Reviews for The Dawning of the Day
Eclaireur chapter 1 . 11/23/2012
I hate it when a story makes me cry! Very moving. The part at the end when Billy says good bye to Littlejohn and when Doc tells them he'll see them again, how sad. Good story though, like Halftrack said "very realistic".
Now, even though you just killed off all but two members of the squad, you still need to bring them all back and write more. I'll be waiting!
Halftrack chapter 1 . 7/14/2012
I so envy the way you write. As I read I can visualize the characters as they move through the story. The descriptions are dead on. Kirby's ever-present hope to land some female companionship. Saunders' "stiff warning". I can see the blue stare pointing directly at William G. The crowd in the little bar. Love it all. Except the ending. Though realistic, I hate to see the squad broken up. I have a very bad feeling that Hanley is not the only casualty in your story.

If I may borrow a line from "Oliver Twist"..."More please".
callih chapter 1 . 3/31/2011
excellent story, well written and perfect character analysis but we are all stunned that Hanley got whacked. Caje must be your favorite soldier guy. You write him exceedingly well. I'm glad he got some relief from the horrors of war and Gabrielle seemed a perfect match for him. You killed hanley? haha. I'm still reeling from the blow. Seriously, I enjoyed reading very much! Loved Saunders line about letting the guys rot in the brig if they got into trouble..as if he would! Well, maybe Kirby.
Kate K chapter 1 . 3/21/2011
Another excellent story from you! I love how you write the guys, especially Caje-you really bring the characters to life, so to speak.

But you killed Hanley! Noooo! You can't do that-all the guys have to make it out of the war-isn't it a tv rule or something?

Anyway, glad to see another wonderful story from you-keep up the good work!
cma1 chapter 1 . 3/12/2011
Holy Crap. You killed off Hanley?

Good story!
Cruelest Sea chapter 1 . 3/12/2011
A beautifully written and tragic story. I love the flawless blending of war and a moment of romance in the midst of all.

Thank you for such a lovely story...always wonderful to see something new appear in this category.:)