Reviews for The Strong One
sunshine102897 chapter 3 . 10/9
Wow. This story. Totally unexpected. It was so incredibly well written and gosh. I am in tears. I THOUGHT DEAN WAS DEAD OMG. I was a mess to the point I couldn't see the words. Thank you for a wonderful ending though. It brought me back from despair.
littlenightbirdy chapter 1 . 8/7
oh my gosh, where this amazing story been all my life? so exciting to read other chpters
It's 1 in the morning and I'm crying. I'm not okay
Fi Suki Saki chapter 3 . 1/20
(But Sam still left him again in Canon. Harsh...
And Dean still come back to him.)

I'm so glad Dean still alive ! Miracle does happen to the Winchester brothers sometimes. (or maybe the God in SPN just like to do what he like to do? because in future season he doesn't help.)

I Love the conversation...
jojospn chapter 3 . 4/12/2013
Another tear jerker! That's twice in a row I thought you killed Dean! Evil lol nah all kidding aside this was beautifully done! I think I'll let out a week's worth of cry fests and read the rest of your works! Excellent!
ccase13 chapter 3 . 1/20/2012
Dean was definitely at his lowest after Sam killed Alistair. Even when Dean wanted to say yes to Michael he wasn't as low as then, he just thought saving half the world was better than letting Lucifer win.
casammy chapter 3 . 9/22/2011
It was very sad but sammy needed something that reminded the whole love and the sacrifices that his dean always has done for love to him
Muly chapter 3 . 5/21/2011
Damn! This story made me crying... You really understand Dean's life perspective
T.L. Arens chapter 3 . 3/22/2011
This required another two-tissue warning. Your understanding of the characters is really wonderful-you understand them and the unique way they speak so well that you have bent the rules in places newer writers can't get away with. :D

First off I thought Dean had died and that Sam had placed him on a pyre-I don't know if that was intentional or not, but it was very, very sad and I, a writer myself, half guessed that maybe Sam might try to take his own life after Bobby left (thereby changing the story to an AU) but then Dean's voice, clearly in his own words, spoke-I even heard the gravely, weary voice. my first thought was maybe Sam recalled something his brother said from the tape. Then I thought maybe Dean was a ghost or a hallucination. But it was the point that Dean laid a hand on Sam's shoulder that the picture came into my head and it was kinda cool seeing the whole thing develop in that fashion.

I also enjoyed Sammy's meltdown. I can just picture some shrink rub his hands, anticipating the attempt to treat the codependant fixation the brothers have. Pfffp. But then, they'd not be Winchesters and I think you'd have to give them a frontal lobotomy before curing them of the codependancy.

I loved the Hallmark moment and the way you ended it, with Castiel standing watch for a while was really sweet.

This story demonstrates why I love Supernatural so much! -
T.L. Arens chapter 2 . 3/22/2011
*Plucks two tissues* Ohmigod! How often do we get to see Dean lay all his cards on the table? He's so guarded that when the dam breaks, everything is laid bare. You cannot tell me that the angels did not have a hand in breaking Dean's resolve. dicks. But it goes further back than that. Dean's unswerving loyalty to his father really played a number on his head. I hope Sam chews Castiel up one side and spits him out the other. (not that you've written it that way, but it's too bad the situation got to the point in Season 4 that Dean had to all but bend over to get Castiel to understand the situation was wrong)

The pacing here is really good and kept me glued to the screen, fearful and sad. Sam did not survive while Dean was in Hell; that's why he trusted Ruby. I doubt that Sam would survive Dean's suicide.

"..." 'I never resented you. I never hated or resented that I lost my childhood to pretty much raise you "...That broke my heart. I dont' think Sam could ever find a better brother even if he looked through all eternity.
T.L. Arens chapter 1 . 3/21/2011
Whoa! Love the abrupt ending! Head of a Pin was a rough episode and really hard for Dean. I'm glad you took this issue up because he was so distraught and as you mentioned in the story here, the siren messed Dean up even more-taking up that axe to Sam under the siren song... that *had* to do a number on his emotions. I know that brooding is usually Sam's thing, but I'm glad to read Dean going through all this in his head. he's usually the one to stuff things into a corner or sweep them under a rug rather than deal with internal, personal issues. His daddy taught him that one! .

Just a couple of suggestions to make your writing 'cleaner' (not talking about language, not to worry) While be-verbs and helping verbs can't be completely avoided, it's usually better to avoid them when you can.

For example: Dean Winchester remembered always knowing that no matter what he was feeling or how much he wanted to sink into despair that he couldn't because he had to be the damn strong one.

Try this: No matter what he felt or how he wanted to sink into despair Dean Winchester knew he couldn't; he had to be the damn strong one.

Staring at the bottle that was sitting next to him on the cold dirty bathroom floor of their latest motel room, Dean let his head fall back to rest on the side of the tub and he let his mind wander back to when it happened. To when the moment came when he stopped being the strong one.

Try this: Staring at the bottle sitting on the cold dirty bathroom floor (because we already assume it’s sitting next to him), Dean let his head rest on the side of the motel room tub. He wondered when he stopped being the strong one.

Prepositional phrases such as “to him” or “on the side” tend to get in the way of what is really important. -he rested his head. He stared at the bottle. He wondered. Noun-verb. Hope that helps?
CeCe Away chapter 3 . 3/19/2011
Goodness, I thought Dean really was dead there for a while. Strong emotions in this.
judyann chapter 3 . 3/17/2011
OMG you are so evil. I kept thinking did she write a death fic. It was so good htough but it did make me cry!
ginkies chapter 3 . 3/17/2011
Love it, you rock this story D
thetvgeneral chapter 3 . 3/17/2011
I've been reading your stories since I found them on this site, and have to tell you that you capture Dean, Sam and the others so well! Few authors have been able to tug at my heart strings like you have. Keep up the great work and keep the stories coming. I have subscribed to you so if you post any new stories I get an alert. I always smile when I see those alerts in my email!

Thanks again for writing!