Reviews for In Pursuit of Ever After
bjarrell chapter 34 . 3/1
Very much enjoyed this. What an interesting voyage you took us on. You should seriously consider publishing. Thank you.
Took.The.Midnight.Train chapter 35 . 2/25
That was fantastic. Applause all around
Jani chapter 35 . 2/20
Thank you for this story! It was very nice to read. Great continuation and interesting twist from canon. Loved the other characters, both canon and original. They were well written. Great to see even the main characters grow and develop.
Pink Cheshire Cat chapter 35 . 10/21/2013
Most marriges at that age were performed in spring cause they usually only bathed once a year, in spring. Your story is a good read, a bit long at points but still good and has lots of details about the age. I can't see someone changing as much as Margeruite in such a time limit, or her and Gustaf. I think you want all the characters to be good, even if they are supposed to be evil. I like that, but not a lot of people seem to. Thanks for the good read
Jobo78 chapter 35 . 10/17/2013
I LOVED this story! You are a talented writer, your descriptions are clear and concise, not going overboard on too many details but making the scene perfectly clear.

I love the new characters you introduced. I also really enjoyed the way you mixed in some scenes from the film, it made it seem more like part of the actual film.

I wasn't too keen on marguerite getting a happy ending at first, but as the story grew I found I liked her more and was pleased she ended up happy.

Another thing I wasn't keen on was how you portrayed Danielle. I really think she had more courage and strength. I don't think she ever cowed down to her stepmother and that she only stayed there and put up with the abuse because it was her fathers home and she loved the servants. You did make her stronger through the story though, so I was pleased she seemed to toughen up a bit.

There aren't many fan fiction stories that I can't put down but this was one of them. I love it when an author takes the ending and builds on it, adding characters and events to make their own story. Yours was done really well and is now one of my favourites.
StarryNight101 chapter 9 . 7/29/2013
Yay, so glad to see Danielle finally managing to strike against Le Pieu! The only slight complaint I have is that Marguerite's sudden change of heart seems very... sudden. After a lifetime of being self-centered and mean to Danielle, it seems a little unrealistic that she would have a change of heart so quickly and suddenly. I'm all for Marguerite maturing a bit, but to have her do it in an instant just doesn't seem totally believe.

But anyways. That's just a small complaint. The rest is still totally awesome.
StarryNight101 chapter 7 . 7/29/2013
Ah, this is so good! I'm glad to see Henry wallowing in some guilt (he does kinda deserve it) but I hope he finds out about Danielle being held captive by Pierre le Pieu soon. I do love happy endings. But I'm not too worried, since the last chapter of this is titled 'happily ever after'. :)
StarryNight101 chapter 5 . 7/29/2013
Okay, Gustave is kind of awesome. As much as I love Henry, and ship him with Danielle, he can really be an arrogant prick sometimes, like with the way he treated Danielle at the ball. Go Gustave for giving the prince a piece of his mind!
StarryNight101 chapter 4 . 7/29/2013
This story is so good! I've been looking for a good Ever After fanfic for ages which keeps the characters in character, but still fills in a few of the missing bits, like Henry's change of heart between the masquerade ball and running off to rescue Danielle. I'm excited to see where you're going with this! :)
TiaMaria710 chapter 35 . 6/29/2013
Truly a joy to read.
TiaMaria710 chapter 27 . 6/27/2013
Sorry I haven't reviewed before now. This is a wonderful story. Romanticdetailedenchanting. There is so much I love about it. I find myself researching castles and orange blossom crowns. Truly a treat to read more of a beloved story. The only thing I can't get used to is a "changed" Marguerite. But I do hope she finds happiness. Love the King and Queen and the poem and the sweet prayers. Thank you for a great read. I' ll probably read this more than once.:)
Ivonnette chapter 35 . 6/15/2013
! ! ! I don't know what to say, only that this is the best story in English I've read about cinderella's story

it was quite difficult to understand some expressions that are related to the old English because I'm not a native speaker of English but fortunaley at the end I got it.

You are good writer, and also this is one of my favourite movie ever so thank you for have done this amazing story

PS: I'll be waiting the Epilogue
Caroline Lily-ann Youla chapter 35 . 1/30/2013
I loved your story :) it was quite lovely
anon chapter 35 . 9/24/2012
This is the best Ever After Fic I've read. No contest. It's well written, had great grammar and spelling, and is impossible to stop reading. I also loved the notes at the beginning explaining things - A lot of fanfiction authors (and readers) don't seem to research/know about all that, and it shows in their writing, and yours is all the better for it.

I also thank you for finishing it - a lot of Ever after fanfics are left unfinished.

So thankyou.
pos chapter 35 . 8/8/2012
What a lovely story. I think its brilliant. Wonderfully written. Ever after is my favorite book/movie, and i believe you've done a most fantastic job writing 'In Pursuit of Ever After'. It should be published as a sequel to the original. Excellent work!