Reviews for Her Biggest Mistake
trekkifulron chapter 1 . 4/4
This one was a trip.

I don't feel that it bashed anyone... the characters were true to form. So if that's bashing they bashed their selves. Hermione's insecurities and Harry's damage made it all but the end quite believable. I think she would have clung harder to James untill he didn't need her then off'd herself on the next anniversary of the breakup.
missgsmith51 chapter 1 . 10/7/2017
I actually agree with your wife. I like this story, although it is so sad that I wouldn't want to read many others of its ilk. I don't think you are bashing Hermione, exactly. Well, maybe a little. Mainly, you pointed out that she wasn't as smart as she thought she was. She didn't set Harry free; she deliberately and cruelly drove him away, and that is not the same thing. Regardless of what she THOUGHT she was telling him, he heard, "Go away. I don't want to be with you anymore. There may be someone better for me." Harry may be persistent, but he won't force himself where he isn't wanted.

It's too bad Hermione didn't think of the ENTIRE Richard Bach quote when she was formulating her little plan. "If you love something, set it free; if it comes backs it's yours, if it doesn't, it never was.” Obviously, Harry loved her and wished to stay. Unfortunately, she refused to give him that option. In the end, she manipulated him, just as Dumbledore had manipulated him. I suppose her betrayal hurt even more, because he loved her. In the end, she removed his reason for living, so he died.
Penguin Thug God chapter 1 . 9/13/2017
Wait but if they broke up how did Hermione get pregnant with Harry's child? She wanted to separate and there wasn't any clue that she was pregnant... hmm that's the only issue I have with the story.
gibb152 chapter 1 . 4/1/2017
Oh my god this made me cry and I haven't cried in years
RinnaZevran1987 chapter 1 . 11/9/2016
Very emotionally moving. Love it.
Cassius E. Whistlewood chapter 1 . 11/16/2015
I... I don't know what to say. Profound read, that's for sure. Well done.
pointless chapter 1 . 6/23/2015
This is well written. Dark but pleasant to read and it's not so often, so thank you and congratulation for that. Hermione point of view was wright. So many people stay years with someone before finding out it's no the good one. Anyway there are lots of different sufferings. Mine is to have never loved nor never have been loved. To loose something wonderfull you once have might seem awfull but the sheer void of never have known the thing, whatever it is, is much worse.

PS:Forgive me for may bad english but it is not my primary language.
Guest chapter 1 . 6/23/2015
This is well written. Hermione point of view was wright. Many people stay with someone for years before finding out this was not the good one. Too bad fate sometimes require tragical ending. Anway there are lots of differents suffering. Mine is to never have loved nor have been loved. To loose something might seems awful but the sheer void of never have known the thing, whatever it is, is worst. forgive me for my bad english but it is not my primary, natural, language.
Guest chapter 1 . 6/23/2015
Type your review here...
Guest chapter 1 . 6/22/2015
I'm a sucker for a tragedy that actually moves me. Yours certainly did. I especially liked the will Harry left, telling Wizarding Britain some uncomfortable truths that really needed to be said and ensuring his memory wouldn't be sullied by those who would use his name for their own gain. The way you had Harry die upon his own funeral pyre seemed like something out of legend.

As bloody awful as the Harry/Ginny Sue relationship that Rowling wrote was, I never saw a Harry/She-Who-Must-Always-Be-Right relationship as a viable alternative. They're both socially retarded individuals who, in order to overcome their respective forms of childhood isolation, need to live a normal life (with ALL the activities that entails) for some time before committing to long-term relationships.

There were a couple of things I disliked, but they were minor and not at all central to the plot.
locolycan777 chapter 1 . 6/22/2015
A few years ago I read this story and loved it then I forgot to favorite it and lost the title finally found it again when I checked your page after reading another story glad I finally found it and enjoyed the originality of it all over again
Kairan1979 chapter 1 . 3/21/2015
That wasn't a 'nice' story, but it was a good story.
Sadly I can easily see things happening this way, with the amount of abuse suffered by Harry first from Dursleys, then from the Wizardling world, and Hermione's insecurities. Both of them tend to blow things out of proportion (we can easily remember the situations with Firebolt or Prince's potion book).
corwyn chapter 1 . 9/3/2014
this is not a "nice" story. but it is a good story. I cried.

thank you for sharing it.
DylanL chapter 1 . 7/23/2014
This was a really interesting story. Quite sad but also quite good.
Poet Wroet chapter 1 . 7/19/2014
My PE teacher forgot to catch me (I hope he forgot, at least, because he didn't even try). I lost my leg and I can't use most of my left hand anymore.

Thanks for writing this fic. Thanks for not condemning the suicidal ones. Thanks for Buffalo Runner's actions. They gave me peace.
57 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »