Reviews for Escalation
Arshey chapter 13 . 1/15
I would just like to thank you for the wonderful adventure that I've lived through for the last few hours. I admit that I'm not that into the Joker/Scarecrow relationship because it just seems unbelievable, considering the type of people they are. The Joker thinks that the only somewhat significant person in the Universe besides himself is Batman, and Crane is always so detached. However, I loved that Scarecrow and Crane had differing opinions on the Clown Prince. While Scarecrow likes him in his own weird way, and Crane thinks of him as an interesting specimen, it's nice to see their opinions evolving into something more unorthodox.

The conclusion was really well done. The whole time, I wondered why the Joker didn't just finish Crane off. It would be so easy. However, the idea that the Joker was making Crane more chaotic while Crane was trying to deduce his fear... That's so Joker! The Joker is capable of manipulating anyone, and Crane was his new challenge. No wonder he stayed. No wonder he made Scarecrow kiss him. It was a game, and the Joker wanted to manipulate one of Gotham's most detached villains.

I would like to congratulate you on not making your story erotic and physical. I felt the battle was more mental, and them trying to control each other, like it should be. I get frustrated when writers when they make everything so sexual. I was hesitant to read this at first because of the slash, as I thought it would be trashy, like some others, but your writing style is just so captivating, and the Joker is charismatic in his own psychotic way. I was in love with your portrayal of Crane and the Joker. Never stop writing. Seriously, you're talented and dedicated. I can't write for my life.

Anyway, I was wondering. Do you really believe that Scarecrow and Crane are separate personalities? I like to think that they're the same person, only Scarecrow is more gutsy, and Crane is more confident in his mask, where he is free from judgment. I love your writing. Good luck with your future stories!
That70schick09 chapter 5 . 8/17/2012
Ah the giggles won't stop :3 I love the story, so in character and really insightful!
strixx chapter 13 . 10/29/2011
That was very... interesting, to say the least.

All of your stories are fantastically written, and I can't help but want to read more from you.

But to the story at hand, the characters were portrayed so closely, even if Scarecrow has such a contradicting personality.

Great job!
Waruitenshi chapter 13 . 10/22/2011
Lmfao! Wow that was one heck of a wicked fanfic! It kept me laughing and held my interest from start to finish! I can't wait to move on to the next exciting installment you have called "Paradigms"! Also I like how you have Crane and Scarecrow having a sort of duel personality sort of thing. Very fascinating indeed.
Madredeus chapter 12 . 10/13/2011
That clown broke my arm! Scarecrow raged.

'No he hasn't. It's the shoulder.'

He dislocated my shoulder?

*lol* I love that scene! Can't stop laughing. Like this FF of yours. It's really good.
danang1970 chapter 13 . 8/31/2011
Amazing story. So intelligently written and amazingly in-character and fascinating. Clinical and erotic at the same time - a brilliant line to tread. Hope to see more from you in this fandom. Thanks for writing.
Neqa'elis chapter 13 . 8/4/2011
Nice story. I enjoyed reading it. I liked your take on Crane and Joker. You even left it open if you wanted to write a sequel (subtle hint, lol).
mudkiprox chapter 13 . 7/22/2011
Gah! I'm so sorry I took so long to review! I was away and didnt have internet!

I totally loved this story, the character's were IC and you had really interesting idea's about what goes on in their heas. I'm sorry the story is done, but I loved the ending.
Cyberbutterfly chapter 13 . 7/14/2011
Bravo, Bravo! (thunderous applause, standing ovation)

Wow... Just wow...

Okay, in truth, all I really want to do is sulk in my corner and not speak to you for quite a long time... But that's just because I discovered this chapter had the words 'the end' at the bottom.

BUT- because I'm generally a good natured person, and I'm in heightened awe of the complex and dynamic story you've created, I will put my feelings aside and comment.

And... WOW...

You sir, are a master at these characters. You've proven that chapter after chapter... And gave us an ending like no other. From the start this has been a predatory dance, with characters that move and feel as fluidly as the paragraphs you've put them in.

This ending was a perfect cap to that... There is almost a sweet understanding that forms between the two- and I love that you've had BOTH individual effected by the others influence.

