Reviews for the old man of the desert
Sophia the Scribe chapter 1 . 4/16/2016
This story is such a hauntingly beautiful take on Obi-Wan. Very good job!
Blessings,
Sophia the Scribe
Ms. S chapter 1 . 10/23/2015
Very well written. The imagery leaps from the page. I wish it was longer. Great job.
Book girl fan chapter 1 . 4/2/2013
Poor Obi Wan.
SongoftheDarquePhoenix chapter 1 . 7/8/2012
I don't care what you say in your profile, this is a fantastic piece and beautifully executed. You characterization is FAR from spotty- I would go so far as to say spot on. ObiWan is a complex character and this very well illustrates the dichotomy between "Old Ben" and Master Kenobi.
ParamoreXO chapter 1 . 11/7/2011
I always felt that your stories deserve more reviews.

Beautifully crafted, the closure hope offers through this piece gives me shivers. This is a story told many times, a saga that I've rewatched on a myriad of occasions. Yet, with your own flair splashed into it, I felt like the tale of Obi-wan "Ben" Kenobi was revealed for the very first time. You have talent. That much is apparent.

Fantastic story, keep up the beautiful work!
thesunwillshineclear chapter 1 . 7/11/2011
This was such a moving piece of work that followed on Tatooine, a job well done. :)
Whitetree-Nimloth chapter 1 . 5/2/2011
That last line gives a new meaning to the title 'A New Hope' for that part of the saga.
Anne Camp aka Obi-quiet chapter 1 . 3/21/2011
Except for that last part (which wasn't like the show, but rather better I think), I found this to be a supurb "bridging" story. Fabulous insight, good pace, nice characterization. Faving.
ibelieveintruelove chapter 1 . 3/13/2011
A wonderful story! It perfectly captures Obi-Wan's transition and his time on Tatooine. Wonderful job :)
PadawannaB chapter 1 . 3/13/2011
Painfully beautiful story. I love the glimpses of different times, different places, things we didn't see in the movies. Makes me cry...

Wonderful!
Cylor chapter 1 . 3/12/2011
Very interesting explanation for why the Sand People were so terrified of Obi-Wan. It makes perfect sense and I'm somewhat embarrassed to have never picked up on it myself, as many times as I've watched all six movies.

On that note, since you mentioned that you don't have Episode IV on hand for detailed reference, the only real inconsistency is in the final scene. Obi-Wan had stayed with the droids at the scene of the Jawa massacre while Luke raced home to find Owen and Beru's charred corpses, and he was still there when Luke came back.

Another very small observation about the scene where Obi-Wan found Luke and the droids after they'd been attacked by the Tuskans, but it really doesn't impact this particular story and is something that few people pick up on anyway, so (for all I know) you could easily have omitted it on purpose: in the movie, if you watch Obi-Wan's reaction VERY closely when he looks up from checking on Luke, he *recognizes* R2-D2.

Nice work.
Bil chapter 1 . 3/12/2011
Very very cool. I love the snippets you show of Obi Wan's life on Tatooine. The interactions were great, Owen's trying to protect Luke, Luke's first impression of 'crazy' Ben. I really enjoyed this. Thanks for writing!
Hijokugei chapter 1 . 3/12/2011
Ah, the good old "ncfan surrealist disturbia". Interesting when applied to Star Wars.
Scfilover chapter 1 . 3/12/2011
Wow...you capture the transformation from Obi-Wan to Ben and back very well. It's believable it could have happened this way.