Reviews for This World
Guest chapter 1 . 3/17/2014
This pairing is something I've never actually thought about because I'm sure the majority of what exists for it would be OOC PWPs. My rule is 'If it is well-written, I will love it regardless of content.' And this story is very well-written and tasteful, so I love.

'They've changed out here, the sun has bleached and dried them, and the remnants of what they used to be peel away like sunburn.'

This lovely line. Your page is really feeding my need for in-character Ishtar family stories today.
NightingaleNightThief chapter 1 . 6/26/2013
I loved this. Great work. :D
Calm Envy chapter 1 . 4/1/2011
I swear that you said at some point you weren't writing until April.'s April. But then again, you wrote this in March. Ignore my blabbing. Also - must get this off my chest - even though I play at open minds, incest for me is just too much... Anyway, let's leave that behind and start reviewing.

Okay! Mind block not withstanding, this was breathtaking. Each sentence danced beautifully and linked onto the next one so well! And the repetition. Ah. I'm not even going to bother quoting my favourite sentences because then you'll have half the story in front of you. I LOVE the passage of time. Malik's dominance, the arrogant edge that shines through. Rishid, too. Ishizu I'm less fond of, but she only pops up in the end.

You can never stop writing. There, because I've said it, you have to do it forever and ever. 3
safa'at keruth chapter 1 . 3/14/2011
This is definitely my fave out of everything you've written so far. :D So very much my favorite. Like, no contest.

Yeah, it was partially the incest. Partially the angst and abstract-ness. Partially the (and I quote myself) insane!Malik, angsty!Rishid, and pensive!Isis. Partially the Beijing and the biology and the writing style. But mostly, the language was so beautiful and the imagery was so pretty and the presentation of the Ishtars and the Shameshipping was so, SO amazing. Love love love.

I love your Malik in this - he's really the self-assured person we see in canon, but he's also depressingly uncertain of himself, and the few lines of dialogue he had - all the dialogue, actually - fit the mood of the fic perfectly. And I loved Rishid's way of counting the passage of time; it's unique and angst-riddled and in general enjoyable to read.

"The remains of what they used to be peel away like sunburn," "mummies in the jungle, always dead, but now rotting," and "mutilation and mutation, of evolution and corruption, of sunlight and freedom, and they've all grown up but what have they become?" - favorite lines in the entire fic. As stated before, the language in those was beautiful. So so pretty. (Especially the mummies in the jungle thing and the mutilation-mutation/evolution-corruption; it's nice figuratively while also making sense science-wise.)

I repeated that I loved this so much, and don't be surprised if I randomly fave this in the future! :)

yllimilly chapter 1 . 3/14/2011
Hm. Lovely and abstract and dark. I'm definitely going to nag you about expanding on this.
RoseleafISHTAR chapter 1 . 3/14/2011
ooh, nice~

Usually I'm not into Ishizu/Malik stuff, but this was pretty good! 3 Well writen, not graphic, but still putting some naughty little thoughts in the head of outakus. Two thumbs up!