This was brought to a head at the exchange of 'gifts'... A scene that was actually pretty tender (considering the people involved)... And yet, somehow you still managed to retain the dark undertones that have been weaved through the whole of the story.

And the way you ended!

'Mayber there was a chance that Crane would actually try to make the headlines again and watch Gotham prostrate itself in abject fear.'

The idea that you've ending with a 'rebirth' of sorts of the Crane character was fantastic... I didn't see it coming, I didn't even know I wanted it... and yet, now that you've written it as such, I can't help but feel that's exactly what the character needed.

This is one of the few stories I can honestly say I'm going to miss reading... It's always put a smile on my face when I checked my messages and found a chapter update for this story- and I'm sad to think that won't happen now.

Please... whatever you do, don't stop writing stories for this universe... You're AMAZING at it, and I'd love to see what other tales your (somewhat devious) mind will come up with! :D

Again... Bravo... An excellent story, written by a truly professional writer.
Lexicon chapter 13 . 7/14/2011
Totally engaging. I'm going to miss it. Thank you for a great read. I look forward to reading more of your stuff. Bravo!
nightangel96 chapter 13 . 7/14/2011
I'm incredibly sad that this story is over because I loved it so much. With that being said, I believe this has been one of the most fascinating experiences and just the type of story that I look for. I hope that you won't stop gracing us with your amazing writing. Thank you for this thought out adventure!

Nightangel96
naioka1992 chapter 12 . 7/1/2011
Fascinating. I love your psychological view of the Joker and Crane/Scarecrow, especially the latter. Everyone has their take on the Joker, but this is the first analysis of Crane I've seen. I definitely like it - the view that Scarecrow is the animalistic side and Crane is the detached, calculating doctor is brilliant, but you manage to keep them 'two halves of the same whole' through Crane's fascination with fear and power, and Scarecrow's ability to rationalise things to Crane. They work very well, and their relationship is very believable. I can definitely picture Crane embracing that he and Scarecrow are two parts of the same person, and their different attitudes to the Joker is brilliant. I could read this all day long!

Your conclusion that the Joker seeks intensity is interesting. I haven't seen that conclusion before - normally people will focus on 'chaos' as their explanation, and not go much beyond that. I do wonder if he would ever 'sub' for anyone, but I'm willing to overlook it purely for the thought processes of Crane when he was 'dom'. The escalation of their relationship, from Joker needing a doctor to the muddled relationship at this point is fascinating. I very much look forward to reading more of this - this story is intelligent, thought-provoking and witty, and I can't get enough of it.
Cyberbutterfly chapter 12 . 6/29/2011
Wow... Like, holy crap WHOA!

Okay... You REALLY up the anti this time!

And i have to say, the dynamics between Crane and Scarecrow were AMAZING in this chapter. I've always liked how you portray them- but their just really visural in this chapter, and that changes the whole 'feel' to them.

What was most striking was the DIFFERENCES you included in the characters. Crane having to explain the medical info to Scarecrow, while trying to calm him- and Scarecrow just wanting to leap in on the offensive.

It was fun to see Crane and Scarecrow play not only off of Joker, but off each other as well.

And JOKER... Dear god... THERE'S the clown we all now and love (um, despise)!

It was great how you made his blade the after-thought... He really didn't need it- it was just a reminder of who wielded the control... Because that's The Joker boiled down into his truest form.

And the end!

"Do you get it?"

I literally got CHILLS when I read that... Stroke of genius, man.

And Crane's answer to it... PERFECTION!

Through the story so far you've weaved a these guys in a dangerous dance... But now we got to see them change the beat- and it was a delightfully dark thing to 'see'.

Please, PLEASE- don't ever stop writing these characters- your too good at them.
yay chapter 12 . 6/27/2011
an update.

this was.

wow.

youre incredible
Lexicon chapter 12 . 6/27/2011
Ohhhh, you have so captured the wonderfully twisted psyches of these characters. The mutual manipulation and conflicting psychoses are interwoven perfectly with the plot. This is simply one of the best Crane/Joker fics I have read. Bravo!