Reviews for A Fool's Gold
Galinda V. Maxwell chapter 7 . 11/8/2014
Oh man! I can't stand cliff hangers! I need to know what the last condition is! Please update!
CrazyReader1899 chapter 7 . 10/8/2012
nice
Lyrical Ballads chapter 7 . 1/7/2012
I just discovered this story and I'm completely in love with it. Not only do you have a fantastic plot, but you also have one of the loveliest writing styles I've ever seen. It reminds me a bit of the way J.R.R. Tolkien's The Hobbit is written, in fact, which is a high compliment indeed!

I very much look forward to your next update. :)
Moll chapter 3 . 1/6/2012
Wait, are you saying they're gay? Come on man, that's just wrong. Wrecking it for me here!
VividInfinity chapter 6 . 1/4/2012
nicely done, to the point of perfection

a few flaws here and there,

i was under the impression taht Race was a brilliant poker player, and it was his addiciton that made him lose so much $.

also, you didn't put much description on MArtin, but that's alright, because I imagine him as a scrawny sort of kid, a bit like the kid anakin in the phantom menace, but scrawnier

and lastly, . . .

i forgot,

this is GREAT!

PLZ PLZ PLZ UPDATE SOON!
HowWonderfulLifeIs chapter 1 . 7/19/2011
My goodness, richer than W.R. Hearst? That, my friend, is just too good to be true. I can't wait to see what happens to Racetrack!

And Anthony, by the way, seems to suit him.
stress chapter 5 . 6/22/2011
This was a great chapter! I really enjoyed how you showed his relationship with Ellen Seven (which was a wonderful bit of characterization and a stark reminder of the history of the time) and, of course, I had to snicker a bit at his lessons. We're so used to the newsies as one way - it was interesting to see how one would go about taking that essential "newsie-ness" away from them.

I do feel bad for Race. I can see how he would've forgotten everyone with everything that had happened in the last few weeks, but I'm glad he finally caught on and started to worry what was going on with his friends. I'm sure it'll be interesting ;)

Narniafan96 chapter 5 . 6/16/2011
Meanie! I hate it when you (or anyone) writes a cliffhanger! Anyway. Great job! Good chapter. I can sense how Race feels. Everyone is in character, and I like how you portray the staff. Great job. Please continue as soon as possible!

CTB, Sara
mayday321 chapter 5 . 6/16/2011
Aw! Poor Race! I love his Newsie accent... he's got the best one...

I'm very curious on how the other boys are getting alng without him...

Can't wait for the next chpt.!
Austra chapter 4 . 6/13/2011
Good! I like it! I'm sorry I haven't reviewed lately, but I hadn't realized you had updated. Sorry.

Very good chapter. I like it a lot. The plot is good, original, and clean, and the characters are believable.

Very excellent!
stress chapter 4 . 5/12/2011
I like how Race took off on his own to check out what was really going on with the inheritance. It definitely seems to fit hit character - not being too sentimal for goodbyes, he just snuck out before anyone knew where he was going. The description of the mansion was great, with all the too's: too sharp, too point, too big. It really hits home how out of his element poor Race is about to become!

You did a great job making all of this incredibly believable. I really thought it was clever how you used the strike - specifically the picture in the newspaper - to tie in how Race's uncle could have found him. But what a stiff old man he had to have been... and what's up with Frith telling Race he can't see his old friends again? Yeah... let's see how long that lasts, heh?

Great job with this chapter - I can't wait to see what happens next! And as for the servant... I got three of the four but Martin? I have no idea where he's from!

JediKnightoftheRougeSquadron chapter 3 . 5/10/2011
Yay! I love Racetrack! Is it really real, or is that person faking them out?
stress chapter 3 . 5/6/2011
That was a great chapter! The characterizations are great and the descriptions pull you right into the story. Not only could I imagine the heat of a New York summer, but also the bitter chill; the touch about the slush in the boots was just perfect, too. It may be May, but winter wasn't so long ago that the East Coast has forgotten it just yet ;)

I love the relationship you portray with Spot and Race. It's just how I imagine them, and it fitted them both perfectly. And the reasons behind Race's worries. Of course David doesn't understand, but the rest of the newsies do and that really explains Race's nerves. I think it'll be interesting to see what happens when he goes for all that money, though the last words really have me wondering...

Brave Battalion chapter 2 . 5/4/2011
this is good, and Race's reaction was sincere. Because think about it. Hes going to loose everything he's ever known. I Would have the same reaction (except I would lAugh histerically like the freak I am) its very realistic! Good job~
Sammy chapter 2 . 5/2/2011
Huzzah! Another great addition - Race's reaction seemed more realistic than the typical "yay me, I'm a millionaire!" type stories I've seen. It shows that he's smart and actually thinks before he acts .

Your writing style, oddly enough reminds me a little of 19th century classics - the narrator explains the characters and everything that's happening in an entertaining way that keeps the reader hooked. Keep up the good work!

Hope the following updates will come quickly, I just can't wait!