Reviews for Like Father, Like Son
wandamarie chapter 7 . 5/20/2012
great work
wandamarie chapter 6 . 5/20/2012
great work thanks keep up the great work
wandamarie chapter 5 . 5/20/2012
loved it thanks
wandamarie chapter 3 . 5/20/2012
wandamarie chapter 2 . 5/20/2012
wow good one thanks
wandamarie chapter 1 . 5/20/2012
wow it was a good one thanks
Phoenix halfbreed chapter 9 . 5/17/2012
Dear Rhiw,

Just wanted to let you know how awesome you are and how much I love this fic. Saw that you haven't updated in a while so I thought some encouragement can't go wrong. So yeah, also my favorite part of this chapter has got to be the end with Dante crying about his father with Nero. It was an 'Awe' moment for me. Thanks for writing such a sweet yet BAMF story. I can't wait for the next chapter.

Much love,

PH
Volpa chapter 9 . 4/20/2012
Oh man. I so love this. Between badass street urchin Nero and enraged papa Dante it is just too awesome. I like the way you have included Credo in the story. I never liked Patty, but I can live with it because everything else is stellar. I am really looking forward to seeing what comes of the looming conflict with those deluded Order jerks. Hopefully there are good things coming to Credo for being such a righteous kid! Keep rockin'.
Sweet Sleepless Melody chapter 9 . 4/9/2012
Hello there! My name is Melody and I feel very, very fortunate to have found your story. I do hope everything is going well for you in boot camp!

I have to say that I'm an avid fan of DanteXNero pairings as well as Daddy Dante/Baby Nero. I think both are certainly plausible, given the right author with the right talent. But there’s not a lot of Daddy Dante/Baby Nero. Or at least, not a whole lot of good ones worth reading.

And I just wanted to say that your interpretation on their parental/child relationship is absolutely SUPERB. I had to trudge through the first few chapters because I wanted to cry at the pain and general unfairness of Nero's life before he meets his father (especially in regards to “Auntie Mae”). And yes, I cried during their reunion at the corrupt police station.

But you've also made me laugh and laugh HARD. Few authors can catch the bantering, sharp, and witty dynamic that's uniquely Dante and Nero's. But you've done it VERY well. Their dialogue just flows so easily, you’d think Nero had been living with his father since he was born. I laughed EVERY TIME Dante had to scold Nero for school problems, drinking his alcohol (like a mini alcoholic brat! HAH!), waking up late...it's all HILARIOUS! Heck, the fact that Dante doesn’t even try to get Nero to stop his foul language (yet) is hilarious in and of itself! And it’s all very, very heartwarming to read.

I also think that you've given one of the most realistic interpretations of Dante suddenly being a father. That is, you realistically showed that a lazy child-man like Dante would have to change a lot of his ways. What I’m most impressed by, however, is how you still managed to keep Dante’s natural flavor/personality. As a reader, I know that Dante will be Dante, but Nero is going to have food in his stomach, a non-leaking roof over his head, and blankets over his body. And, yes, a very, very, very nice, cozy room complete with a cute light-up guitar on the wall (I actually squealed at that part). You’ve kept that balance very realistically. Again, you have AMAZING talent.

Now, one thing you’ve been criticized about…

I don’t agree that it’s over the top in terms of what Dante did to Baul. Dante is a FATHER, now. And when you’re a parent, all sound logic and traces of civilization just go out the window. That child is your blood, your baby, your genetic extension, your joy, and the only part of yourself that’s beautiful and innocent. Add on to the fact that Nero’s near-murder happened because of an old grudge against Daddy-Sparda? And that this isn’t the FIRST time this has happened to Dante? Of COURSE Dante did all of those things to the demon that brutalized and nearly killed his only child. And of COURSE he left the mangled corpse as a warning for other demons. Dante may be a benign hero any other time, but I honestly can’t see where his ‘fight fairly’ creed would have any stance against his need to protect/avenge his son. A job is one thing; your own blood is another.

So, then! I just wanted to let you know that I LOVE your work! I genuinely hope that you continue on with the story! And, since it’s that time of year, Happy Easter, darling!
Mr. Nine chapter 9 . 3/10/2012
great chapter
Inu Eve chapter 9 . 3/4/2012
Awwwww! So, Sparda's alive or undead or something. :-D I've loved the father/son bonding in this-sweet and sad-and I hope you do continue this some day. :-)
IvoryQueen chapter 9 . 3/3/2012
You brought back SPARDA! Keep him there! But I got a question. What's going to happen with the order? And how's Dante going to explain Sparda to Nero? Keep going! I love this story!
OoFavoleoO chapter 1 . 2/20/2012
i love your story

i hope you continue your story!

PLEASE *_*
Gabby Gatsby chapter 9 . 2/9/2012
Really like it...have fun in boot camp o.o
Laika24 chapter 1 . 1/26/2012
Wow what can i say the last part was beautiful!

i love your story. Keep going on!
357 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »