Reviews for True Colors
Weaselredhair chapter 41 . 3/21
draco is skilled in dark magic it's in his blood. his aunt is bellatrix lestrange.
long live marshmallows chapter 16 . 10/12/2014
I just have one question. I don't think this one will be answered so I'm just going to ask it here: why did this quotecause such an extreme reaction to them?: "He was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities. The chastisement of our peace was upon him, and by his stripes we are healed." I don't mean to be disrespectful or anything but I don't really understand. Sorry.
long live marshmallows chapter 1 . 10/12/2014
I read the companion story to this one a while ago and I'm finally reading this one xD I like it. Especially the part with the child and the teenage versions of himself.
lead me to salvation chapter 41 . 8/2/2014
I've just read this, and I'm completely stunned. I love it. I love the fact that Draco finally turns away and changes, and I love Asteria since she's only ever mentioned in the briefest of terms in the Deathly Hallows epilogue, and words cannot describe how much I love this story. You're a very effortless writer - your style is very clean and clear - and I like it very, very much. Bravo!
Hats.96 chapter 41 . 1/5/2013
Mahhh (unintelligent noise of pure excitement or whatever) another phenomenal story! I love Draco oh dear...and Asteria! You had me smiling, laughing, sighing (out of happiness and frustration) and sobbing...your writing truly is exceptional. Although I am feeling a little confused now...why did Asteria visit Lucius? And why does she say she'll return and the like...?

Also I loved how you added muggle culture and religion to this...it gave it more depth and reality...

Love it, please continue writing!

Hats
N.R.P chapter 42 . 12/30/2012
I don't think I can properly express my love of this story. It is both beautifully written and incredibly believable to the point where I believe this will become a part of my new head cannon.

I came across this story on the Harry potter shipping confessions tumblr I recently found. It was on a post a while back which mentioned two fics and, having read and enjoyed the other one mentioned, I decided to give this one a go. I will never be able to thank the poster enough.

One think that appeals to me about Draco and Astoria is that it's a blank state of sorts for the readers to craft and I enjoy seeing different takes on it. This is definitely my favourite.

Your ability to blend religion into the story without preaching was amazing and added a whole new layer to the story and the war. The increased parallels with world war two offered a fascinating perspective I'd never really considered too much before.

Long story short; epic read, going right on the favourites list. Now to check out your other stuff.
lizzpercush chapter 42 . 11/7/2012
This is wonderful. I'm so glad I stumbled across your story, and I loved you portrayal of Asteria. You are a much braver writer than I.
ShinobiTessa chapter 41 . 10/13/2012
I know you probably wrote this story ages ago, but I have to say it. It's people like you that make me remember how much I like Drastoria. It's people like you that make me proud of doing so. The only tiny thing, though I'm sure you must've heard it already, want to say is that it's 'Astoria', not 'Asteria', at least, according to the HP wikia. (Not that it's annoying to read or anything, I just wanted to clue you in :D)
In any case, I'd like to thank you for writing this. It makes me wonder if you're going to write an sequel for this. I'd read it, for sure. :D

I do have an account, I'm just too lazy to log in :P
Well then, I suppose this could count as a review for True Colors Deleted Scenes as well. (I like it that you didn't make Daphne a heartless bitch like most people seemed to do. Oh, and don't get me started on Neville/Hannah. I love them so much! XD)

ShinobiTessa.
Flousche chapter 42 . 9/1/2012
That was really nice. I enjoyed that very much. Thank you.
TrisakAminawn chapter 16 . 5/8/2012
Jewish Christians. Okay, frankly I consider that in bad taste, like you're trying to get Holocaust privileges without seriously attempting Jewish characters. I knew something was off as soon as she pulled out the whichever-gospel-that-was, and the Isaiah didn't really help, given the verse you chose you didn't even have anything to do with forgiveness.

...I also find the chances of the purebloods, and Draco specifically, knowing the correct terminology for the whole sordid business, let alone how to recognize the signs and distinction, very low. Based on 'fellytone,' etc. If it's not part of their world, these people don't know it. Ooooooh, persecutory atheist Dark Lord, and yet everyone knows the story and can tell a Jew and a Christian apart?

Anyway, I can't read this anymore. It's not even a matter of being offended, it's just clear the text is going to warp itself around this religious persecution fantasy and Asteria as the increasingly less believable avatar of religiosity in the Hogwarts context. It hadn't even occurred to me to vet her for Mary Sue traits, and yet suddenly in this chapter with her pixie-resembling and attention-drawing and ideology-pushing she resembled one. "I suggest you learn why it frightens them so?" Seriously? That isn't how it works.

Speaking as a history major with a focus on religion in society, this story is mountingly unrealistic, and says a great deal more about the Christian martyrdom culture than it does about anything else.
TrisakAminawn chapter 15 . 5/8/2012
Do Jews say 'Bible?' None of the ones I grew up with would have, but then the Jewish community in England is small, and the population of wizarding Jews must be vanishingly so, so it would be an odd, left-handed Judaism even if it weren't, to borrow the Shi'i term, under taqiyah.

This is a peculiar sort of story. Whenever WWII comes in, you seem to start trying too hard and everything becomes awkwardly stilted, and Grindelwald hasn't come up at all, which is strictly odd since wizarding Britain thinks of the second world war as the Grindelwald War, which Albus Dumbledore personally ended.

...can you even imagine if someone had personally ended the actual WWII? Good lord. I just gave myself a new perspective on Dumbledore and his adoring public.

The absence of any teachers apart from the Carrows, with cameos by Snape and one from Slughorn (I quite enjoyed that section, and your depiction of Slughorn's reaction-I wonder if he was thinking of Tom?) is really strange, too. I mean, they're still studying Tranfigurations and Charms and things, are McGonagall and Flitwick doing nothing to subvert the regime besides, presumably, not assign detention?
TrisakAminawn chapter 3 . 5/8/2012
So very few Jews in England. An island nation is capable of much more thorough and long-lasting expulsions than France for example ever managed, so fifteenth century has it. They always just flowed back into France, but then the kings needed them. And it's not as if Britain were taking refugees after the War, but they /do/ exist. Is Frieda one of the child-evacuees, that got sent to England the way English children were sent into the countryside? And this story has all these Holocaust resistance subtext things that in this chapter abruptly turned into very nearly text.

...frankly throwing in the smuggling system and the Judaism in the same chapter was rather heavyhanded, I think, but having them both in the same story is good sense. I mean, there could even be imitation in the organization of the network. Although wizard transport /must/ mean it's easier to sneak people away...except their surveillance is also absurdly good. Ugh. Panopticon hell.

I wouldn't expect religion to be a major offense in Voldemort's England, unless of course there actually was a pureblood tradition of atheism or animism or something that didn't prevent Draco Malfoy from celebrating Christmas. But I guess they could adopt the apparent default secularism of the magical world as a standard and treat overt religiosity as a sign of Muggle sympathies. Hmm.

Nice setup. Slight AU where Draco has a spine? I'm for it. I don't care for canon Draco at all and never did, but fans have produced such a crop of lovely interesting Dracos that I'm quite attached to the species. O.o I thought her name was Astoria, but what do I know?
Covered in Bruises chapter 35 . 3/13/2012
Neither his mother nor Draco ever worked for the Order. In fact Draco was working for the Death Eaters in the Room of Requirement right before the end of the battle.
JoStone chapter 42 . 10/16/2011
:D
the immortal fish chapter 42 . 10/16/2011
PLEASE do a chapter of Hogwarts Blog II? For meeeee?