Reviews for Caught Off Guard
shesinunderland chapter 1 . 11/2/2011
this was really sad :(
Dantelover051386 chapter 1 . 5/16/2011
Hallo,

wow, i really thought that was Edward telling the tale, but it was carlisle. it was edward cheating. **shakes head** i really hate cheating and i for one that has been cheated on personally i understand the pain and anger you feel.

edwards excuse that he wanted something uncomplicated...er...really and as car put he edward was the one that wanted there relationship exclusive and when things got tuff, edward went outside there partnership for easy uncomplicated sex. carlsile almost says in edwards defense that edward is young, like its ok to cheat...hes young and learning, coming into his own skin being a young gay man...i call bullshit. ok, its important to be comfortable in your skin and there are times in ones life where you experiment so to speak with your sexual trysts, but edward was clearly in a exclusive relationship and chose instead of communicating to go outside there partnership bed for uncomplicated sex with a stranger. i'm not saying carlisle should never forgive edward. edward needs to own his mistakes. it was a great read, but personally i dont think i could have fucked or have edward fuck me only minutes after witnessing him cheating and fucking a trick on me. i mean seriously his dick even wrapped was just in someone else...i coudldnt do it even if it was edward and all his glory. i'm not saying i would punish him. more than likely i would leave him. he would have to deal with losing me because of his selfish ways and cheated. i would eventually forgive him, but could i be with him? i really dont know. yes, i would still love him, but there has to be trust to remain in a partnership and edward single handedly destoyed that by cheating. no, i would have showered and packed my shit leaving. what happened after? i do not know. we would more than likely talk and he would more than likely beg for me to come back, but i would definately need time to think and regroup. i would forgive, but certinaly not that easily or quickly for that matter. hell, edawards punishment in it self is enough...he has to learn and live with the fact he lost the love of his life because he cheated. thats punishment enough. the trust he destroyed. thats punishment. no, i couldnt remain in the same house as he. i would have left that night. i would forever love him, but could i ever trust him again...probably not. i know some men and even women cheat. a one time thing. the old sayin once a cheater always a cheater is not true. i know that. theres a hug differnce between cheated and cheating. cheated is a once mistake...cheating is repeating the same act of cheating without caring of whom you are hurting and cheating is doing it with more than one person. so there is a difference. edward cheated with a trick. once time from what it looks like in the tale. i would be more willing to try again with edward if it was just a one time mistake and he truly showed remorse for his actions. atoned for them earnestly. cheating for a long period of time and with more than one person...hell no. i could never, never be with him again or trust him. there might be hope for carlisle and edward in there relationship. carlisle seemed more than willing to forgive him. for me alittle to easily and qucikly given he let edward fuck him mere moments after fucking someone else. its hard to say and every relationship and situation is different. you can guess till your blue in the face what you THINK you would do in those shoes, but you can never fully understand till you ARE in those shoes. i was and it nearly destroyed me. it takes great effort everyday to find the will to continue breathing, but somehow i manage to.

cheers.
FreaKiki chapter 1 . 3/19/2011
This was so amazing! I hope it wins because it was phenomenal! I totally thought the narrator was Edward! So surprised at the end to find out it was Carlisle! LOVED IT!
REMEMBERMRSLCULLEN4EVER chapter 1 . 3/19/2011
I REALLY DIDN'T KNOW WHO WAS TELLING THE STORY. THAT WAS A GREAT TWIST LEAVING IT FOR THE END!

GOOD LUCK IN THE CONTEST,

LCULLEN
tuesdaymidnight chapter 1 . 3/18/2011
I really like the way the POV remained unknown until the ending. Because of the way you characterized the narrator as having some of canon Edward's traits, the tendency would be to read it as Edward being the narrator. I wonder about their age difference and whether or not that was the reason Carlisle forgave so quickly...
ArcadianMaggie chapter 1 . 3/17/2011
Kind of sad, but I enjoyed reading it. Good luck in the contest!
sessahhh chapter 1 . 3/16/2011
For some reason I thought it would be the other way around: Edward as the narrator and Carlisle as the cheater. Interesting. It was well written but I'm not usually alright with blatant cheating. And it sucks that they ended up having sex just moments after being caught. Like it would make everything ok... That seems a bit unrealistic. Still pretty hot as far as shower sex goes but frustrating as an ending. I don't think I'd be so quick to forgive in that situation.

Good luck in the contest!
TippyL chapter 1 . 3/15/2011
Well, crap. I thought for the entire story that it was in EPOV! Nicely done. Very sad, IMO.
OnTheTurningAway chapter 1 . 3/15/2011
That was so sad. I applaud you for showing us both Carlisle and Edward's imperfections, as unpleasant as they might be to read. Thanks for sharing and best of luck in the contest.
lavishone chapter 1 . 3/14/2011
Wow. Carlisle is pretty forgiving...
ChefJayla chapter 1 . 3/13/2011
I'm sorry, but there is no way on God's green Earth that anyone would let themselves be taken so soon after that betrayal... (I enjoyed the writing, just couldn't get past the progression of events) Thank you sharing your story.
JasperLuver48 chapter 1 . 3/12/2011
Wow... what a great way to tell this situation! Loved it!

Xoxo
TKegl chapter 1 . 3/12/2011
Oh, that was sad... and I totally thought it was Edward's POV the whole time! You got me! LoL!

Great job!
Firefly1989 chapter 1 . 3/12/2011
Wow, the few last lines were a real shock for me! I thought it was told in Edward's POV ;) I have to say that I'm kind of surprised Carlisle forgave him.. And I'm a bit anfry with Edward for doing this do him :( But I hope they'll be ok after all :)

Lucy
Chicklette chapter 1 . 3/11/2011
Very, very sad story, yet nicely done. thank you.