Reviews for In Absentia Lucis
LikeFallingAsleep chapter 1 . 1/11/2013
Your title is Latin for Absence of Light isn't it..? I believe that's a wonderful title. I love this one-shot also. Your writing is absolutely wonderful.
KingHerod chapter 1 . 1/11/2013
In the Absence of Light. The short Latin sentences aren't really the hardest to translate...

I think it's a lovely story. Lovely, and sad.
Bluishorbs chapter 1 . 10/24/2012
sapphiretwin369 chapter 1 . 8/17/2012
So many Roy and Royai feelings with this one. I really liked it! Nicely written! :)
Agatha-Naomi chapter 1 . 6/12/2012
roy always appealed to me, because a lot of male anime heros are just total badasses and nothing ever gets to them. roy's a badass soldier, but he still gets scared, especially when riza's involved. i love that you've written that vulnerability of roy's into the story withou making it super angsty .
anon chapter 1 . 5/23/2012
Ah, it's so hard to find good royai, and I believe for you having both their characters pinned so well you deserve serious praise. This was amazing. The last line was killer also.
Starry Pink chapter 1 . 4/3/2011
That was very sad, yet very beautiful. I really think that Roy would be haunted for a very long time by the memory of Riza bleeding to death, and you've portrayed that well here.
SammyQuill chapter 1 . 3/27/2011
My God! Why haven't I seen this before now? We should really have compiled a list of who took part in this challenge complete with links to the entries, that way, gems like these won't be missed.

This was so incredibly painful and REAL. And you did not end it on a happy note which is very original. They're both adults and such a traumatic thing like that isn't just going to get better for them. Roy will forever have nightmares of Riza bleeding away no matter how happy things turn out at the end. And the last bit, about her being the physical representation of all that's good in his life... wow, so eloquent and beautiful.

The way you mention the gold light guiding him, and then being darkened by scarlet... that just blew me away. I always knew Riza was the guiding light in his life but the way you showed that light being tainted... I was truly speechless.

And yes, they're not going to be alright and its hard to believe that everything will get better. But things could be worse, they could be away from each other. At least they're together, even if he can't see her and she can't believe in her own words. *sadsigh*

Really, really well done!
NekoLoki chapter 1 . 3/22/2011
Sometimes, love fully realizes itself when you've almost lost it all... Roy and Risa forever! 3 Great work Jellly, and there is always light at the end of the tunnel... _
ssadropout chapter 1 . 3/16/2011
I really like how you divided your fic between waking and sleeping. The dream seemed to be a very true reflection of Roy's subconsciousness. He seemed so helpless in it. The waking part was so fraught with emotion. I love how you show he doesn't trust using just once sense- his hearing- when he first wakes. He has to touch her to believe that she is alive and there. But it's so sad how little comfort her words can give him.

It was a wonderful challenge, wasn't it?
skele-gro chapter 1 . 3/15/2011
wow. this is perfect.
mebh chapter 1 . 3/15/2011
I am so, so pleased you did this challenge.

I loved this. From the dream sequence through to the tentative and incredibly touching comforting scene.

The sparse but tasteful dialogue said more than enough and the sadness underpinning the whole piece created a very effective, dignified atmosphere.

The present tense adds that sense of panic and drama - we are with Roy in the moment, not seeing his terrible 'punishment' from a distance.

Thanks so much for sharing this.

passerby chapter 1 . 3/14/2011
Yeah! royai! Thanks for the angst fic :)

I love these kinds of royai!
maryh10000 chapter 1 . 3/14/2011
In the absence of light, the darkness conquers.

But his light isn't absent. She's still there.

Thank you for sharing this.
Lou Nebin chapter 1 . 3/14/2011
Awesome! Glad you joined the challenge, its fun!

I love the dream..I think its a really good representation of being blind because of the all colors he's used to seeing. (If that made any sense)

My favorite part is him being a little..confused as to why he can't see her. I could imagine that, being used to seeing, waking up to blindness would be nuts.

No kudos for me. I don't get the title. If I were to guess it be latin for 'missing/absent light'... or

Great job!