Reviews for In Pursuit of Ever After
Colin chapter 1 . 9/24
It was very good better than I thought any fanfic would be
trefifer chapter 1 . 7/27
I am so in love with this story you have no idea. It's my favorite movie so I rewatched it then decided to look on here for more ever after and I did read quiet a few but this is so far above and beyond them there are no comparison. I loved each character you added and the way you changed around others as well. I couldn't put it this was available to purchases I would buy it in a heart beat to keep reading more conventional over and over again. They need a new remake on this story and you need to write there script and design the set with how well you describe in love with this. Thank you for the amazing read.
This was by far the best Ever After fic I have found here thus far. It was such a fun and enthralling read, I am afraid I neglected a fair few of my responsibilities, even cutting a few hours of sleep to finish it. Thank you so much for sharing this.
pumpkinmoose22 chapter 35 . 5/18
Oh my goodness, I just found your story and I LOVED EVERY BIT OF IT! Seriously fantastic work! I loved how you took dialogue from the actual movie and implemented it into your own story. Five stars, ten out of ten! I'm going to read this every time I'm done watching the movie. Thank you so much for satisfying the hopeless romantic in me! I loved that all the girls got a happy ending! Your portrayal of the characters fit those in the movie and I loved the twists and detail you gave to the ones you made up. Magnificent job!
northCastielWing chapter 35 . 2/24
Oh my god this story... I have been reading it non stop for the last 36 hours and I just... I'm having a white girl moment because I can't even handle how wonderful this story was!
nightstar30 chapter 18 . 2/23
Guest chapter 30 . 11/6/2014
Strangely enough, I felt the most for Marguerite here. Even though the orphans thing was a little contrived, I still got that she was coming into her own character and was just trying to live her life as best as can be. And for her to feel that sense of shame, to feel that these noblemen probably thought she deserved that horrible attack was heartbreaking. ..because no one deserves that ever. I loved her relationship with Gustav and that there were people who still cared for her. It just felt so hopeful.
USNeshama chapter 35 . 6/29/2014
If I may make a suggestion before I tell you how fabulous your story was: maybe you could change the story to "complete"? I missed this one my first several times through because it wasn't marked so.

As for the story though I must say it is amazing! I have to say it is probably my favorite FF story to date, in any category. Your version of Ever After is how the movie should have been done. Truly this undertaking was a work of love and sheet brilliance. It was a wonderful and entralling read. I loved it! Thank you so much for taking the time to write it.
malexandria chapter 35 . 6/12/2014
Truly awesome! Congrats on finishing such a well written, fun story!
bjarrell chapter 34 . 3/1/2014
Very much enjoyed this. What an interesting voyage you took us on. You should seriously consider publishing. Thank you.
Took.The.Midnight.Train chapter 35 . 2/25/2014
That was fantastic. Applause all around
Jani chapter 35 . 2/20/2014
Thank you for this story! It was very nice to read. Great continuation and interesting twist from canon. Loved the other characters, both canon and original. They were well written. Great to see even the main characters grow and develop.
Pink Cheshire Cat chapter 35 . 10/21/2013
Most marriges at that age were performed in spring cause they usually only bathed once a year, in spring. Your story is a good read, a bit long at points but still good and has lots of details about the age. I can't see someone changing as much as Margeruite in such a time limit, or her and Gustaf. I think you want all the characters to be good, even if they are supposed to be evil. I like that, but not a lot of people seem to. Thanks for the good read
Jobo78 chapter 35 . 10/17/2013
I LOVED this story! You are a talented writer, your descriptions are clear and concise, not going overboard on too many details but making the scene perfectly clear.

I love the new characters you introduced. I also really enjoyed the way you mixed in some scenes from the film, it made it seem more like part of the actual film.

I wasn't too keen on marguerite getting a happy ending at first, but as the story grew I found I liked her more and was pleased she ended up happy.

Another thing I wasn't keen on was how you portrayed Danielle. I really think she had more courage and strength. I don't think she ever cowed down to her stepmother and that she only stayed there and put up with the abuse because it was her fathers home and she loved the servants. You did make her stronger through the story though, so I was pleased she seemed to toughen up a bit.

There aren't many fan fiction stories that I can't put down but this was one of them. I love it when an author takes the ending and builds on it, adding characters and events to make their own story. Yours was done really well and is now one of my favourites.
StarryNight101 chapter 9 . 7/29/2013
Yay, so glad to see Danielle finally managing to strike against Le Pieu! The only slight complaint I have is that Marguerite's sudden change of heart seems very... sudden. After a lifetime of being self-centered and mean to Danielle, it seems a little unrealistic that she would have a change of heart so quickly and suddenly. I'm all for Marguerite maturing a bit, but to have her do it in an instant just doesn't seem totally believe.

But anyways. That's just a small complaint. The rest is still totally awesome.