Reviews for Chasing Thunderstorms
Gwen Cal chapter 9 . 1/27
Wow, this is just so amazing. I even thought of Hiccup and the gang being , I know I'm a little far too late to read this but I really love your work. Keep up the great job.
HiccupHaddockIII chapter 2 . 1/26
And I find myself rereading this story for the fourth time! This is a classic. A legend.
AngelFires chapter 29 . 1/22
I think the scene, where the relationship between father and son is severed was a bit rushed and underdeveloped. When Stoic (Gerard) says "you're not my son", it's really heavy in the movie. The dragons are their enemies, they're at war with them and Hiccup befriends one. I think the scene would have played out better if you had incorporated some wild animal attacks throughout the story and if Gerard was actually directly involved with them (e.g. as sheriff). Plus in the movie Hiccup tries so hard to prove himself to his dad that when Stoic finally says "you're not my son" it's like being hit by a brick wall. Although the scene was good I don't think that particular line fits.
Grandtheftfandom chapter 41 . 1/20
Well, not really sure how I feel about leaving a review on a story that's almost a year done, not even sure how I ended up on this fiction, I was just browsing around and happened to click it, after that three days and I've read it all and I'm left with a warm fuzzy feeling, but that's not how the story effected me, I'm happy that I read it, I laughed, got sort of sad (I'm way to manly to cry.) I worried and I enjoyed it, but all of that pales in the light of the feeling complete hope I have for my own future, I'm a nineteen year old amputee, lost my leg in an explosion just before Christmas last year, I can't recall a moment so just shattering in my life, I was angry for weeks, the prosthetic feels stupid, clunky and it hurts, dear god it hurts, while all of that still exists, just a little glimpse of something to change the perspective was wonderful, I mean, I'm alive, I'm still breathing when realistically I was close enough to be killed, but I can breath, I can move and in a month I'll be able to walk again! Just knowing that, even if this story is something made up, it can happen, love exists and it's not limited to two legged people, as much as my brain would love to convince me otherwise, is just so relieving I can't express it properly. I can't even find the right words to start. But I hope my legitimate thanks is enough.

Sorry this was so long (And kinda depressing, I feel like I should crack a joke or something.), this was a really great story :)

Grand
TidePoolAngel chapter 31 . 1/13
Stock/Astrid does feel like a bromance...
do not doubt the donuts chapter 5 . 1/13
this is WONDEROUS AND AMAZING AND FANTASTIC AND YES 4 WOLVES AND UGH STOIC/GERARD AND YO ASTRID M8 CHILL. love it, in other words.
MershedPerderders chapter 1 . 12/27/2015
I always just assumed this was an AU about motorbike racing whenever I scrolled past and was really suprised to find it wasn't. I'm not sure how I got that message but whatever. I think the story is good so far but cross country isn't particularly interesting in my opinion :P
KAnders4198 chapter 1 . 12/26/2015
Finally a cross country runner. I'm a runner and this is sounding pretty accurate. 20 minutes for a 5k is really good.
Separate Entity chapter 5 . 12/21/2015
I really enjoy how you write Astrid paychoanalyzing herself. Granted, it makes my chest twinge a rather bit that she has such a low sense of self-worth, but you write her thought process very interestingly.
Man, that was protracted.
Guest chapter 42 . 12/9/2015
I was reading some other fanfic somewhere else with the word 'thunderstorms' in the title but I only got a paragraph in before my head was already here. It was going, "hey, remember that amazing httyd fic you read however long ago? Do you reckon you could still find it?" So here I am: once again trying to decide if I can actually say I like this version less than the actual movie. Thank you so much for this. It's perfect.
Novafyre chapter 41 . 11/26/2015
Just change some names, and you could make this into a book. I would buy it.
Novafyre chapter 36 . 11/26/2015
Finally. It was a little unexpected with the kiss, but it was good. Now I feel all happy inside. I almost squealed like a girl when it happened.
windsonic5 chapter 42 . 11/17/2015
It's been a while since I finished reading Chasing Thunderstorms, but I needed to write a review to tell both author and new readers how muchas I liked this story.
It was going to be the second HTTYD fanfic I read, and I have to say I asked myself if the modern time setting would fit the story. To say it short: mountain-sized yes.
What I liked the most was your amazing ability to portrait the characters's minds and feelings, so it's very easy to picture them as real people. It's amazing how you depicted both Hiccup and Astrid, and (pseudo-spoiler) the process of them realising they love each other is amazing, my favorite chapters, I have to say.
Also, those references. I don't know if it's more right to say they are wonderfully clear or wonderfully subtle. All of them made me smile at least.
Its pace is quite good too: not too fast, not too slow, always keeping the right pace at the right moment.
I liked the lightning metaphors, too. They are not that common, but they tie the title to the story.
Well, in short, this story got to my feelings, the feelings of an almost 20 years old old-man-to-be, and kept me captive until the end. Highly recommended to anyone who likes great stories, great character development and a great example on how an unlikely setting can end up as a brilliant story on the right hands.
Thank you for writing.
Revliledpembroke chapter 22 . 11/14/2015
Hey, I was looking through your story here and I came across the bill trying to keep dangerous breeds out of shelters. Now, I'm no Constitutional expert, but I'm pretty sure a bill that would be equivalent of keeping veterans out of homeless shelters because vets have combat training and thus should not receive help is silly. What right does the government have to tell private citizens what kind of animals they can and cannot save? Yeah...maybe it's just my conservative leaning gut reaction, but that bill would likely be challenged and declared unconstitutional fairly quickly. I know I'm missing the point and that it happened for drama's sake, but I still feel the government would have no legal right to do that. Look at the big cat sanctuaries that exist, run by private citizens, for example. Good story though. Be better if you had Astrid realize her terrible relationship with Scott a lot sooner. (Sorry, I have a habit of ribbing people good-naturedly. Looks like I can't even keep it out of a review)
charlie.t1234 chapter 41 . 11/4/2015
what a fantastic story and a lovely ending to the story, although gotta say not sure about astrid and hiccup meeting her dad, i personally wouldn't of been able to do that. sorry for the break between reviews, life getting in the way
3,146 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »