Reviews for HD 'Playing Field'
bookworm19065 chapter 1 . 4/18/2011
Nice story, though a little strange
atlantis51 chapter 1 . 3/21/2011
Hmm, strangely different... And may God save Japan. And the World must step UP!
mothlights chapter 1 . 3/12/2011
I should have realized earlier that you were on FFn. Anyway, this is beautifully done... the not quite remembering, the way the short cough and the echo of Harry's glasses are these last glimmers of what they used to be. There's the backdrop of desperate action that took place just before, and it's in contrast with the green and the river and their calm now.

I love that there's hope here, but it's not made so sweet or precious that I can't relate to it.

Some fav lines:

(fingers slipping in the blood on his borrowed wand; one leg crumpling beneath him and hole where half his intestine should've been). He remembers thinking that it was horrid (the mess he'd made of himself)

Er, um. Had actually managed to die on behalf of. How very…embarrassing. Obviously, he'd not been successful.

taste stale coffee on his tongue, smell the smoke from burnt-out fag ends in the ashtray, see the circle of tired faces poring over—poring over…something

"Um…yes, Potter," Draco was certain Harry was joking. Of course he was a Wizard! The Wizard! "Don't faff about, alright?

When he'd been breathing…when he'd been actively attempting to keep Potter in that same state and failing miserably.

Maybe not Heaven, but absolutely not Hell. Potter was here, and they were (quite literally) on the same side
bleachTHEsky chapter 1 . 3/12/2011
This was a refreshing read. I enjoyed the writing style, and also the fact that Harry and Draco had difficulty remembering anything but each other...

A big thanks for posting, and remember, guys, text 'REDCROSS' to 90999 to donate $10 directly to the Japan Relief Effort.
Lillythemarshmellowqueen chapter 1 . 3/12/2011