Reviews for Show Some Respect
ilovemanga89 chapter 1 . 3/16/2011
I love this story, I hate how those people do that to those who gave there lives. And i know that if it was happening when i was around I would be in there faces, just like Beach, because my little brother when he is 17 is going to go in the marines. so thank you for writting this story.
Strapakai chapter 1 . 3/16/2011
I like how this sentence drives the point home:

You think Ah oughta go stick some fliers up on yer momma's gravestones?

You can see how far Beech has come understanding women. Something like this pre-Cover Girl would have been truly disastrous.
Antigone68104 chapter 1 . 3/15/2011
Sorry, Hawk, you don't get to take Beach out for a steak ... because I'm taking both of you to dinner.
Lady Jaye1 chapter 1 . 3/15/2011
That's horrible, even more so that it's inspired by real events. Beach Head wasn't denying the fact that they had a right to free speech, however, that right doesn't include disrespecting a war memorial and dead soldiers. It's unfortunate that we do have politicians like that asshole senator who care more for expensive frivolous things and 'reputation' than honor.

I'm glad Beach was there and I hope he set at least one or two of those idiots straight. Hawk's response of steak and pie is one of the reasons I love him so much, especially the comment about having NCOs to do the ass kicking for him.
N. Ockenfels chapter 1 . 3/15/2011
Great story, especially Beach's characterization. And Beach trying for a 'whipped puppy expression': that one must have been priceless, it's a miracle Hawk didn't start laughing on the spot. Because Beach and puppy dog eyes... ? Only if rabid bull terriers can actually manage that look!

I'll have to agree with Linuxgirl about the problems with wars and the reasons behind it, but I also couldn't agree more with Beachhead's phrasing. After all, would you like it, if someone used your mama's / familie's / friends gravestones as a table for whatever ? Get a damn folding table, their not that expensive !

As always, thanks for a good story.
Faye Kinitt chapter 1 . 3/15/2011
Just another example that G. and fanfiction can be educational and fun.

Was shocked when I watched the youtube vid - you would think that they would just apologise and take them down instead of making excuses and looking like a pile of dicks. how much effert would it be to move back a foot and but some cardboard to bach their stuff on ?

the fic was great , Beach head should have be given the job of military figure head and general douche bag slapper. I could see him doing recruitment TV ads. Every time you take him into the civi world is just hilarious .

thanks for sharing
Karama9 chapter 1 . 3/15/2011
First, I love that Beach's idea of keeping his temper perfectly in check is to curse like a sailor. :)

Not that he wasn't right to be angry, mind you. It's just funny that he thought this was a controlled and calm response. Of course, compared to what follows, it was relatively calm.

I love this story. Beach's reaction is so satisfying, and Hawk's reaction later on is downright awesome.

Thanks for writing it!
xXWeaponPrimeXx chapter 1 . 3/15/2011
I'm right up there with Hawk. Those people would've been beaten down had I been there.
Giant Snapping Turtle chapter 1 . 3/15/2011
Awe, I love the message! I've always thought that no matter what you believe in regarding war, the one thing that shouldnt change is the support of the troops.

YAAAAY BEACH! I was glad he said something and did something about it! I would have too :D

Haha loved the end. Poor Beach, it isnt his fault if there are crumbs left on the plate ;) and after all, its easier to just eat the whole plate instead of trying to get each individual crumb off ;)
Quathis chapter 1 . 3/15/2011
If your movement is good, why disgrace the dead? Good fic, and a great message. Until next time.
Linuxgirl chapter 1 . 3/15/2011
I totally have to agree about your view of memorials. Though I'm often rather conflicted about the military and "giving your life for your country" if your country isn't really involved or just in a war for business reasons, a memorial is a memorial and should not be used for anything but being exactly that.

Wonder that people like that don't realise what they're doing. After all, they wouldn't do that on a graveyard, now would they?

Aside from this, I enjoyed a really well written story.
zenbon zakura chapter 1 . 3/15/2011
yeah i saw the vid on youtube

they were idiots for not understanding what the person was asking them to do.

cause he asked them to move their stuff from off the memorial not to stop their cause

whata bunch of idiots
CrystalNin chapter 1 . 3/14/2011
Awesome story! Also, I totally agree with how memorials should be treated for respects. People may have different opinions on wars or conflicts in the present day, but that does not excuse the act disrespecting those that gave everything for what they believed in.

Great Job!

ps. personally, I would like to see Hawk give that senator a piece of his mind but then again...politics :)
bluerose8129yahoo.com chapter 1 . 3/14/2011
Madam, you brought tears to my eyes. I thank you for so elegantly stating this. "If we don't, who will?" And that you had Beachhead go so far as polishing the stone while scolding the woman for forgetting about those that deserve her respect...a wonderful touch. Hawk taking an appropriate response was a great moment. I hope many people read this and think 2 twice before being so stupid as to do this to a Memorial for the fallen that give them the freedoms and rights that they think are free.

And for any soldiers that might see this...Thank you.
PhantomEmpress chapter 1 . 3/14/2011
This is a great little fic. it's sad the lack of respect our soldiers and fallen get for all they do to protect our freedoms.
36 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »