Reviews for Music Has Charms
rollwithbutter chapter 1 . 8/31/2012
That was sweet, which is rare for a Mitchell anything, so thank you. Giving the poor guy a break from all the misery :)
Tiser chapter 1 . 3/20/2012
I loved this! I remember seeing the sax in his room and wondering about it. Great description of his room.
UBEAPPY2 chapter 1 . 1/24/2012
Another engaging tale by WhiteHare! Wish I could snuggle up with Mitchell and watch Midsomer Murders...enjoyed it very much!
toniannmh chapter 1 . 7/3/2011
I was hoping tha he wold have been better at it given the time he's had but I think you have got a better fix on how Mitchell would have done.
Laspettra chapter 1 . 4/25/2011
I sympathise with Annie about the recorder! (same thing happened to me - and I was terrible at rounders!)

Superb writing, Caranfin. I love all the little details, especially as Mitchell inspects the records in the shop. The fic is so wonderfully composed, the elements so beautifully woven together.

I loved:

"And did you kill all of them?"

"Annie..." his eyes pleaded with her not to go there.

Annie, being direct. Mitchell being ... well, Mitchell really. And so you have him - absolutely perfect. Loved the details about the way Herrick controlled Mitchell, the way Mitchell willingly submitted to him. So sad, without being remotely treacly-sad. Just beautifully poignant, his long, long life, and all the things he's seen, and left behind. Loved his accent changing when he talked about his family.

xx
cry you mercy chapter 1 . 3/15/2011
I love your way with the English language )

That is all.

Except that's mean, and this story deserves better than that. Unfortunately, it's hard to explain. I just adore the ways you've worded things; I opened this story thinking it probably would be ALL RIGHT, like most BH FF out there. Not anything amazing. And then I was reading the first paragraph going "GOLD! I've struck GOLD!"

Thanks muy mucho for this x
Ruby Rosetta Red chapter 1 . 3/13/2011
Absolutely beautiful as always, i adore how you write, which you know by now. I love the comment about his accent. I can imagine that would be very true in his case.

You know, watching season two last week, i noticed that he had a few instruments in his room and i wondered why so this is a nice story.

I believe Aidan can play, he's strumming a guitar in 'Hattie', playing a tune or some kind.