Reviews for Like Father, Like Son
ZeroCiel chapter 9 . 12/31/2011
I just realized that you're following the anime XD Dante/Nero father-son moments are so...sigh...you write those parts the best! And I like how you included a little bit of Sparda in there - maybe Nero can get a visit from his Uncle Vergil next time?

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Thanks so much for updating!
Valkyrie chapter 9 . 12/30/2011
!

Now that that's out of my system, there are no words to express my gratitude for this new chapter. You have literally made my whole Christmas Break with this!

And my favorite moments are the Sparda/Nero and the ending scene with Dante.

The fact that Sparda's wandering around as a protective wraith(or shade?) is sad, but happy. And the ending scene...if Dante showed more emotion like that in the games, it could actually have some serious power behind it. Aside from the fact that they're all totally kicka**.

Thank thank thank thank you! And do well on your boot camp!

Hope to hear from you in March.

Favorite line :"Fucking with NeroDante Instigated Hostel Beating"

BEWARE THE PROTECTIVE PARENTS! XD
Fan1 chapter 9 . 12/30/2011
I love this story and I cant wait till you from bootcamp. I love this idea.
Nefarious Seraph 13 chapter 7 . 12/29/2011
Poor Credo... *sad face* He ended up losing everything as well and I'm pretty sure he ain't gonna get Nero back. I hope he finds some contentment even for a bit in the future and that he gets a chance to tell all this to Nero or Dante. Even a note... T3T

Hm, but baby Nero sounds adorable. His adopted parents seem to be the type to take a ton of pictures and videos, they probably even snagged some of Nero from before they got him. All those family memories are probably locked in some old crate somewhere in their abandoned home. *teary* I bet Dante would love to see those.

This interlude is full of deliciously-written angst. Love this story. ;]
Loveless an The Living Fantasy chapter 9 . 12/26/2011
Loved the chapter. I can't really say my favorite moment, because all of them were my favorite.. Dang I have to wait for a long time for another chapter.
Mikka89mak chapter 9 . 12/25/2011
Well, seriously, I don't know where to start :)

I loved this chapter for father/son fluff, because, well, there's many of that, and I loved every little bit.

I literaly squeeled when "bigger" demon showed up, because, I thinked that was Verge... Well, when I saw word "purple" and not "blue" I was kinda disappointed, don't get me wrong, I loved every bit of this chapter, but... well, Sparda isn't one of my favorited characters, mostly because I don't know much about him... okay, I understand the whole big deal with great demon rebelling against demon kind, sealing himself and his power, and then falling for human and geting ours beloved twins... this sounds great and all, but he get way too many negative points with me for leaving his family and geting killed. And for what this did to Dante's life.

I still seriously hope for appearance of Vergil... well, beacause I always hoping for his appearance - kinda habit of mine (really, he have SUCH a possibilities) [yeah, full fangirl mode on :D] and even already imagined it :D (really, did anyone beside me ever wondered where the f*** Order got Yamato? and if they were able to get sword, why not Verge as well? If we assume that he's VERY weakened after geting out of hell, of course)

I'll be trying not to go mad to March with ideas, but I'm not promising anything :D

Your work is as good as ever, and your style is again forcing me to bow ;)

Much love form Poland and Merry Christmas everyone!
Tikigod784 chapter 9 . 12/24/2011
At least things were wrapped up nicely in this chapter, and it had a nice length. Thank for writing!
Jason M. Lee chapter 9 . 12/24/2011
Sparda's lines and Dante's reaction to said lines just takes the cake. I see it as Sparda's way of reconciling with Dante. Just tugs the heartstrings.

Interesting way of tweaking the events of the last two episodes. :)

And Sid's "little scion" comment is certainly perking up the puzzle-solving side. :3
L. K. Heinrich chapter 9 . 12/24/2011
All my favorite little moments...

Nero being clingy, especially when he has that independent streak of his normally.

Dante telling Nero that he has nothing to be ashamed of, and that he shouldn't hide his Devil Arm. Then Sparda echoing that statement, which led to the wonderful moment between Dante and Nero at the end.

