Reviews for Promises to Keep
Spirits in the Sky chapter 18 . 6/24
Oh, what a place to end! It's so crazy to see how one little thing affected the story so much. I wonder what Zuko will choose!
Brokenangelsely chapter 18 . 6/6
Wow...you made the scene between Zuko and Katara a lot more significant. I love how you filled up some curious plot holes from the series adding your own mix to the story due to the changed events... You have made this 10 times more interesting than it was. It's been a while since this has been updated but please do continue. I can't see this end here. I really hope to read more!
Brokenangelsely chapter 13 . 6/4
Wow this chapter was so good. I had to pause from reading because I was crying just in that part of realization that Zukos crew was involved in that battle. I cannot believe I am almost sobbing. The end of this chapter hit me hard.
Brokenangelsely chapter 9 . 6/4
Okay so I started reading this a few days ago and I am hooked! It also helps that I'm rewarding the show. I can't stop reading. The build up of Kataras friendsip with Zuko is lovely. I also like how to crew starts accepting her. Its so fun to see how everything goes from this point on. I'm excited!
Rein chapter 18 . 5/3
That was amazing!
The portrayal of what happened at the Zutara cave was great.
Zuko's character change made total sense. For a while there I also thought something went wrong in his head but he just wants his uncle to be happy. In the series I always got angry at Zuko cause he doesn't appreciate his uncle enough.
The cliffhanger hit me hard, great job! Now I'll always think of the what-ifs of Zuko's choice.
Was Aang jealous? I think he was. But even though they're still in the friendship stage... Zutara for the win please!
I hope you update soon cause that cliffhanger is painful! But I'll do my best to patiently wait cause your story is that awesome! D
tvrox23 chapter 18 . 4/29
OMG what a place to leave off! I can't figure out which side he is going to choose but I'm hoping so hard that Katara's words got to him enough so Azulas don't! Ugggghhhh I can't wait for the next chapter of this beautiful story! GAH!
konggodamera chapter 18 . 4/21
I'm going to put in my two cents and say that I REALLY hope you don't shunt Zuko off to the Fire Nation for your version of Season 3. You have a chance to have a significantly different Season 3 by putting Zuko on the "Gaang" for it. While having him with the Fire Nation would certainly be dramatically interesting, I feel creatively, it is not, since it's precisely what happens in the show, with extra angst because it would be a much more personal betrayal.
Plus, I just want to see how these variations of Zuko and Katara interact with each other and the rest of the group full-time.
oceanberserker chapter 18 . 4/2
You simply CANNOT follow canon from this point, I don't mean to tell you how to write your story, but after that moment Zuko and Katara had, it would be nigh impossible for him to reconcile with after a betrayal like that if Zuko goes through with it. I agree that Iroh needs to be put on the spot for essentially dropping a MOUNTAIN sized anvil of a choice like that on him AND for leading Zuko on like he's been in the way that he's been doing so, but not like this. It would be and feel all kinds of WRONG at this point. That's my two cents and I hope it has some weight with you. If not, I did what I could and it's YOUR story, I can advise, offer constructive criticism, etc. But the choice is ultimately yours. Take care and stay safe
Boogum chapter 18 . 4/1
Loved this chapter! You handled the catacombs scene well. The emotions were raw and real, and I could really feel Zuko's pain. Katara did a good job of getting him to accept what his father did, but I wonder if it will be enough. I hope so, as I really want Zuko and Iroh to join them.

I'll be looking forward to the next chapter.
Pseudonymous Zealot chapter 18 . 3/23
So good! I hope he stays with the Gaang after all the bonding and (almost) friendship with Katara!
morriganfreeman chapter 1 . 3/1
I love this story! It's really well done and isn't rushed like a lot of shipping fics. My OTP is Zuko/Happiness so I really enjoy reading any pairing or friendship fic that gives him the support he needs. I was glad to see Katara telling him the truth about how horrible Ozai treated him. I spent a good portion of the series wanting to tell him similar things.

Unfortunately, I don't think things are going to go so well for him in the next few chapters. I can't wait to find out what you do with the Crossroads of Destiny twist.
QueenDarua chapter 18 . 2/28
Please please please update soon! This is one of the best storisles I have ever read and I really want to see all your changes!
Megan1339 chapter 18 . 2/3
Please, please update! Your entering the more fast paced, complex part of the series. I really want to see your changes!
dragonfly1339 chapter 18 . 2/2
Geez I love this story in the worse way. Your character interactions are wonderful and very realistic, in my humble opinion. I look forward to your next installment!.
P.S- read read this story in one sitting, I liked it that much.
Awesome story so far, one of the best in my opinion!
Please keep up the good work and update soon, too many good stories end up on hiatus :(
Interesting twist in the crystal cave conversation, by the way. Tough it was clear it would be different, I did not think she would be able to convince him so thoroughly. Then again, it was a matter of knowing what to say and how, and that Agni Kai scroll was a big help.
Looking forward to the next chapter!