Reviews for A Guide to Writing PJO Fanfiction
FullMetalCanine chapter 17 . 2/5
On the other hand, in Sherlock, sociopath Sherlock Holmes is hated by the characters, but a lot of fans (me included) don't hate him. Most of the time.
FullMetalCanine chapter 5 . 2/4
WrItiNg lIKe ThIs onLy WoRKs iN THe HomEsTuCk FaNdoM...HoNk...
7701DeathlyHalfBloodPrincess chapter 15 . 10/31/2014
Use Teary!Annabeth in situations where she's pretending to be teary as a distraction. :p
Crimson Gamma chapter 16 . 8/26/2014
I respectfully disagree on your definition of Mary Sue. I feel if that was a good definition of a Mary Sue I immediately think of Uncle Iroh from Avatar. (note i'm not saying he is one) He doesn't really have any flaws in fighting or personality. He can adapt and he's charismatic and is very wise. The thing that makes him a character is that he's actually limited emotionally and physically. He gets caught off guard and hurt at times and he sustains some emotional damage. A good definition of a Mary Sue is someone who is not challenged by any task that the plot throws at them. Who cares if said person is good looking if they're job is to fight. As long as the plot makes the characters think hard and sweat then they're fine.
mari.berendei chapter 2 . 8/24/2014
Great job here! I am not a PJO fan but that helps generally. Thank you!
foxetch chapter 10 . 1/12/2014
3.1.4

I personally enjoy creating and participating in these kinds of fics. I like seeing how people use my characters. :(
EIMR chapter 22 . 10/22/2013
This guide is well done, it covers Mary Sues and cliches and some more few things, and it seems that you update, a thing not very common in guides. I would like that you do examples, a thing very useful, specially with show, not tell, and a dialogue guide with examples. I'm trying to write something but I can't as I don't know how to do dialogue, and as everybody knows, talking is important. Please do these two things.
Shimmering. Water17 chapter 22 . 7/6/2013
Awesome! This guide is extremely helpful :)
PHAKS chapter 11 . 6/1/2013
Also on that, we have all read the books. Rereading them with chararter intervetion is rather boring.
PHAKS chapter 10 . 6/1/2013
What I did for my first fanfic is a list of predictions for the House of Hades. Do you have comments on that?
I'm no fanfic expert, but this is very well done!
jojo chapter 13 . 2/20/2013
WOW I didn't notice all the tvtropes terms until you pointed that out! Well... I'm definitely special. I love that category so much... it's ridiculous that I didn't catch on...

And this is definitely helpful! You gave me that final motivation to start writing fanfiction :3 (now I just have to choose a fandom. ...crud.)
jojo chapter 11 . 2/20/2013
Shouldn't the characters be a little... MORTIFIED at the fact that everyone has found the book?

Especially if the book is told from the first-person POV... and the main character is a guy, particularly one who has stuck to the untrue belief that "diaries are sissy."

"Dude, I didn't know you had a diary."..."I don't."

But I would be mortified in any such situation. Anyone else?
jojo chapter 10 . 2/20/2013
Maybe writing "tease him/her" with more specific wording might work? E.G. tease him/her about nearsightedness, tell him/her xe's as blind as a bat, etc. might be more specific to the character?

(That really gets on my nerves. My retaliation: Bats aren't blind. They can see just about as well in the dark as you. That is, when they're not using *cough* ECHOLOCATION, NOOB.) (sorry 4 the rant)
jojo chapter 9 . 2/20/2013
The evil laugh? Are you kidding?! Of COURSE it's therapeutic! Adds a few years onto your life expectancy, too! Or, at least, it feels like it...

Very helpful :3 and just because I don't have an account, that doesn't mean I don't write. Just to get that straight.
jojo chapter 8 . 2/20/2013
Oh, I despise those fanmixes with a passion... I once read a TD fic WITH fanmixes... the fact that they have a name only makes my hate burn stronger...

But it's impossible to be mad at anything right now because I'm eating a candy cane. w