Reviews for Intransient
Cuzosu chapter 2 . 7/15/2012
Interesting... A different twist, though I like it. Lovely long chapters, reasonably well edited (I'm a perfectionist, I apologize; I'm probably nitpicking again), with wonderful phrasing.
Though I think, so far, it's the plot that's intriguing me the most. :P
Definitely looking forward to reading more!
May the words just flow,
Cuzosu
SuseCutesy89 chapter 2 . 10/12/2011
great story so far. i hope you continue it soon.
NoLongerActive11111 chapter 2 . 6/13/2011
I was looking forward to this new chapter and finally got a whole free day to do some reading. And of course I anticipate a rather pleasurable experience. Your language and imagery are always on the highest level...

Already, an excellent scene opener, which sets the mood perfectly... *A flickering flame crowning a blackening wick melting wax down a silver holder made the shadows separate and loom in corners, scraggly arms reaching in futility to encircle and engulf the room in black silk.*

I also loved the reference to queen Mab, but that's not alltogether unexpected from someone who likes Shakespeare as much as you do.

The ordeal you describe next is quite mysterious and beautiful. The rational vs. the irrational and of course, for someone like Sephiroth unaccepted. Or hard to accept at least. The imagery is again very symbolic - of withering, dying, of fright deeply lodged inside, which is at times so irrational and not explainable. Reminds me of Poe a LOT.

Sephiroth and interaction women, of course, it was perfect. Tifa's reaction to cold does raise interesting questions. We'll see how close I am to guessing. And this fits Sephiroth perfectly: " Not at all a religious man, it did not prevent him from thinking that had he been born utterly detached from society, would he have believed in god and all questions shall be answered by their name – a being too grand they are unimaginable under human ideology?"

Sephiroth never strikes as a religious person because he is too independent and he seeks his own answers, unwilling to accept they are beneath his understanding or outside his reach. With his determination, it is what makes me dangerous. In an AU it I believe fits him the most.

The ending offered an interesting twist as well as recurring topics of ravens. You kept the atmosphere nicely throughout. And I am looking forward to more! Really great chapter.

Yours,

Nephilim

PS. Hmm, I would not call it OOC. Maybe, a bit too poetic, but as always sharp-witted and sarcastic.
Kellie chapter 2 . 6/12/2011
Well I just read these two chapters and I must say that this AU and plot line seems very intriguing. It's definitely not something I have seen on this site before, very creative. I hope you are able to update soon because I would love to see where you're going with this.
invisible kid Jr chapter 1 . 3/16/2011
Dear Twiggy boredom,

I'm so honored to read such a great work. You have a bright future ahead of 't you dare underestimate your talent, I see a promising young writer and I sincerely believe that you will be a great novelist, putting enough time and energy into writing.

Just keep writing and improving.

Yours sincerely,

The invisible kid
NoLongerActive11111 chapter 1 . 3/12/2011
I will be honest here... this is so far the best piece you wrote. I enjoy it thoroughly, moreover, you impressed me with your writing style so much. I must admit - it's purely classical in the most pure sense of all and so poetic. I can close my eyes and imagine the details which flow into my mind so well. Don't ever say your mood died.

The mood is very gothic, much like Edgar Poe, I dare say. The house, the mystery tied to it and the family; the scenery, which seems to live its own life. The fragility of life, the theme of which suits Genesis so much. The mood of doom, of disease, it's in almost every chosen word and image. You manage to grasp one of the fundamentals of writing so well - show, not tell. I would say something about a lethal disease was going to pop up even if not for your A/N.

A few images stood out for me in their vividness and how befitting they were:

*Midst the disarray lay a sparrow with its breast split and through its ribcage poked the head of a rat, body protruding through the feathery back.*

And then there is the very beginning: "Had I a book, I would read. Had I a pen, I would write. Had I a song, I would sing. Had I a knife, I would kill."

For a young Genesis, this is so perfect, I can feel it.

And I enjoyed Sephiroth's characterization; in AU it is hard to do, but you did so well. (yes, coming from obsessed me!)

It will be a shame if you never publish your book, I can tell you that; or ever give up on writing career (which Annushka told me you might). I will be the first one to discourage you from ever abandoning to write, however slowly.

Do continue!

Yours truly,

Nephilim Rising.

PS. Don't push yourself too hard. :) Your health is also very very important!
hypnoticaa chapter 1 . 3/12/2011
Weeell, there is always Cloud, he will look good knitting and peeling potatoes and wearing dresses, but Tifa is a nice chose too :)

Sheesh, this story sounds intriguing, I'm starving for more!