Reviews for Just a Drop in the Bucket
Mendai Decovrii chapter 1 . 3/7/2014
Well, I could never leave someone in need ;)
I really enjoyed this. It wasn't super emotional or anything - no bawling, or giggling, or anything like that. But it was thought provoking, which is just as good. I'd never really thought about the fact that Sam didn't just miss a whole year (?) of his life, he missed a year of Dean's life - all the changes that came over Dean during that time were completely lost on Sam. And you did a good job of drawing that out. And also picturing Dean's self-loathing, dealing with Gwen, drinking, etc. Nicely done!
iamtryN chapter 1 . 6/1/2011
poor Dean! Thanks for sharing!
ccase13 chapter 1 . 4/27/2011
I like this one. Dean's lack of reaction to killing Gwen bothered me too. Thanks for writing for us.
Nana56 chapter 1 . 3/17/2011
Yeah, Sam's right...Dean's not a killer. Not in the sense he's thinking he is. Sure he kills, but only when necessary. It's just his nature to feel responsible...he thinks he has to save everyone. :(

Enjoyed this very much. :)
Moika chapter 1 . 3/14/2011
Really good! I have been bothered by Dean's lack of reaction to killing Gwen. He has been in a bad place most of this season. Are you going to continue this story?
casammy chapter 1 . 3/13/2011
I believe that I affect gwen's death to dean but not in major scale, it was not really connected to gwen and dean has the full hands supporting s sammy to except for that while the wall could be ruined sam is very vulnerable and I think that for the first dean he is sammy, second and third party and demas, included gwen's death is secondary, and where this is demonstrated is when dean intervenes between sam and samuel for whom dean considers can hurt sammy, this scene for my is the important more, dean is again the hunter and big bro
7kstar chapter 1 . 3/13/2011
I liked this. I admit I'm getting tired of depressed dean though. I want to go back to the fun of hunting. I miss that. I kind of am mad that we were led to believe that was what was going to happen in season six.

And I agree Gwen was the only one you did like. They made us hate the rest. Its a shame because the boys could use more friends.

Nice points for both Sam and Dean.
Jester's Tear82 chapter 1 . 3/13/2011
Your view of how Dean sees himself is very true (and sad :(

& I loved seeing him through Sam's eyes, as the caring person he really is rather than a killer. When I can picture a story being translated into an actual scene in an episode, that's my indication of a talented writer, and that's what you've done here, so THANK YOU!
Vanessa Sgroi chapter 1 . 3/13/2011
Aw, this was just great. I really feel for Dean and can see I'm being down on himself like this. And honestly, I feel bad for Sam too because he doesn't really know what's gone on and, therefore, is at a loss for how to help.
gaelicspirit chapter 1 . 3/13/2011
*smiles at you*

It's good to see that even when those who created him seem to have lost sight of who their hero is, those who love him haven't.

Thanks for filling in a gap.
DeansBabyBird chapter 1 . 3/13/2011
Hiya.

Interesting. I hadn't really thought that Dean felt Gwen was different/ better? than the other 'family' but it was a nice exploration of that

I am relieved that you had Sam want to help Dean, it's nice to have good Sam back.

DeansBabyBird
Ainaof chapter 1 . 3/13/2011
Very nice work! The whole episode was very bothersome to me, on many levels - and what you address here with Dean was one of them. I love the way you explore Dean's feelings about what he is or what he's become. They really are pushing the whole "I'm a killer" agenda hard this season, and I agree with you, that just doesn't really fit Dean because of how much he cares about human life.

The understated and subtle way you show how much this is bothering Dean (drinking two bottles and still being sober? Only Dean) was clever work. I much prefer showing rather than telling in my stories. Great little details like that help make the story so much more.

Thanks!
Guest chapter 1 . 3/13/2011
Wonderful! I absolutely loved this! Thanks for sharing! :)
Noelani618 chapter 1 . 3/12/2011
This is just...wow, fantastic! And fits the episode perfectly.

Dean really has changed and the hope has just been sucked out of him, moreso this season then before. He can forgive his loved ones, always has, but he never seems to be able to forgive himself. ( And it doesn't help that Bobby and Cas both shut Dean down earlier in the season when he was worried about Sam. Cas does have the war in heaven to contend with, but he's not exactly forthcoming in telling Dean and Sam what's really going on so they can't help. He prefers to go behind their back. Okay, ranting done. Sorry about that.

This really is a great piece and personally I think its a perfect look at where both brothers are right now. Thanks for sharing!
sylia91 chapter 1 . 3/12/2011
Dean has always had an almost endless capacity to forgive others before himself and especially anyone he loved. Sam and John are both prime examples. Dean's sense of self worth is seriously skewed but he never seemed to question that what they did was worth while. He may at times felt the sacrifices were more than Sam should make but not himself. I'm glad the last few episodes showed Sam championing Dean and what they do for their own sakes not as a means to drive an agenda. Dean needs that kind of boost. I seriously don't know how the man is not insane after the past few years. Dean's speech about family and forgiveness in this episode though were spot on and gave me chills since they really struck a chord. Lovely fic. I hope you have a follow up planned where Sam can carry out the dreaded chick flick that Dean obviously needs, heh.