Reviews for Reborn
liz.barden chapter 30 . 12/19/2013
Great story!
goldacharmed chapter 30 . 10/30/2013
Wow... I LOVED this story! It was so well written, the plot was perfect! You really had me going that he died. Every character fit and didn't feel forced nor when they were brought into the story. When I first read your hype summery about "the Doctors biggest challenge" I thought, okay let's see how you'll do that. But you did! You really did! It's my dream to write as well as you do one day! I hope you really do something with this talent!
StrawberryDuckFeathers chapter 1 . 10/24/2013
. For the 'Recommend an Under-Reviewed Story' thread at the Reviews Lounge, Too. .Archive Staffer. Fandom-blind!.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
I quite like the grand tone of the prologue, since it really does give the feel that the person mentioned is of great importance, and that he's done a lot of important things, so it's a good way of easing someone into the story cuz they're probably gonna want to read about this important person. I also think that you've mentioned an interesting part of his character- the way that he doesn't want to be like everyone else. I think it's interesting that he wants to be different to the other Time Lords, that he wants to change. I think it's cool that you've shown how he seems to feel confined to the citadel, and that he also wants to broaden his horizons and travel elsewhere. I think you've conveyed his goodness very well, especially the way he takes down those who hurt others but doesn't expect anything in return for it. I like his character development as well; as if by expanding his world ans exploring other places, his mind as also expanded. :) I also like the dramatic change in his life- it must be a horrifying sight to see the rest of your own kind die, but I like how in the young woman he meets, there's a flicker of hope. (a creature so ancient and impossible he truly wondered if he could defeat it like he had so many others. ) I like that there's this idea that he has to face a large challenge now, and I like that there are no details about this monster as it's enticing. I also love that cliff-hanger- that the Doctor already knows what will happen in the end. Good job. :)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Here's my critique/suggestions for you. If you need me to further clarify anything just ask. :)
. Unless the speaker is introduced in the next chapter, the prologue doesn't need to have the speech marks- at least not in my opinion since I don't feel they deliver much effect, except perhaps for the fact that the Doctor is often spoke of, possibly. :)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Although it is somewhat generic in my opinion, I think this prologue has everything an intro should have- an enticing quality, and that it’s not too descriptive, but just descriptive enough to make you want to read on and fill in the blanks. Great work! Keep it up!
LavenderAndTime chapter 30 . 10/19/2013
I shall just say, this is still one of the best stories I have ever read on this site. So well written, amazingly characterized, and it actually brought me to tears more than once. I've reviewed on this story before like, two years ago, (I was the reviewer with the TARDIS painting icon), but I still have not stumbled upon a story as amazing as this one. Reading this story actually inspired me to start writing again, in fact! So thank you, and even if this has only 92 reviews, it's still amazing in every way! :-)
MeMyselfAndTARDIS chapter 1 . 5/22/2013
After watching the series 7 finale, I found myself in desperate need of more Doctor Who stuff, be it re watching a bunch of DW episodes, but I thought of reading a bunch of fanfiction - particularly written by you since I absolutely adore and admire your writing. I feel gutted being a late comer of the fanfiction society as I would have been hanging off the edge waiting for updates if I was following this story when chapters are being published. This story was so well written - from the monsters to the time travelling and best of all, the plot. After reading one of your fanfictions, I thought to myself that story set the bar, but this... Kudos to you. That's all I can say. I can't believe I've only just read this now, but better late than never! Wow.
M chapter 30 . 5/21/2013
I absolutely loved every moment of this story. It was so well planned, with brilliant plot. Thanks for a wonderful read!
Inastiel chapter 29 . 4/20/2013
I'm crying but I'm happy this is brilliantly sad.
marije2410 chapter 30 . 1/17/2013
I've just read the entire story without so much as a toilet break, and I am completely baffled by your genius. The promise of Doctor whump dragged me in, but what I got was one of the most well written stories I've ever read on this website. It had more plottwists and subplot than a Moffat episode and I adore how you've combined canonical and fanonical aspects with your own imagination and theories. Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful story and your extensive knowledge of the Whoniverse. Now if you'll excuse me, I'll be off to read everything else you've ever written.
Hopebadwolf chapter 30 . 12/2/2012
That was amazing. Simply incredible. This is the first fanfiction that has brought me to tears three times! You should be so proud of yourself I love reading your works they are just the best fanfictions. You are such a talented writer please don't stop writing! Sooo now i guess im just gonna read another one of your fanfictions
Hopebadwolf chapter 27 . 12/2/2012
I am officially bawling right now and screaming how dare you how dare you kill my doctor!
Hopebadwolf chapter 24 . 12/2/2012
Noooooooo! Theta! He was so awesome how could you kill him:,(!
Jack Brocket chapter 30 . 11/11/2012
I love this fic. It's wibbly-wobbly and everyone is in character and your writing is perfect. So I'll be over here, favouriting this and hoping to high Gallifrey you've written a book. Or an episode of Doctor Who. Either or.
Guest chapter 30 . 7/6/2012
That was perfect! A great ending to a great story. Oh and the last chapter with the Doctor's grandaughter. Heh Susan. That had me laughing. Anyways loved the ending!
2-Hearted-Human chapter 30 . 6/11/2012
:o OMG. That was the most heartbreaking story i have ever read. It's the first fan fiction that has made me cry, the very thought of the doctor dying and all his friends being with him like that, i just couldn't take it. You are such a brilliant writer and i hope you continue with fantastic stories like this
10Rfan chapter 30 . 3/20/2012
Pretty selfish for Rose, I would even go so far to say OOC for both her and Don, then to tell the Doctor that she doesn't love him? She would have nothing without him. The end left a bitter taste in my mouth I'm afraid.