Reviews for Like Father, Like Son
Sweet Sleepless Melody chapter 9 . 4/9/2012
Hello there! My name is Melody and I feel very, very fortunate to have found your story. I do hope everything is going well for you in boot camp!

I have to say that I'm an avid fan of DanteXNero pairings as well as Daddy Dante/Baby Nero. I think both are certainly plausible, given the right author with the right talent. But there’s not a lot of Daddy Dante/Baby Nero. Or at least, not a whole lot of good ones worth reading.

And I just wanted to say that your interpretation on their parental/child relationship is absolutely SUPERB. I had to trudge through the first few chapters because I wanted to cry at the pain and general unfairness of Nero's life before he meets his father (especially in regards to “Auntie Mae”). And yes, I cried during their reunion at the corrupt police station.

But you've also made me laugh and laugh HARD. Few authors can catch the bantering, sharp, and witty dynamic that's uniquely Dante and Nero's. But you've done it VERY well. Their dialogue just flows so easily, you’d think Nero had been living with his father since he was born. I laughed EVERY TIME Dante had to scold Nero for school problems, drinking his alcohol (like a mini alcoholic brat! HAH!), waking up's all HILARIOUS! Heck, the fact that Dante doesn’t even try to get Nero to stop his foul language (yet) is hilarious in and of itself! And it’s all very, very heartwarming to read.

I also think that you've given one of the most realistic interpretations of Dante suddenly being a father. That is, you realistically showed that a lazy child-man like Dante would have to change a lot of his ways. What I’m most impressed by, however, is how you still managed to keep Dante’s natural flavor/personality. As a reader, I know that Dante will be Dante, but Nero is going to have food in his stomach, a non-leaking roof over his head, and blankets over his body. And, yes, a very, very, very nice, cozy room complete with a cute light-up guitar on the wall (I actually squealed at that part). You’ve kept that balance very realistically. Again, you have AMAZING talent.

Now, one thing you’ve been criticized about…

I don’t agree that it’s over the top in terms of what Dante did to Baul. Dante is a FATHER, now. And when you’re a parent, all sound logic and traces of civilization just go out the window. That child is your blood, your baby, your genetic extension, your joy, and the only part of yourself that’s beautiful and innocent. Add on to the fact that Nero’s near-murder happened because of an old grudge against Daddy-Sparda? And that this isn’t the FIRST time this has happened to Dante? Of COURSE Dante did all of those things to the demon that brutalized and nearly killed his only child. And of COURSE he left the mangled corpse as a warning for other demons. Dante may be a benign hero any other time, but I honestly can’t see where his ‘fight fairly’ creed would have any stance against his need to protect/avenge his son. A job is one thing; your own blood is another.

So, then! I just wanted to let you know that I LOVE your work! I genuinely hope that you continue on with the story! And, since it’s that time of year, Happy Easter, darling!
Mr. Nine chapter 9 . 3/10/2012
great chapter
Inu Eve chapter 9 . 3/4/2012
Awwwww! So, Sparda's alive or undead or something. :-D I've loved the father/son bonding in this-sweet and sad-and I hope you do continue this some day. :-)
IvoryQueen chapter 9 . 3/3/2012
You brought back SPARDA! Keep him there! But I got a question. What's going to happen with the order? And how's Dante going to explain Sparda to Nero? Keep going! I love this story!
OoFavoleoO chapter 1 . 2/20/2012
i love your story

i hope you continue your story!

Gabby Gatsby chapter 9 . 2/9/2012
Really like it...have fun in boot camp o.o
Laika24 chapter 1 . 1/26/2012
Wow what can i say the last part was beautiful!

i love your story. Keep going on!
Caspeha chapter 9 . 1/25/2012
This is amazing! I like it so much better than the actual anime. I can't wait for more!
Lottie chapter 1 . 1/4/2012
This story is one of the best DMC fanfics that I've read. Love the kid Nero as dantes son idea and really love the attitude that you give your characters. Really original :). I'm totally DYING for an update... Hope the stories mega long lol.
Silent Goth Girl chapter 9 . 1/3/2012
That...was...awsome! That was the best Dante and Nero father and son story I readed.
ZeroCiel chapter 9 . 12/31/2011
I just realized that you're following the anime XD Dante/Nero father-son moments are write those parts the best! And I like how you included a little bit of Sparda in there - maybe Nero can get a visit from his Uncle Vergil next time?

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Thanks so much for updating!
Valkyrie chapter 9 . 12/30/2011

Now that that's out of my system, there are no words to express my gratitude for this new chapter. You have literally made my whole Christmas Break with this!

And my favorite moments are the Sparda/Nero and the ending scene with Dante.

The fact that Sparda's wandering around as a protective wraith(or shade?) is sad, but happy. And the ending scene...if Dante showed more emotion like that in the games, it could actually have some serious power behind it. Aside from the fact that they're all totally kicka**.

Thank thank thank thank you! And do well on your boot camp!

Hope to hear from you in March.

Favorite line :"Fucking with NeroDante Instigated Hostel Beating"

Fan1 chapter 9 . 12/30/2011
I love this story and I cant wait till you from bootcamp. I love this idea.
Nefarious Seraph 13 chapter 7 . 12/29/2011
Poor Credo... *sad face* He ended up losing everything as well and I'm pretty sure he ain't gonna get Nero back. I hope he finds some contentment even for a bit in the future and that he gets a chance to tell all this to Nero or Dante. Even a note... T3T

Hm, but baby Nero sounds adorable. His adopted parents seem to be the type to take a ton of pictures and videos, they probably even snagged some of Nero from before they got him. All those family memories are probably locked in some old crate somewhere in their abandoned home. *teary* I bet Dante would love to see those.

This interlude is full of deliciously-written angst. Love this story. ;]
Loveless an The Living Fantasy chapter 9 . 12/26/2011
Loved the chapter. I can't really say my favorite moment, because all of them were my favorite.. Dang I have to wait for a long time for another chapter.
349 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »