Reviews for The Crimson Badger, Book II: Armies
Archduke Langus chapter 7 . 1/5/2012
Lady Mina is better than any before,besides her brother aparentally. I find her skills with the bow quite astounding, not even the elves from Lord Of The Rings hold candle to her. Wow.

I am very anxiuos to see what Machus can do in battle, I can only assume that he must be as good as any of the abbeys champions, possibly even Martin. He must be quite the formidable force. And if he is presided over by Urthblood *gulp*...

All the charectors are splended, and each of them is special in there own way. Alexander and Lady Mina make quite the couple as well.

Still amazing, still awesome, and now I must keep reading.
Archduke Langus chapter 6 . 1/2/2012
Another very VERY good chapter.

It was good to see Jans and his friend fight for their own and prove their worth. Chains do not bind them it seems.

Still loving it, though I dont have as much time to read...
Archduke Langus chapter 5 . 12/25/2011
Abellon's speech at the end of this chpater inspired me, even though I am not even in the book.

Wow, this is an epic.
Archduke Langus chapter 4 . 12/21/2011
Another great chapter! Really loving this.

I am happy to say that Perret has now entered my ranks of favorite charectors.

I need to keep reading now.
Archduke Langus chapter 3 . 12/19/2011
Well, the Redwallers still can't seem to accept noble vermin, but it is to be expected. They have been attacking Redwall for aeons. I like the descriptions of the food (made me hungry), and I really enjoy how this is turning out. This is quite the saga. You have to feel sorry for the vermin captains, having to put up with so much prejudice.

I have noticed that Redwallers are very vegan. I am not, and could not live a week without a hamburger, so I find Redwalls customs very strange. This fic brings out more of the underlining themes of Jacques work as well.

All in all, its a classic. Pure classic.
Jade TeaLeaf chapter 15 . 12/18/2011
Well, you have 47 chapters so far so I might as well make it an even number. 48 sounds pretty good to me. :)

Anyways, it seems like such a silly thing to start a war over some prophecy. Haven't these creatures ever thought that they are trying to fulfill their own crazy dreams? But then again, Redwall and Salamandastron are pretty darn superstitious lot for a population that claims to be advanced. But sometimes it reminds me of the story of Oedipus, where one tries to avoid his fate but ends up fulfilling it. Someone really has to talk those badgers out of delusion.

Either case, I'm not really sure who I should be rooting for. You have done an excellent job keeping us readers in the dark, y'know? Granted, I don't really read quite as deeply as I should've (I really want to cover ground with your work) but I keep finding reasons to distrust Urthblood. First there is the fact that there's something slightly creepy about his swordfoxes (being hinted that they kill each other) and another for the fact that there are no hares. And then there is that strange hawk that flew down and gave Browder the news about Redwall being slaughtered or something. If I'm not mistaken, Urthblood was caught talking to a kestrel and an owl, so perhaps this messenger bird feeding false news is also one of his devices? I mean, that way Urthfist would be provoked into making a move, justifying any action that Urthblood takes.

But though he's pretty shady, I have to admit that I do like the guy. He is a revolutionist in the face of Mossflower and he knows exactly how to make the change. Whether or not that is his true intention is up in the air. This story is wonderfully complex and I will have to continue on to the next saga, which seems to be packed with the biggest info.

Jade TeaLeaf chapter 7 . 12/18/2011
Thank you for stating that the weasels/ferrets/stoats in Cluny's hoarde were forced into fighting. I don't think that many people really knew that and it was kind of subtle in the book. :)

And oh, I felt my heart deflate a little at the thought of the foxes fighting each other to the death. It would make sense that that's what happens, but why just the foxes? Reading this, I couldn't help think one word: Gestapo. Secret police force.

Intriguing idea and as always, I shall continue reading on. :)

Highwing chapter 2 . 12/18/2011
Jade,

Don't worry, I'm not THAT fast a writer (although you're certainly a fast reader, tearing through all of Book I and getting into Book II in a single day). I drafted "TCB" back between 1995 and 1997 during my breaks at work, in spurts of 15 to 30 minutes as a time, as a way to save my sanity from my humdrum routine, and first posted it online on the Redwall Fanfiction board back in 2001-2002. Samadhir was the one who convinced me to re-post my Urthblood fics here on this site, and I owe him a big debt of gratitude for that, since it's gained me so many wonderful new readers such as yourself.

Many thanks for the kind comments! I'm just glad you're enjoying it so, and hope you continue to do so!
Jade TeaLeaf chapter 2 . 12/18/2011
Aw, Jans and Broggs are quite adorable. :) If there's anything I love more than grey characters, it is wit and charm. How you manage to pull these things off is beyond me. But hey, I've got a question.

I noticed that the time it took to complete this segment was only in a matter of a little more than two weeks. Did you really crank out a chapter a day or have you been keeping this story locked away in your computer until you thought it was perfect? I would like to think it's the latter because the thought of anyone who can simply pound out something like this in just 24 hours is just a little intimidating to a fellow writer such as myself. :P

Archduke Langus chapter 2 . 12/14/2011
Jans and Broggen are awesome. No more is needed.

Loved it, glad to find two more charectors I really like as well.
Archduke Langus chapter 1 . 12/14/2011
I loved how Urthblood just forced a decision on Arlyn.

"Would you mind letting my captains in?" It must of been extremely awkward for the old Abbot. I am really want to find out who this "educational" mouse is next chapter.

Once again, perfect.
Alkeni chapter 15 . 12/11/2011
As it stands right now, I am of the belief that Urthblood is of the good-guy status, and Urthfist is either evil, insane or mislead.

We shall see though.
Alkeni chapter 10 . 12/11/2011
Either Urthfist is evil, or someone or several someones is/are delibertately fostering tensions between Urthfist and Urthblood...
Alkeni chapter 8 . 12/11/2011
You have the molespeak down perfectly. Its actually rather amazing just how well you've got it down.
Quaver Ava chapter 15 . 10/31/2011
Bumm, bumm, bumm! I gotta say that this is one of the greatest Redwall stories I've ever read. Not only that I've also been wanting to read something very much like this story line. When I first started writing I think I tried doing a bad badger one time, but I was a terrible writer than and took down what little I had up. Now I get to read this story and it's as if a dream came true!

So far this story seems to be a political kinda thing. Hopefully Winoker can sort all this out. Or he could be the big tragedy in your story and die. Can't tell until I get there though. But I'm very much expecting him to have an arrow though his chest by the end.

Have you thought of writing original stories? Do you have a fictionpress account? Cause if you do I wanna see them!
53 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »