Reviews for Gibbs's Return
caligo-lux chapter 2 . 3/20
hmmm okay first i like the premisse of your story and the father/son bonding...What i can't get behind is that Tony gets steadily alivated in the story
first He is emotionally above, than through his character(who is so strong because he suffered soooooo much) , then his education, then his overall IQ.
Thats the perfect make up for a mary sue...and i really dont like how you ignored indepth character development for tim and kate and just painted them as jealous children. Not to mention that its highly unlikely that Gibbs and Shepard have no idea what happens on the streets seeing how they also have to deal with murders o_O

maybe you should reread and rewrite it with a more believable character base.
lmill123 chapter 2 . 9/13/2014
I have read this story several times and I love it more each time. This is what I would have loved to have seen in the show, especially to Vance when he told Tony he was despensible. It's clear that the writers have no idea just what street cops go through and can see on a daily basis. That is one reason I have come to like Criminal Minds over NCIS the last few years, because it really shows what some people are capable of. Clearly the writers have no idea why there is such a huge suside rate nor burn out for cops compared to federal agents. It use to be standard procedure for cop shows to have a consultant to made sure that they stay within the bounds that are acceptable
Rose Malmaison chapter 2 . 8/12/2014
It seems as though you are using the shooting as a soapbox to tout Tony's IQ and earned degrees...only there is something vital missing here.
First of all, who shot Tony? Where is the investigation, the -reason- for the blame on Kate and Tim? Did I miss something?
Then, Tony is a great investigator, but by allowing his people to do whatever they want and to trample all over him, he proves himself to be a terrible leader. Plus nobody with Kate and McGee's kind of attitude would remain in the job for one day if they were that out of control. Why, you even mention they purposely leave info off a report?
As far as the actual writing goes (typos!) the lack of dialog between the characters drags this down. One-on-one talk gives a story the intimacy and emotional impact a reader desires. I hope you consider these comments helpful - I enjoyed reading your story and liked the idea, just thought you missed some opportunities there.
Kagome Avalon chapter 2 . 6/27/2013
You forgot about when he worked in Phillidelphia.
Deleted18 chapter 2 . 2/13/2013
Awesome!
DinozzosGibbsbabe chapter 1 . 12/25/2012
I love your stories and your one of my favorite writers, there is one thing I find however very confusing, I find some that are based on when Gibbs was in Mexico and comes back has Kate in them when it was in fact Ziva who was on the team as Kate is dead like in this story. It might be confusing to others as well and just a note, maybe put in there somewhere as notes that kate is still alive or someting like that.
I am a writer I write NCIS and Supernatural mostly but I don't like Ziva and have kept kate alive in her (Ziva place) so I make a mention of it in my summary or at the end of a chapter so that way its easy to understand.
Anyways so enjoy this story, nicely done. Happy Holidays.
MelodyPotterSnape chapter 2 . 9/16/2012
I always prefered Kate to Ziva but I have to admit she had the same "beneath me" personality. She just hid it better and I think started seeing Tony instead of "frat boy" towards the end. I really like this fic and How you dealed with Kate and Tony.
DawnoftheNutter chapter 1 . 6/11/2012
No offense, but I don't care for the heavy-handed bashing of McGee or Todd. Don't mind discipline, but it doesn't seem like Gibbs at all. :\
HeartsDragon chapter 2 . 9/25/2011
Fantastic story!

Love Tony and Gibbs _
Washington-Jones chapter 2 . 7/31/2011
The ending is awesome, even if it is sad that Kate and tim didn't have time to apologize.

You're definitely my master !
Washington-Jones chapter 1 . 7/31/2011
I love it so much!

This is perfect (Kate is alive) and, honestly, I had never ever dream about a fiction like this !
Madances chapter 2 . 7/30/2011
Thank you. Tracy
NickTonyK chapter 2 . 7/29/2011
Great chapter! Wish there was more!
Meilea2010 chapter 2 . 7/29/2011
Glad that Tony has survived despite how those two treated him. Most importantly, I'm glad that Sheppard has fired those two. They deserve it.
Meilea2010 chapter 1 . 7/29/2011
Fantastic start. Really enjoyed it. Figures Todd and McGee were being SOB's. Thought that I had reviewed this when it was first posted. Guess not.