Dante being protective of Nero, whether it was from humans or demons.

The mention of chick flick, cause that was perfect.

Dante being concerned about Nero's Devil Arm and how far it's going to progress.

Nero and walls, poor kid, his back needs a break.

Nero pulling Rebellion out of Dante, or trying to.

Okay, enough to say that love this chapter a lot. It was filled with great moments that just shows how far Dante and Nero have gotten in there relationship as father and son. There's also that ending part, that even though Dante can hate what Sparda's legacy has done to him, that he wanted that approval (for a lack of a better word) from him.

Although...what happened to Modeus?

I also had that ah ha moment with this chapter, and I think I can see the progression of this story or at least where it's heading when Credo sent that letter saying that they were coming for Nero.

Other than that, I love it when you update, so thank you and I wish you good luck in Boot Camp.
Asile3762 chapter 9 . 12/24/2011
and papa sparda makes his debute!~

but anyway thanks I liked this and again I hope that you make more but dang this is a long chapter more like half a book but anyway again thanks I really ejoyed it!~
berkie88 chapter 9 . 12/24/2011
Sparda was here! Yay! Gramps get way to little screentime (I know, dead, but since when has that ever stopped anyone?). Does this mean there's also a chance Vergil might make an appearance sometime?

Dante's crying over Sparda's appearance! Maybe this will take away some of Dante's hatred?

Really looking forward to Nero finding out about Sparda! I take it he doesn't know his grandpa's name yet? He's never been around when it was discussed as far as I can tell, and I think, considering he grew up in Fortune, the name would have stuck with him. Not to mention that Nero swears by the Savior... who without him knowing is his grandpa... and who just did save him... huh. Does this mean the religion of Fortune does work? :-P

Nero's back will be a mess again though, after all the slamming into walls, running, fighting and such.

You know, I haven't watched the anime so I don't really know if there's reasoning behind it, but considering Nina gave the amulet to Dante to keep it safe (and likely away from her), why did Patty bring it from Dante to her?

Wiki's not really helpful here. Did find out the way things went with Mordeus in canon, and I like what you did with him. By having Baul attack Sparda's young grandson, his revenge isn't such a pressing option anymore. I think I like having him here, even if he doesn't show up (much) after this.

I loved the way Dante blocked Nero from Nina's staring! And then insisted Nero didn't have to cover his arm if he doesn't want to! Protective!Dante rules! And this bit: "Dante had never felt such an overwhelming need for someone to just…be okay before. To be happy, to be safe." Warm fuzzy feelings all around!

Credo will be there soon?

Hope you'll continue soon!
amba gurl chapter 9 . 12/24/2011
nice story! merry christmas and i hope to receive an update in march ;D
Wolfie231 chapter 9 . 12/24/2011
Not bad so sparda save nero nice you should have sparda show up in some more chapters I hope you up date soon
achillies-eel chapter 9 . 12/23/2011
Oh, wow. I completely forgot what this fic was about. I'm so glad I finally decided to stop ignoring my mail.

Great chapter! I love daddy!Dante. He's so... cuddly. Er. Or not. But I love him anyway. And hurt!Nero is sad, but it does bring out daddy!Dante so I can live with it, I think. As long as it doesn't happen too often, mind you. :D

Keep up the good work!
oz chapter 9 . 12/23/2011
Simply AWESOME. the grammar needs some tweaking,(the tense in which you tell the story get kind of confusing,but, who cares!)but besides that, I loved it!

And *sniffle* that last part, *sniff* simply beautiful.T~T Daaaaaaawwww, Papa Sparda coming to save his bloodline. I especially love what he said to Nero. Beautiful. T-T

And Dante crying there at the end... *sniff*

And,thank god, you updated! Whooo! BEST CHRISTMAS PRESENT EVER! Sorry, I really love this story and missed your you so much for updating this with your busy schedule and all and please try and continue when you can, it's greatly appreciated :)
339 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »