Reviews for Promises to Keep
Nate-Mihael chapter 14 . 3/28
Good story _ characters are very in-charachter, and Iroh is a very nice balance between tea-lovin kookiness and retired badass (and seeing as Iroh is my favorite character, thats so much win XD)!

Liked the slow pace too, its quite the mark of skill to have a story that doesnt move fast, yet is by no means slow or uninteresting.

Criticism: lazy authoring abound. I am not refering to that you only mention events in passing, though that is a bit vexing, but what I really mean is that this story follows canon. You change all sorts of variables (Katara's attitude of Zuko, Zuko's perception of the War and of Aang, and Zuko and Iroh's relationship) but events still proceed as they did in canon. Thats not only unrealistic, but your plot is losing inventiveness quickly. Both are a pity, as your writing style is lovely and your use of characters is amazing.

(for the record: please let Zuko's crew be alive and well. I'd like to see the crew meet the Gaang and Zuko&Iroh simultaniously and the crew's like 'Honey!' to Katara, rest of Gaang is like 'whut?' That'll show Sokka! XD)
NatNicole chapter 11 . 3/20
Holy guacamoly, this fic is AWESOME! Everything makes perfect sense, and I'm impressed.

And I can't wait to see how Zuko will react when Sokka goes to him and says: "I'll bash you with my club for making my baby sister cry!" Hilarious!
callalily32 chapter 14 . 3/12
awe. good chapter. :) Zuko is such a wonderful character to write!
ebonypol chapter 14 . 3/11
Loving it
Totally great story! Very well written! I love it! Why don't you continue it? Don't leave your readers hanging in an unfinished story wondering what's going to happen. Keep going!
SnowCharms chapter 14 . 3/6
I really do pity Zuko, to be trampled again and again despite all his efforts, and Iroh too. I hope their luck turns around soon.
Silent.Storm chapter 14 . 3/1
Well this story was a great return to the Airbender fandom for me.

I was just thinking to look for a nice piece of zutara to read after a very long while away from Airbender stories and I stumbled into this.

I've read the whole thing in one sitting, I kid you not. It was worth every minute of it, mostly because it feels like the relationship is natural and it exists despite their allegiance, while still staying true to what that allegiance means. All that without resorting to contrived plot devices that ultimately ensure that both Zuko and Katara are both on the same page and working happily together. That is truly deserving of praise, after some of the things I've tried to read (that ended up chasing me out of the fandom for a while).

Take as long as you need to, to make the end result a quality work worthy of what you've already written! Even if everybody ends up being only friends or outright enemies (though I hope not) I think the most important thing is keeping the flow of the story as natural as you have done thus far.

Congratulations! Here's waiting for the next instalment :)
too-much-inspiration chapter 14 . 2/25
I look forward to seeing the further spread of the ripples that have already started. I also like your reasoning for many of the canon events, as they do a good job of filling a lot of the canon plot holes floating about. Thank you for writing and posting this!
green-jedi chapter 14 . 2/20
I'm really enjoying this! What a great, fun story. I really like how you humanize the Fire Nation and make them so much more reasonable as a whole than their crazy leadership. I also like how you're playing the dynamic you introduced between Katara and Zukp in light of the canon. It's really nice and well-paced. I can't wait to read more! :)
kitkatthecat chapter 14 . 2/7
I like this what-if scenario, I can't wait to see what else changes because of one little, seemingly, small detail. Looking forward to your next update.
Shortyjordy52 chapter 12 . 1/30
Chapter twelve is by far my favorite chapter so far! I don't normally leave reviews, but I just finished that chapter and it's too good... :) please update soon! I don't want to wait hahaha
Zutara22 chapter 14 . 1/18
I'm so happy you are back! I always love Promises to Keep, and chapter 14 was no exception. Thank you for returning, and I wish you the best of luck in life and with writing!
Hope to read more from you soon!
-Zutara22!
Fireborn101 chapter 14 . 1/7
When I saw that you had posted this I was really happy. I love your stories.
This chapter was fantastic. You have a real gift for finding the bits that don't quite make sense and fixing them so they do. Like the part with the Ostrich horse, Zuko never stuck me as some who would steal something so valuable for no reason other then to travel faster. Even if he was so inclined Iroh wouldn't let him. But giving the reason of Azula harming Song and her mother was genius! Now that you pointed it out, stealing their Ostrich horse was actually pretty harmless in the grand scheme of their life.
Lunatique chapter 14 . 1/5
Interesting exploration of the canon transition to Book 2, with the AU elements mostly seeming to show themselves in Katara's and Zuko's thoughts about each other. I could have done without past perfect tense ("had been" "had done" etc.) taking up almost a third of the chapter or the number of italicized feelings, though. I prefer to see Zuko act happy, depressed etc. than be told what he's feeling. Sorry to hear you're so busy and tired, I hope it lets up soon!
Aiedail4eva chapter 14 . 1/3
I'm really liking this story, and I can't wait to see what happens in "The Chase" and in "The Crossroads of Destiny!" I love your writing style, and I love the effort you put into this story! I have thoroughly enjoyed it so far, and I wish you luck in writing. :) Thank you for sharing such a wonderful story!