Reviews for Doomed to Repeat
Flink88 chapter 1 . 9/6/2016
I just finished reading this on your site. Really well written. I can't believe that Chapel gave up loving, steady, intelligent, witty Spock for Jim! Jim, who couldn't stand to see her attempting to move on. Jim who treated her like rubbish the whole time. Jim who manipulated her at every turn. And, the ONLY reason she finally stopped cheating on Spock was because Jim said no. That was pretty frustrating because it meant that Chapel had almost no agency. I think that I would have been able to muster more respect for her if she really had decided that she was the problem and had walked away from both relationships whilst still on the ship. Or, had just settled for friendship with Spock and distance from Kirk. It was definitely the right thing for her to leave the ship. And, what a complete smack in the face that Kirk got married, after years of him cheating on her and her chasing after him. She was such a weak, repellant character by the end I'm glad neither man ended up with her. Good job. You really made me feel a whole range with this story.

Now, do you have any pieces where Chapel chooses Spock, even though Kirk's interested?
da34amadeo chapter 1 . 4/14/2012
Very good. I like and understand this take on Chapel.I like you work in general and I love stories that give Chapel a brain.I am going to read more from your site.
da34amadeo chapter 1 . 4/14/2012
Kittenmommy chapter 1 . 8/3/2011
Just finished reading it over on your website. Outstanding! :D
Ster J chapter 1 . 3/14/2011
WHEW! That was quite a ride! What a challenge to write these pairings through all three seasons into the first movie. I was curious to see what you did with the other movies, but then it ended. ((

I'm gonna poke around in your website to see what I've missed, to re-read some old favorites, and be a general nuisance. Don't mind me.
murphycat chapter 1 . 3/14/2011
I normally love your stories. That being said, I really didn't like this one. The characters seemed, well, out of character. I was left with the feeling that Christine was a whore, Kirk, too, and Spock was spineless. I have soo looked forward to one of your stories, but this one was a disappointment. I don't mean to "flame" if that's what this is, it is just honest feedback. You usually inspire such a connection to the characters and I was left feeling like I didn't care what happened to these guys. They inspired no sympathy from me at all. I DID LIKE the way that you followed the different episodes and tied them all together. I apologize if I have offended you, but you write so much better than this and I was so disappointed.
MonAlice chapter 1 . 3/14/2011
Wow, that was challenging. This is a very well written story, but it leaves me not liking any of the characters I'm used to liking, very much right now.

Life is never a simple thing, and the best fiction is supposed to be compelling, but why does it have to be about misery? :

All in all, as always with you it's a great story, and it's just me wanting to smack everyone on their heads for their stupidity. Sigh.
makaem chapter 1 . 3/13/2011
God, I loved that. She is a bit screwed up, but that is so much better than the sappy lovesick character of cannon.