Reviews for life a fact above all others
Kirasel chapter 1 . 7/10/2013
Wow. Foxface. This is really amazing - it expands her character and it just... I dunno. Something. You have blown my mind. I literally can't think of anything else to say. It's that good.
Zeviz chapter 1 . 3/18/2013
This tone works well for the clinically precise mind you are portraying. (And I had to look up some words you've used, so bonus points for writing an unusually intelligent person using more advanced vocabulary. :))
Harlequin chapter 1 . 12/22/2012
Oh Foxface ;_; Can I just say this was brilliant? You turned a popular but somewhat flat character into this girl with hidden depths whose ultimately tragic is in that she only realized what she wanted to do as she was dying. Her envy and respect for Katniss is something I thought she definitely had in the books, but adding in all these other feelings for the other tributes like Rue worked well. And the second-person percpective is tricky to do properly, but you nailed it, and it was pretty much the best percpective to write the story in. Bookmarking this page right away.
lazor chapter 1 . 11/19/2012
so awesome. rereading and continuing to think this is awesome. i love her view of all the contestants and her very lovely but ultimately untimely realization of her life and this really effed up world. amazing. thanks!
readwritereview chapter 1 . 11/7/2012
I love second person perspectives, and this is refreshingly beautiful. I love it, and I sound so cliche now, don't I? "Your fic is so original, I love the concept, dadada!"
But I your fic is really original, and the concept is perfect.
The ending is so fittingly abrupt. "You die." It's cold, cruel, a solid fact.
"The Capitol cheers." In three words, you described their freaking monstrosity.
"Panem watches on." It's an indicator of how life goes on anyway.
Amazing. Keep writing!
A. Lee chapter 1 . 8/16/2012
What an interesting take on Foxface. You've given her such a compelling backstory - and those last three lines are chilling.
Fearless Rider chapter 1 . 7/27/2012
Nice fic! I'm glad it wasn't the Foxface suicide theory side of it, because I really don't like it. Was very interesting to read from her point of view and it was very well written.
liza chapter 1 . 5/15/2012
this was lovely and i did not mind the pretentious style! :) fits the tone very well. i enjoyed this glimpse into our unknown foxface. the end was absolutely beautiful - her thoughts as she ate the nightlock. great job!
skeleton clique chapter 1 . 5/12/2012
Wow. This is just so beautiful. It's hard to come by Foxface fics as good as this.
srslyjulia chapter 1 . 4/18/2012
This is brilliant. The way you fleshed Foxface out feels so real with the second tense writing.
ellamalfoy8 chapter 1 . 4/1/2012
Wow. This was incredible. Such a fascinating character, so happy to read something that explores her further!
Sepsis chapter 1 . 3/19/2012
That was brilliant!

"In truth, all the planning in the world wouldn't have prepared you when everything condensed into that one gripping, solid moment when reality tore off from theory so violently: death not a body onscreen, not a corpse under white sheets, but a head oozing blood where it was dashed against the ground, a spearhead sticking out"

Wow! This, that she secretly wnated the boy she dated to help her, to do anything at all. :/ How she thought about the others, how she tried to survive.. And the part with Rue. Oh god. That was wonderful!
Lovely Amelie chapter 1 . 3/4/2012
this was wonderfully characterized, beautifully written, and just about perfect. the ending scene honestly broke my heart. i've seen a lot of stories of character exploration about foxface, and this stands out so far above all the others. just beautiful. :)
Moonix chapter 1 . 11/14/2011
This story is breathtaking. I love your unique imagery, and your take on District 5 is quite interesting. Here and there I noticed a few inconsistencies with the tenses. But all in all, I really enjoyed reading the story, and knowing that she's going to die in the end just made it even more bittersweet and desperate.
Europa22 chapter 1 . 10/20/2011
This is sooooooooooo amazing! Foxface is my fav character and you did so fantastic with her :)