Reviews for The Opening Night Review
TheByronicMan chapter 1 . 3/7/2012
I like it. This is not a fandom that I am intimately familiar with, but there was enough expository text to get me up to speed. The pacing is good, and the descriptions of the costumes and the fight scenes allowed me to visualize them without being overly detailed. There were no grammar, spelling, or vocabulary mistakes that caught my attention. The characters were sufficiently fleshed out for such a short work.

One minor nitpick, something that grates on my nerves but will most likely be overlooked by most readers. It would be a magazine, not a clip. Unless Bruno is wielding a revolver designed to accept moon clips, in which case the clip wouldn't be empty, it would still be holding the empty shells.

As for the cheerful twin's street name, the first thing that popped into my mind was Dazzle. It would fit with her costume, has the requested 2 syllables, and the duo of "Darkling and Dazzle" would be both contrasting and alliterative.
Hamfast Gamgee chapter 1 . 6/5/2011
A well-written tale, I can't find any faults with spelling or grammer so I will concentrate on the plot. I don't know Justice League, but I have seen various versions of Batman though there are now so many it is a bit difficult to work out which version of cannon is which at times! So Batman and Wonder Women married and have two daughters do they? Interesting idea! Is it yours or canon? I wonder if Robin has any children and they can be romantic? No, bad idea possibly :)

I will be honest and say that I liked the first part and the last part best. I did like the quietness of the first chapter and the banter between the men of the last one. But I'm afraid I do find reading fight scenes sometimes a bit dull. One of the reasons is that I nearly always know who is going to win, its the main protagonist. Like what one of your villains said it's no disgrace to loose to Batman everyone has so why can't we hear about a fight from their point of view? You could do that perhaps!

Mind, if those two sisters are as powerful as they look like they are going to be, the villains needen't worry about been teased to losing to a couple of girls. I doubt if they will be the first. Will you be writing more about them it could well make interesting reading! Anyway an enjoyable read and good luck in future writing, Ham.
KJun chapter 1 . 3/12/2011
Actually, I think Bright Star would have worked better. Diana's mother calls her her ";little sun and stars." Diana is the goddess of the moon. Donna is called "little moon and stars" by both her mother and Diana.

Therefore, I can see Diana calling her daughters her little shining stars or something and the girls using that as part if their codenames.