Reviews for Better the Devil You Know
psychology nerd chapter 24 . 3/10
Great ending to a great storyI really enjoyed this chapter as well as the entire story. Great job! Now soon I'll be onto The Wave of Darkness . . . I can't wait to see what horrors await my favorite couple next.
psychology nerd chapter 23 . 3/10
I'm glad they're going to be okayof course, I figured they would be as there's another story after this. I can't wait to see how it ends, so I'm onto the next one . . .
psychology nerd chapter 22 . 3/10
Another great chapter. Poor TK. hopefully the damage didn't leave too much permanent damage. Mostly as far as permanent damage, I worry about his arm. I guess I'll find out soon
psychology nerd chapter 21 . 3/10
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that's TK's bloodHopefully it looks worse than what it actually is and that TK will still be able to protect Kari. Anyway, nice jobI'm looking forward to reading the rest of this battle!
psychology nerd chapter 20 . 3/10
I was a bit surprised TK was so willing to let Kari and Gatomon fight alongside them, though Kari did make good points. I'm definitely curious to see how the next battle goes down. Nice job!
psychology nerd chapter 19 . 2/17
wow, I can't believe TK and Kari gave up their secret to Davis so easily. I wonder how long he'll be able to keep it. Anyway, this chapter had a few sweet scenes between the younger digidestined which was nice to read. And of course, more takari momentsNice job.
psychology nerd chapter 18 . 12/9/2016
Will Davis ever learn? I'm gonna go out on a limb and say probably not. He deserved TK's wrath. anyway, great chapter
psychology nerd chapter 17 . 10/30/2016
Davis, Davis, Davis . . . Good may come from his actions, but still . . . If Neodevimon doesn't kill him, TK might lol. And awww Patamon and Gatomon kissed. Love it. I don't think I've ever read a digimon story where the digimon fall in love, so it's kind of refreshing. Anyway, great chapter
psychology nerd chapter 16 . 10/29/2016
Another great chapterHopefully they get the fight over with soon and no one gets seriously hurt, or at least not killed . . .
psychology nerd chapter 15 . 9/25/2016
Another great chapterI'm glad to see no one was seriously hurt and they're all taken care of.
psychology nerd chapter 14 . 9/7/2016
Another great chapterToo bad TK made Kari leave or else they might have actually won since it didn't seem like Neodevimon was in a hurry to leave while they were there.
psychology nerd chapter 13 . 9/6/2016
Uh oh . . . I hope Matt is going to be okay, and the others. It was interesting to see only Gatomon and Patamon were able to digivolve in the zone of darkness, but it makes sense. Anyway nice chapter
psychology nerd chapter 12 . 8/27/2016
another great chapterI don't have much to say and just want to move onto the next one so I'm just going to do that
psychology nerd chapter 11 . 8/25/2016
Poor TK can't catch a break. Anyway, great chapteronto the next one . . .
Ultimateblack chapter 24 . 8/13/2016
As promised, here's a final long review regarding the story as a whole.

When you started this story, it was obvious you wanted to make a plain shipfic for Takari. It's a pleasing read for fans of that couple, but less so for people like me who are looking for a good adventure story. It's not bad at all, you've gotten the hang of the interactions and expressions. Your descriptions are immersive, and I'm sure it's a pleasant story for fans.

However, this story suffers from a lot of problems, including plot, characterisation and personalities, usage of the characters and villains. Like I said, the plot is basically TK being the ultimate hero, going against an old foe who was resurrected without much explanation. Now I wouldn't have much of a problem if Devimon's return was the main focus of the plot and his actions are threatening the Digital World, thus the Digidestined have to fight their once feared enemy to restore peace. No, it's TK going against the devil with Magnaangemon who SOMEHOW manages to hold his own and even defeat Neodevimon FOUR times without suffering any casualties. I mentioned in a previous review that the kids all had problems dealing with Daemon Corps as a GROUP, but this story seems to have forgotten that.

Next up is the characters. I'll be blunt that they're absolutely bland. I know the focus of the story is on TK and Kari but that is not reason not to put effort into making the side characters uninteresting. Seriously, all of the Digidestined were merely present for the sake of being present, and at stereotyped as well. Izzy was turned into a radar system, Cody/Sora/Mimi/Joe were absent almost throughout, Tai and Matt were just there to be caring older brothers, Yolei and Ken did nothing to help the plot at all, and like or not Davis was the only one who spiced things up. All of their dialogue also consisted of teasing, worrying, reassuring, refusing to let TK go alone and approval of their relationship. What this story desperately needed was some interaction between TK and Kari and the other Digidestined, or at least they had to do something other than what you gave us readers. I wanted to see Yolei and Ken nerd out with Izzy, Cody providing useful insight to their next actions, Sora and Mimi and Joe supporting in ways they know how. Matt and Tai being badass brothers with their Digimon (I don't get why they didn't be strict and decisive about helping given their digimon are the strongest on the Team) and seriously, Imperialdramon should have come out to bust some ass.

Finally, the villain. This is one of the worst villains I have ever seen, a disgrace to his prior form. As an evil Lord who returned from the dead, he did nothing other than sending ONLY TWO waves of easily curbstomped minions after the Digidestined, then sat on his throne waiting for TK to challenge him. Nothing? Not even trying to dominate the Digital World? Not sending any agents to try and tear the Digidestined apart? No conquest to spread darkness? No complicated plan to weaken the Digidestined? No attempt to destroy the Real World by whispering dark thoughts into the ears of humans? No traps and backups just in case everyone decides to attack and he goes up against 3 megas? Then he turns tail and flees after three or four unsuccessful combat attempts with Magnaangemon.

Seriously? Again, SERIOUSLY?

Now that I have pointed out these jarring flaws in this story, I hope you understand why I feel really frustrated when going through it. I swear with all my heart that I'm not trying to insult you and your work, but I'd be lying to you and myself if I gave you short reviews like 'I like this, good chapter'. I don't hate it, and I'm not being harsh because it's Takari based, but I have a firm belief that even I can enjoy a story that features the couple I don't like, as long as it is written well. This story needs A LOT of work and That's all from me, I'll look into Wave of Darkness soon and I sincerely hope that it is a major upgrade from this prequel.