Reviews for Harry Potter and The Phoenix Burning
Heart chapter 3 . 6/30
Okay. The parents are giving off a "perfect" air. *shudder* James is rude. The mom let's him walk over her. Ugh. Wooooow. Sharing a parent look because Harry has manners. Oy
Heart chapter 2 . 6/30
Interesting. Did spot a Harold in there tho
mab70 chapter 20 . 6/22
Really lovely story! I love the Harry and Remus interactions. And the changes to Snape and Malfoy! It would be great if they stick.
Interested to see were this goes next!
Thank you for sharing your talent!
ProfessorPedant chapter 17 . 5/14
Nice chapter. I like the idea of the cure and the limitations on it. Harry setting up the charity is a good thing too.
ProfessorPedant chapter 14 . 5/14
Nice fight scene and good interaction with Voldy.

Why did the spell choice seem very simple? Impedimenta and stupefy? If Harry is willing to show off 4th & 5th year spells, why not use some more damaging ones. After the MoM battle, he seemed comfortable using reducto, diffindo, and other harmful spells. Why not this time?

And why is Crouch Minister? In canon he was head of the DMLE, with Bagnold as Minister at least by the end of the war. Did you decide that he was Minister first then lost an election and was replaced by Bagnold? Or is this more alternate history?

Enjoying the ripples of his presence in the story. I wonder if LV’s attack on Sirius (they would care more about that than about Harry I would think) will turn Walburga away from the DE’s and towards a different political stance. If only Harry could let Riddle’s true parentage become known, it might change many people’s minds about the Dark Lord.

Also…were satstumas available/popular in 1970’s Scotland? I don’t remember having them until I lived in Japan, but my wife finds them in the US now.
gginsc chapter 16 . 5/14
Harry seems a bit immature. I know he died at 17, but come on! Didn't he learn anything in those 17 years! He has become the hope for the Slytherins. I hope he can live up to the hype.
ProfessorPedant chapter 10 . 5/14
Nice moments with Belby. I had seen the rabies/lycanthropy connection in at least one other fic, but never the Pasteur cure.

I am still concerned that Harry seems to be acting closer to this physical age than his years of experience. You might mention somewhere that his lack of hormones are impacting his behavior, maybe even mention his lack of libedo.
ProfessorPedant chapter 5 . 5/14
I am enjoying the story and the setup.
Two concerns. First is that Harry is mentally seventeen and a veteran of the second war. I am not sure he would have stood and let Voldy attack him in the first chapter. Even without his own wand I think he would have tried to run or fight. But you may have been showing how profound the shock of time travel was.

Also he will not identify with the other first years very well. He knows the academic content and has a much more mature perspective. You are showing him as more mature, but not pointing out how immature the firsties seem to him.

Finally I wonder how James, a spoiled, only child will really react to having a new kid come in a take his parents attention, especially if the parents say “Why can’t you be more like Harry?” I expect conflict between them, though it may be lessened if they do not interact too much at Hogwarts (unlikely if they are in the same classes. I wonder if Harry could be advanced a class or two?).

Looking forward to reading more.
gginsc chapter 9 . 5/13
The poor boy still doesn't have a clue what is normal.
gginsc chapter 8 . 5/13
Why would Harry think Voldy wouldn't attack people? His reaction is extreme since he already faced Voldy bravely.
RoverMaelstrom chapter 4 . 4/30
RoverMaelstrom chapter 3 . 4/30
How interesting!
RoverMaelstrom chapter 2 . 4/30
Bwahaha this is great!
stylo1 chapter 19 . 3/25
its well written but i found it rather boring and def more a family story then adventure. i just dont get why harry isnt learning new magic if his last life has taught him anything is that he knows very little, first start with occlumency which is key for a time traveler then exhaust the room of requirement for all knowlodge.
but no apperently 7 years of luck wasnt enough he'll just try again who knows maybe he can go back again
stylo1 chapter 7 . 3/25
ohh no bellatrix is spying on me, but why? i couldnt be that she was told by voldemort was it? no that would be way to obvious.
look at me im 11 again i can have a family and see the start of the war