Reviews for Snip
kirius george chapter 1 . 8/4/2014
... CUTE. OH GOSH. That's all I could think. That was fantastic; you almost made me cry when Rapunzel started talking about Eugene dying. If you haven't already, I think a fanfic about the dinner conversation would be amazing... Please and thank you!
infiniteconstellations chapter 1 . 7/13/2014
Teehee, my name is Rebecca. :) This story was so adorable, their moments while he was snipping her hair, oh god, SOO FLUFFY AND CUTE! The Queen is so cute, I could see Rapunzel doing this to her future daughter. Scaring her daughter's "boyfriend" (since they're not officially dating yet even though he died for her...) with the threat of her husband/Eugene. SOO CUTE!
Fluff-is-awesome chapter 1 . 6/12/2014
Wow. This is exceptionally good. Most satisfying thing I've read so far in the Tangled fandom. Every word was perfect, absolutely beautiful. I wish I could explain how I feel more clearly this is wonderful, thank you!
ThankGodForJLaw chapter 1 . 3/16/2014
Loved it, just loved it and need a sequel.
LunaEchoWillow chapter 1 . 12/16/2013
cute.
Kuann chapter 1 . 12/10/2013
I liked this! I tend to read "cute" fiction of this sort, and I have to say I wasn't disappointed! I think sometimes Flynn/Eugene was written as a bit of a softie in this piece, moreso than I think is accurate to his character. As an example, he gets rather teary-eyed when Rapunzel tells him that she never hated him for cutting her hair. I don't think the "real" Eugene would behave *quite* that way. However, I think this is just an opinion difference between the two of us, as Eugene's emotions were important for the flow of conversation in this story and this seemed to be a conscious decision on your part. That aside, I think Rapunzel was spot-on and I like the way you characterized Rebecca.

As for the premise, I think Eugene giving Rapunzel a haircut was perfect. On-theme with the movie (the whole hair thing), and it gives them time to converse. All good things there.

I think your style also has merit. Your sentences are, for the most part, clean and not bloated with adjectives and other unnecessary things. There is a flow to your writing that allows the reader to get lost in the story. I think there are a few sentences that don't need to be there (mostly those that describe the character's emotions). I say that because the characters' emotions are pretty plain in the way you write them, which is a good thing. Just be aware of that in the future; you write well enough that there are some things you don't need to explicitly state.

Overall, a very enjoyable short story. Job well done!
Little Gem Magnolia chapter 1 . 12/9/2013
Very cute.
PianoMan5 chapter 1 . 11/29/2013
Pretty awesome story. So was Rapunzel sitting on Eugene's lap, both of them facing the same direction during that entire thing? I just wondered how they were positioned when he kissed her...
Kmdarkside chapter 1 . 3/10/2013
I don't usually read this type of thing (you know, repunzel and disney princesses(unless you count princess leia ;))) but this was cute and definatly worth the read. :)
Softballa13tondalayo chapter 1 . 2/24/2013
XD
Meiyo no Ko chapter 1 . 1/24/2013
Adorable. It was absolutely adorable, and I loved it. Keep up the good work, 'kay? (_)
Guest chapter 1 . 11/5/2012
Squeeeeeee! Omg, that's adorable! You just made me, a very formal writer, squee in a review. Congratulations!
Phosphorescent chapter 1 . 8/24/2012
Very sweet and in-character; thanks for sharing this with us!
natural-blue-26 chapter 1 . 2/15/2012
"He shook his head and smiled affectionately. He was going to have to tell her later that she probably shouldn't be sitting in his lap.

At least not in public.

He shook his head again, but this time not in an endearing way. The king was definitely going to have him hanged at this rate… and it won't be for stealing something."

Awwwww. 3

The voices in this piece were all wonderful! And I like how you took an area fandom tends to wank about- him cutting her hair somehow taking away from her own agency even though she just spent 98% of the movie rescueing *him* etc- and smoothed over/explain the issues that people like to (wait for it) get *Tangled* up over, as opposed to just enjoying the narrative.

(Originally saw this rec'd at het_reccers on livejournal, if you weren't aware that people have been singing your praises.)
ShakNali chapter 1 . 2/14/2012
This is absolutely wonderful! You hit the personalities right on the nail. I love that she does not want anyone else to cut her hair. I bet that is something they will keep forever.

And yes, "Rebecca" does suit the Queen very well.