Reviews for The Marriage of True Minds
Amon chapter 26 . 7/11
I got mixed feelings for this story, so far. It's beautifully written, and I'm astonished by its depth (I hate to compare, but other "forced bond" fics are often bland and boring). However, I'm not sure I like the direction it's taking. I'm sick of the Malfoys. Your aim was obviously different from my perception when you chose to flesh them out the way you did, but this "let's (not so) subtly harass Harry into accepting the bond and falling hopelessly for Draco" thing they do is the worst part of your story so far. The "Harry is annoyed by Draco, Harry fights back Draco, Harry gets tired of fighting Draco, Harry resigns and yields to Draco" narrative is stale and hollow, and your story really seems to start following that now. I get that the way the bond influences them needs to be taken into account, but this choice you make to NOT show us Draco's struggles is bad, imho. The idea that he doesn't struggle with the bond that much because of pureblood views and whatnot is kinda fallacious. He was on his way to marry Astoria when the whole thing happened, and the ease with which he turned his back on her is unrealistic, even when factoring in what Draco saw as an attempt to "control" him. This fic looks like it'll fall into the pattern most HPDM fics fall into, where Harry spends half the story rotating between denial and anxiety, and tries to fight but gets exhausted into loving Draco who, weirdly enough, never faces any real difficulty in his quest for Harry.

I'll read this one till the end because I hate cutting fics short and your stories are fantastic to read, but it feels weird to see that even you can fall in cliché territory when it comes to HPDM slash.
jeannie kaulitz chapter 26 . 7/1
i never thought that draco can be this frustrating
FlXEDSTAR chapter 50 . 6/19
I love how the relationship progressed and ends. Good fic.
unfittingpuzzlepieces chapter 50 . 5/11
this is a great story! my fav part is how Draco handles Harrys boundaries and the way he would never think about them as boundaries anymore. And, as always, Narcissa.
blueblurmagic chapter 9 . 4/30
in chapter 8

what the fuck harry what do you mean you guys aren't family you little shit
blueblurmagic chapter 8 . 4/30
aww. Family doesn't leave Family
blueblurmagic chapter 3 . 4/30
no one wants to hear how astoria makes your body thrum, draco
Wow this is amazing! Love it. Kinda sad we didn't get to meet thw babies but I'll live. But wow I loved it .
MissMJS chapter 50 . 2/7
Holy shit, this was amazing!
So much angst, but we've already established I'm a weirdo, so I'll skip to the part where I say it's horrifically beautiful, as are all the stories with a tortured Harry are. Damn. This is gonna stick with me for a while, just like it possed all my thoughts from chapter one till the end.
Wonderful piece of work
AnyankaEllie chapter 50 . 12/31/2016
I was so happy with this story, it really got me ) thanks a lot.
Kris chapter 3 . 9/17/2016
Ah, this chapter explains it in part. Could this practice be the source of some blood feuds?
Kris chapter 2 . 9/17/2016
Slightly confused. I understand how Lucius could force Draco into marriage, but how can he force Harry? Harry isn't someone he has control over as he is not a member of his family. I understand that the rings make it official, however if Lucius can force the rings on Harry, couldn't he, or any patriarch of a family, force any member of another family to marry their son/daughter?
lunatique san chapter 50 . 8/18/2016
it was awesome thank you
Tidk chapter 50 . 5/22/2016
Damn. I just read from 12am to 1pm the mext day with a 3hr break for sleep. It was that good. Now the real question: how am i gonna get to school tommorow with the sleep deprivation?
senseandsensibility chapter 50 . 2/7/2016
BRAVO! Once again, you have captured all of my attention and free time. Loved the story progression, the character development, and the plot. I don't usually enjoy the "forced bond," but you made it work so well! You are extremely talented and I love your writing. I know I can always depend on you to update when you say you will too. keep them coming! You're AMAZING!
1,720 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »