Reviews for Whatever Happened to the Dreamers?
bingblot chapter 1 . 4/10
I really love this story. It was such a perfect way of following Castle and Kate through the years and how they became who they are in the show and why they somehow work so well together.
Alexandroslemort chapter 1 . 10/2/2011
The only reason I'm just reading this now is that the "Author of 74 stories" under your username is a bit intimidating to want to comb through. Anyway, I just want to say that this is beautiful.

It's like listening to great music/ song. Though this doesn't have a punch-in-the-gut impact like Jacques Brel's live "Dans La Ports d'Amsterdam" video, it has the slow tug of Sting's "The Windmills of Your Mind."

You made me really really want a sequel, though I feel as though you've already given me a gift just with this. But you made me want to know more about your Rick Castle. You gave him a dimension and a different kind of depth that other writers have touched on but never really explored. You've opened a window to a view, and now, I want to not only see the whole picture but eperience the magic of the place itself.

Maybe you'd want to do follow-up? Whatever happened to their dreams? And I know its already beautiful, where you've left it; but maybe if you feel inspired to add to this story again, because i feel this is the start of something really awesome.

Thank you for the beautiful story.
Mark C chapter 1 . 5/15/2011
An excellent story.

I really enjoyed the change of POVs at the beginning between Beckett and Castle. It was nice to see them as they progressed through their lives right on up to the time they met. Very well done.

After that, you got to see them thinking of the other and how they thought about the possibility of a more than friends relationship especially towards the end. They will figure it out eventually and when that happens it will no longer be a dream.

Great job.
Daughter of Nature chapter 1 . 3/28/2011
Aww, this is lovely. I especially liked little Kate fighting purple dragons, it was so cute! :)
corlando chapter 1 . 3/14/2011
This was a beautifully written piece about how are dynamic duo lost their power to dream and how they are slowly finding it again. I loved little Kate fighting dragons. Castle's breakup with Kyra is exactly the affect I imagined it having on him. And then how slowly but surely these two are beginning to believe in one another. Perhaps they will allow their inner dreamers to flourish. Great to see you writing for Castle again. So glad to have you back.
Frogster chapter 1 . 3/14/2011
That was good! Liked how it traced them from their childhoods to now. Liked the lady knight episode with Kate. So cute! Liked the English teacher bit too, since that's what I want to become.

And I love the ending :D

Write more soon! Glad to see you're making a foray into Castle fics.
Bren Williams chapter 1 . 3/14/2011
Lovely job. Especially like the way you closed it.
Jayce Gish chapter 1 . 3/13/2011
This was very nice, something unexpected and wonderfully told. My favorite section was Rick recounting after Kira had left him. Great insight into the Castle mind, not to mention into the mind of a man in his early 20's. Overall, very original, very true to the characters' natures, and I, for one, am a romantic who loves pieces that end with a tone of optimism. Thanks for sharing this.
Nathan fan chapter 1 . 3/13/2011
It's wonderful to have you back, writing, in the Castle world! I was so excited to see your name! This piece is an incredible journey from childhood to present day, and all in the context of being a dreamer. I love how your vignettes reflected the times in both characters' lives when they were dreamers and when they fell into darkness. Then, there's the element of hope that the dreamers have returned and will make it work. Such a satisfying journey! There was one line in particular that really resonated with me in terms of where we see Castle and Kate right now in the show. You said, "She was starting to expect Castle to be permanent." That's a wonderful insight! As always, I love your writing and hope that your muse is back in the groove :)
I'm Widget chapter 1 . 3/13/2011
Aw, this is really good. Their dream can work. I know it can. ; )
macisgate chapter 1 . 3/13/2011
That was so beautiful! Lovely piece.
Westfriesland chapter 1 . 3/13/2011
You've made me a dreamer again, at least for a few days anyhow.

Lovely story...
RGoodfellow64 chapter 1 . 3/13/2011
This is a very nice story, and you have captured the feelings that run underneath the scenes with Beckett and Castle. I liked it a lot.