Reviews for Magic, as opposed to Magic
AlekTas chapter 6 . 8/18
There is no reason for him to hate the word muggle. It means someone easily beguiled. How does this translate to something the arch mage from a world not their own would hate? For all he knows they might be.
NouvelleVoix chapter 11 . 7/4
You've changed a large number of rather random things. Pansy as a muggleborn? Why?
sithis chapter 3 . 6/11
too much cussing needs to be rated m
Phant0m5 chapter 17 . 3/30
... No. The wand is a tool that can be used as a weapon, just like any other tool in the world. A knife or dagger, on the other hand, has only one use- cutting things. If you aren't in the kitchen, potions lab, or warehouse, a knife is a weapon at all times and never a tool. Therefore, you DO confiscate the dedicated weapon, and do NOT confiscate the tool. Particularly not the tool that is required for literally every class in the school.

Also? Using magic as a weapon in the HP world requires knowing how to do it, plus practice in using those weaponized spells. It's only a weapon when you intentionally make it into one. Again, a knife is ALWAYS a weapon; a single stabbing action, even accidentally like if you fall while holding the knife, can maim or kill.

This isn't even a hard concept to understand. It's extremely basic logic. To have gone out of your way to point out how wands aren't considered weapons by magical society, you must be specifically looking for things to throw at the HP 'verse to make it look bad. Which, given the content of all previous chapters, actually fits. The whole fic so far can be summed up as: HP wizard says something, gets verbal beat down on bad logic (which is okay, if a bit over-done)... defends bad logic like a good little straw-man robot. What the hell. This is... astoundingly biased.

Not sure if the rest is worth reading. We'll see I suppose.
Phant0m5 chapter 10 . 3/30
... sigh. I'm generally enjoying this fic, except for the blatantly manipulative, asshole Dumbledore. I can kind of see where the manipulation comes from, so as long as you don't treat him like an idiot who can't change his plans when they go tits up, it can be acceptable. But Dumbledore was NOT an asshole. Not to Harry, and not to Snape (aside from the inter-house rivalry, when he didn't crack down on James for the bullying).

Frankly, your Dumbledore Point of View sections don't sound or feel like him at all, and if this goes on much longer I may just assume you're an outright Dumbledore Basher and leave this fic to rot.
CMVreud chapter 39 . 2/3
Awesome ride.
Still, could've gone on a bit more for my tastes, but 39 chapters ain't bad. ;)
CMVreud chapter 37 . 2/3
I will henceforth put a motion to have more airtime.
CMVreud chapter 30 . 2/3
It can only escalate from here on, like an avalanche.
CMVreud chapter 24 . 2/3
And mind you, nobody said nothing about poor Sirius. Till next chapter I fathom.
CMVreud chapter 22 . 2/3
I like your bridges too. They seem to add a rather faster(?) forwarding to the next paragraph.
I think I'll try to copy that, when I finally come around to write some more...
CMVreud chapter 18 . 2/3
Just thought you ought to know, first, I really like your Disclaimer and general AN.
MattKennedy chapter 39 . 7/18/2015
Excellent story :)
Dotdotdot chapter 5 . 7/12/2015
Fun story so far, but I have to say I think choosing the Grangers as the family Harry stays with makes no sense, particularly since Hermione is a girl.
G. S. tol Kriaal chapter 7 . 7/11/2015
Something I figure I should point out, the narration says it's been a week, but the heading says it's OCTOBER 9th, and the last date you gave us was August. Also Hogwarts usually starts in September, so...
JanCactus chapter 39 . 7/9/2015
Thank you for the closure of the story! I'm grateful for what I got, it's better than nothing at all, after all. Hope your next endeavours, if any, are more pleasing to you.