-watching Brotherhood and this really just felt like an extension of the ending, it's such a good epilogue to the series! You write all the characters so well, and your writing style just flows and is so easy to read and the story was perfectly paced, I just really enjoyed reading this.
Thanks for sharing! :)
alqui chapter 18 . 4/27/2016
This was beautiful. When I read the summaryinteresting it wasI thought that it would be action, so I didn't read it. I am so glad I could not find a good FMA fanfic yesterday and decided to read this.
Not Random Writer chapter 6 . 4/19/2016
YES!YES! PRAISE THE LORD!
I have finally found a good FMA fic!
NYKevin chapter 3 . 4/15/2016
I don't know if it's your writing or the wine, but I'm enjoying myself *entirely* too much.
CelestialSolitude chapter 1 . 3/7/2016
Ahhh, reading this fic online for the first time is nice. I read this fic back while my internet was down for a few months, so I couldn't comment on it any. So now I'm re-reading it and giving my thoughts. :)

This fic is brilliant. A combination of poor encounters with other shippers and the first few Royai fics I read damaged my love for the ship to the point where I ended up blacklisting it on tumblr, but this fic pretty much redeemed it in my eye enough to restore it to fave level (I don't do OTPs), remove it from my blacklist, and start reading recommended Royai fics again. It's THAT good. Someday, I hope to be able to write FMA fics with this level of quality. :)

Yeah, I tend to favor present tense when writing FMA fics too. I switch between tenses when writing for other fandoms (in different fics, of course), but whenever I try to write an FMA fic in past tense, it just doesn't come out right, so I always end up rewriting the entire thing in present tense anyway. xD
Guest chapter 18 . 2/19/2016
Heheh... this is an awesome happy ending because it's HAPPY.