Reviews for The Judgment of Solomon
WaterDeep chapter 15 . 7/6
Hi Pat,
LOVE this story so much. I wish so much you could finish it some time. I know it has been 2011 since you touched it, but it would be so great to know what happens. You did such an above ECELLENT job on this one. The political intrigue was very well woven into the story of family life.
Hope you are well and I hope you get the urge to finish this for us thirsty readers!
bexxe chapter 15 . 5/18
I love this story! I love all your stories. Your writing is excellent. I hope you return and finish this one.
Jenice chapter 15 . 3/21
oh...wow... wish there was more of this!
Jenice chapter 2 . 2/2
lol
Laura 2468 chapter 6 . 1/10
This is a really great story :) I like the picknick
Madeleine chapter 1 . 1/5
Pat I really like this story. It shows so much of the conflict between Sarek and his mother as well as the conflict between Vulcan and the Federation/ humans. I know you probably have a million and one things going on in your life, but I would really like to see how T'Pau, Sarek and Vulcan society figure this out. We see some of it in Home is the Salior, but I would love to see more. I really appreciate your world building and your character development so I will read anything you write. Please update your stories, especially this one, soon.
starfleetdream chapter 8 . 8/10/2015
Love how Sarek caves here... And how much they love each other, regardless of the consequences.
starfleetdream chapter 9 . 8/10/2015
Subor's character is a perfect counterpoint to all of Sarek's insecurities about whether his half-human son will be accepted. In contrast, Subor doesn't question Spock's Vulcan heritage or his place in it, respects how Amanda is raising Spock, and admires her teaching methods. A very IDIC-worthy outlook. Poor Sarek can't do similarly because he's busy opposing his mother's rejection of his family.
starfleetdream chapter 10 . 8/10/2015
Love the interaction amongst the Councilors in this chapter. Senchai is a fantastic (and hilarious) character!
starfleetdream chapter 11 . 8/10/2015
If only Sarek weren't so stubborn about keeping things from Amanda. Why he keeps doing it, I'm not sure, but we know he does, all the way through to 'Journey to Babel.'
starfleetdream chapter 12 . 8/10/2015
I love how Amanda voices DC Fontana's characterization of Sarek, as a tiger...
starfleetdream chapter 14 . 8/10/2015
Tremendous chapter - scary and dramatic! What else could go wrong, and how is this seemingly impossible situation going to be resolved?
starfleetdream chapter 15 . 8/10/2015
Love this story! It sets in motion everything that precipitates the events of Holo1 and beyond. Thank goodness Sailor is complete so we know how things eventually evolve, because the beginnings are so tragic. If/when you have the opportunity to write again, here is one vote to continue this story. The beginnings are so important to the rest of the tale. In addition, there is a great deal to be resolved here, leaving us hanging on a cliff: how do Sarek and T'Pau get past the armageddon they seem to be heading for? What happens to Amanda (we know she survives, but how?) How do she and Sarek resolve their differences over raising Spock? And what does Spock think about all of this? Sarek takes on seemingly impossible odds for the sake of love - even though he doesn't characterize it that way. He succeeded with Amanda, but with Spock it's different. Please let us see what happens!
starfleetdream chapter 5 . 8/10/2015
Your characterization of Spock in this story is very convincing: he's obviously very smart, yet also very much a small child. His behavior and Amanda's joys and challenges with him ring true (spoken as one who has had toddlers of her own). I especially like that, while Spock is at times endearing (and at times the opposite), he's not portrayed in any kind of cutesy, sappy way.
starfleetdream chapter 4 . 8/10/2015
You spin the beginning of this tragic tale so well. Sarek sees his son following in his footsteps. And determines that doing so is in his son's best interests, so he's going to make it happen. What could go wrong?